Other catheters

Velia's profile photo   10/05/2009 6:27 a.m.

This summer, and after 4 years with a bomb (Medtronic), we have had "continuous" problems in the insertion of catheters ....

Each change has cost us practically, the insertion of 3 catheters, in addition to good hyperglycemia, maintained much longer than desired, the consequent anger of Angela and the inevitable impotence of Juanlu and Mia ... come on, that a luxury ....

The issue is that by inserting them the cannula was bent at right angles, thus preventing insulin from circulating through it ...

Our Medtronic Commercial, Javier Largo, as attentive and efficient as always, sent us a new catheters box, in case the problem resided in a defective lot, but our surprise was that the same thing continued to happen ....

We believe that having little fat, having exercised (bicycle) and taking a long time by clicking the area, can be the cause of the defect in insertion.Again we talked to Medtronic, which recommended changing the catheter for another whose insertion is made in oblique, instead of perpendicularly.They sent us some test and for the moment everything is going well ... already in the hospital they have asked us the new ones.

The insert is different, and the mark that leaves somewhat larger on the skin, but has the advantage that right in the insertion zone has a "transparent" sticker that allows visualizing whether the cannula or the area has a problem, in addition, ofThat I get the impression that it is more difficult to start with a hitch when inserted in oblique ... as I have read, it is the infusion team that they put to babies or very thin people.

I leave you a link where you can veil.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/05/2009 6:27 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia thank you very much for answering, I have spoken with Mectronic, they send me the oblique catheters tomorrow, hopefully they last more, I worry a little than the insertion hurts the little one more.I wanted to ask you a question is there a local anesthetic for insertion?If so, do you use it?
Does it affect the skin?
Thanks for your help and share with me your knowledge

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/05/2009 8:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Very good.

We have also had (and we have sometimes) problems with catheters.Celia gets out with some frequency.
I have not yet considered the oblique, because Celia is not exactly thin and, in addition, the normal ones leave him a brand.I will talk to Teté, to see what you think.

Lena, welcome to the club.
Regarding the anesthetic, Celia so far did not use any, but the other day, on the recommendation of Velia, I bought Lambdalina, which is an anesthetic in the form of a cream that is applied between average and one hour before the insertion, and it seems thatIt's fine.He says it hurts much less.The pharmacist told me that it costs about 15 euros, but that it enters social security, so I will ask for the recipe and save some Eurillos.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/05/2009 11:19 a.m.

Lena, to see if you are lucky and solve the problem with the new catheters ... the insert seems to bother the same, we had to put some before having the anesthetic.Angela happens to Celia, with the anesthetic cream it hurts much less and now does not protest every time you have to change them.(I have come to think that another of the possible causes of being folded out to tense the muscle when putting it on it and that is why it be folded ...).
Alea, anyway also ask those of Medtronic ... indeed lambdalina enters the SS, I TB.I bought it and then the pediatrician prescribed it ... I am at least happy, so I have mentioned above and of course I have not seen any skin reaction.
Lena, you'll tell us how you are doing.
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/05/2009 12:02 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone!I enter to tell you that yesterday afternoon for the first time we put the oblique to the little one, all good, at first when he saw it ... especially when he saw the puncturer told my husband, I don't want you to put it on!Between my husband and a 10 -year -old friend convinced her (I was not) and he really tells me that he did not hurt her, we threw the cremita.For now it works well, I'll be told.The truth that at first glance gives me the feeling as if it were more delicate than the others, the sticker and that of seeing so clearly where the canulite is inserted ... it gives me a little yuyu.

On the other hand, with what it cost me to learn to put the others!Above all losing the fear of clicking ... nose nose.For a long time my husband put it until I let go and and I was losing respect a little.I guess I will learn the same thing to me what it costs me but ... Caray how I impose this to put it on.

Well a hug to all and thanks for being there.

DiabetesForo
10/09/2009 6:59 a.m.

Lena, to see if it is doing well, which is the important thing ... and the fear of change, it is logical, you will see how you learn quickly and lose your respect .... courage and keep counting ... akiss

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/09/2009 1:55 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, I bear an equal action of the spirit.: D

DiabetesForo
10/19/2009 2:12 p.m.

Great, Fran, thus there is more variety and that enriches the forum and we all know a little more.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/19/2009 3:54 p.m.

Well here I am to tell you that the oblique catheters work very well, I tell you short very short almost in a whisper because after what we have happened with those of 6mm ... I almost even comment on how well they go in case theluck.Do not you have passed to you who for a while the controls have been great and ... it is enough that the good glycemia go so that ... pum that same night the glycemia to hell?

Velia, Alea wanted to make you a consultilla, look I noticed that the insertion zone that is seen by the transparent part of the catheter appears as a sweating, we go as if it did not perspire well, it is not very good as explaining it to you.Does your daughters happen?

You use the spray nobecuta, do you see the catheter, right?

Well I know that I have given you the thanks, but I give them again for what you have helped me to change the 6mm catheters for the obliques, thanks for your advice.A hug

DiabetesForo
10/22/2009 4:25 p.m.

Lena, my daughter does not use oblique, so the catheter area is not transparent.Anyway, I have not noticed anything weird.
Today a new box of catheters has started and, for the moment, well.

Let's see if luck is still and the problems are over.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/22/2009 5:32 p.m.

Hi Lena ... what a joy to read such good news ... to see if it continues, because how much reason you are with commenting something and humping ... the important thing is that the fat problem you had has been solved ....
I sometimes see Angela a tad of blood.But when I take it, it doesn't look bad.Your yes ????If it's okay, I don't think you should give you much importance.
Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/23/2009 6:13 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.