Have I done well?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2009 12:13 a.m.

Hello!, Yesterday at dinner I measured and I had 64 (the truth is that I not notice the symptoms, maybe just a little palpitations).Well, the fact is that as I was with hiccups and I didn't want me to go down anymore, I ate a tablespoon of nocilla dessert and a Nestquick glass with cookies, and then I had dinner.After dinner I put insulin because before, with 64, I know I shouldn't.Did I do well injecting it after or did not have applied the dose that night?
Then, at half past four in the morning I woke up and, as I am afraid of the night lowWhile I slept, that's why I took the same as at night to avoid problems: did I do the right thing?
Get me out of doubt, please.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/17/2009 12:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of all those doubts the experience takes you ...

There are people who need to bed at 200 to get up with 100 and there are people who need to bed with less than 100 to not get up with 200 ...
You have to find what is doing well to you.

The ultra -granted insulin you have to put it whenever you eat carbohydrates ... otherwise you will rise very easily above 200 ... always depending on your global treatment, the exercise, etc.

In my view there is no excessive importance in putting insulin before or after eating ... as long as they are not 3 hours 8)

At 4 in the morning you no longer had ultra -granted insulin, so theorically of the 75 should not go down much .... How much have you got up?

DiabetesForo
10/17/2009 6:26 a.m.

At the moment I do not exercise and take 7 Novomix units before breakfast, 10 before the food and 10 of Humalog Mix 25 before dinner.
Today I got up with 156. I didn't know that I wasn't going to get off much so I think the next time this happens to me at dawn, I will eat a couple of integral cookies, to see how.

DiabetesForo
10/17/2009 9:25 a.m.

Auto, that slow one you use can go down a lot, because it has a peak at dawn.We use Lantus, a more stable insulin, without peaks, and that frees you from food schedules because it lasts 24 hours.I have been very good to put it in the morning.You can comment with your magnetic, because this new insulin greatly reduces hypoglycemia.
Greetings to all: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/18/2009 12:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

As Owash tells you, you have to meet yourself.

Little by little you will see how your body behaves.

When I had a serious hiccup (less than 50) I have thrown sugar directly.If they are descended by some more exercise, for more hours between meals, etc. (below 100) I take three or four María Cookies, which take effect in about 10 minutes.

Keep in mind that sleeping is when you least consume, so without the effects of insulin, glycemia remains a lot.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
10/19/2009 3:30 a.m.

Hello, I also have problems at night, I have to eat at least two rations, so as not to have a hypo: D

DiabetesForo
10/19/2009 6:27 a.m.

Hello Fran:
With pump it is easier to avoid hypos, at least in theory:-/, since the basal can be adjusted a lot and thus be more stable .....

DiabetesForo
10/19/2009 8:28 a.m.

With those figures to Celia I make a couple of portions, to ensure good blood glucose.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/19/2009 11:05 a.m.

I take note of your advice.
Today I have gone to endo and has changed me to the Lantus, I'm happier !!!I have the impression that I will finally be able to start doing things because until now I could not even move at risk of having a hiccup.As my doctor says " you have to live with diabetes not for diabetes ".
Greetings: d

DiabetesForo
10/21/2009 1:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.