I premiere as a bomber (Medtronic 522) I need opinions: S

fatima's profile photo   11/01/2009 11:07 a.m.

Hello everyone !! are you?
From October 28 I am using the insulin pump ... I have now noticed a great change in my glycemias ... although I notice very very rare still, because accustomed to levels of 400/500 I suppose that I would take a while to get used toTo this situation ...
I would like to know opinions about people who use insulin bombs, and know how they are doing ..
Another of my "concerns" is to make weight because of carrying the bomb, because I have heard that it can happen ... is that true?
The truth is that I would like to go down a few kilos and I'm afraid to think that with the bomb I can't get it ...
I would appreciate your opinion very much ...
Take a lot !!!
A kiss !!!!!!!

fatima's profile photo
fatima
11/01/2009 11:07 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Fatima.

Here you will find enough bomb users.
To the principle everything is more complicated, until you get used to calculating and handling the pump, but then you will see how your glycemia improves a lot.

Regarding fattening, unless you use the pump to eat the gross, you don't have to gain weight.Rather the opposite, since there are much less hypoglycemia with a pump and, therefore, it is not necessary to take supplements.

In addition, the bomb does not have to eat when there is no hunger, so it is easier to lose weight.

Ask all doubts that arise, that you will see how there are many people who will help you.

Health and welcome.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/01/2009 1:06 p.m.

Thank you very much Alea ... I hope and you are right ...: S
I suppose everything will be a matter of getting used to and having patience, right?
On Tuesday I will go to the endocrine and tell him that I have some hypos after eating ... especially after dinner ... and that I get the ratio for dinner ...
Your qtal daughter? Great right?
What I want is to know my hemoglobin ... see how it is ...
Your daughter what basal does it have? And how much is injected? To know more or less;)
A very strong wapisima kisses

fatima's profile photo
fatima
11/01/2009 1:15 p.m.

Fatima, they take you in Cáceres, right?I ask you why in this forum there are more bombs with pump and surely they can guide you very well.

If you have hypos after eating and dinner, probably what you will have to go down will not be the basal, but the bowling.The endo will be confirmed to you, but if you see that you get a lot of care and eat some more hydrate, until you know how to modify the doses.

My daughter is going well.The basal ones have them for time sections, and it goes from 1.4 to 1.7 units at the time, depending on the hours.

Well, I let you want to enter Celia.

Kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/01/2009 3:03 p.m.

Ok Alea ... I'll do it on the same Tuesday when I will see it.
Yes, if they treat me in Caceres ... let's see if I agree here with some other cacereño;)
I have the basal put now at 0.65 and the Bolus are around 5 or 6 units more or less ...
Well wapisima are we still in touch?
A huge kiss !!!!!!!

fatima's profile photo
fatima
11/01/2009 3:34 p.m.

Hello Fatima, welcome !!!!
We are also from Cáceres ... My husband is treatChange the bomb, having shuffled with those figures that you put, it will have been spectacular, I am not surprised that you feel rare, but surely your body will get used to Normaglucemia ....
Because of gaining, in our case or Juan Luis or Angela took weight, and as Alea says, if you want to save you any snack you can do it, or handle you with the basal to avoid the hypos ... in short, that you will leave uscounting how is you doing.
Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/05/2009 4:13 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.