How does the exercise affect?

Nacho_71's profile photo   10/05/2009 4:25 a.m.

A question for those who have been in this longer.

Let's see what fails in my knowledge about glucose processes.

By eating Ingré HC that are prosecuted in blood glucose.

As our pancreas does not secret enough insulin, glucose tends to rise since it cannot be processed by the cells.

By injecting insulin, glucose can penetrate cells.

Now, with data only as an example.

I eat 10 rations of HC, I inject 10 IU, and my blood glucose is controlled, at normal levels, which means that this glucose to the cells passed to the cells, and one of two, has been consumed in the daily activity, or has beenstored by fat -shaped cells.

I perform a physical eje, therefore glucose consumption, but I can only consume that glucose that is incorporated insulin.

Then, the exercise (which lowers blood glucose, I have checked) will only be effective if I have blood insulin, if not, no matter how much exercise I did, the cells could not use the glucose in the blood, right?Therefore, exercising only helps control the glucose level, but does not decrease the need for insulin, correct?

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
10/05/2009 4:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Nacho, theoretically it will be as you say, but in practice I already tell you that the exercise does condition the amount of insulin, and enough ... with 1 hour of skating to Angela I have to supply 1 insulin unit less in the foodPrevious (it has the eg at 4 in the afternoon, just after eating), and lower basal insulin for 1 hour and a half, in the middle ..... and in the snack instead of putting 1.8 units that youI usually put 1.4 (for the same amount of HC, S), and be careful at dinner and at midnight ...
Look, a clear example is swimming if you have insulin bomb.Theoretically there is no basal to be disconnected (there may be remains of food insulin or whatever, because of Angela, having a control of 120, I assure you that I have to give it something to eat (minimum a ration) before getting intothe pool, if not, hiccup ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/05/2009 4:57 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

It affects it very clearly, and not only at the moment, but the next day .... from your own experience.

What happens to me is that I am of a restless mind, and I like to know how things work, and I am lost in this.

The insulin is "sticks" to glucose so that it can cross the cell wall ... and then, where is that insulin going?How much insulin can we have circulating in blood?For how long?Because if there was no free insulin, the exercise could not lower the blood glucose, as much could consume the sugar that is already inside the cells ... I will continue to search through the network, to see what I find.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
10/05/2009 6:10 a.m.

I think it affects much, at least in my case.
I exercise almost every day and did it before having diabetes so I have not been able to check if my insulin needs are diminished by the sport but after 9 years with diabetes I continue to put between 20 and 24 total units of daily insulin,Basal 12 and the rest distributed in each meal. When I go to run I under the basal halfobvious that the exercise influences.
The exercise takes advantage of muscular glucose, then the glucose of the blood, if you have a lot of insulin circulating the hypoglycemia is safe, insulin is the key that nutrients enter the cell and the exercise makes it more effective, it makes you needless insulin for the same hydrates .....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/05/2009 6:37 a.m.

I have always exercised a lot and now I am bitter because with the insulin I do not control anything (I've been three days).They have put 10 units of Humalog 25 in the morning, 6 in the afternoon and 10 at night.In the afternoon they put me less to do sports but, if I have good pre and post prandial values ​​then I can't even take a walk because I put myself to the edge of a hypoglycemia and if that happens I rob me and then it gives me the rush.

I want to do everything I did before and I still don't have the famous "Diabetes educator", I'm quite lost :(

DiabetesForo
10/05/2009 11:43 a.m.

You carry very little with insulin, first manage to stabilize and then start exercising little by little observing how insulin is doing if you need it or eating something before.Anyway, mixed insulins for my taste are a delay and very difficult to control.

DiabetesForo
10/05/2009 12:12 p.m.

Hello car, the first thing a little patience ... I also think the same as meadow, first stabilize and then you will see how your life will begin to be as always ... and with respect to the mixed, uffff, the same I tell you, I like very little, although for what I see they continue to be used in the debut ... but above all, encourage yourself because you can soon be doing almost the same as before.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/05/2009 12:22 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

By the way Nacho on the website of the Spanish Diabetes Society (SED) in the "Publications" section you can download a book "Exercise and Diabetes" that is very interesting.

DiabetesForo
10/05/2009 12:41 p.m.

I hit the link direct to the book that Prado comments:

DiabetesForo
10/05/2009 12:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.