I introduce myself

Picky's profile photo   11/11/2009 1:23 p.m.

Hi!
I am 29 years old and debut in August of this year.
I have the controls quite well but animically
I am still overcoming it. The world came to me when I
They said k was diabetic, start taking pills and now I'm
with fast insulin and the lantus. to change my life.
I have many questions, but before I wanted to introduce myself .............: D

Picky's profile photo
Picky
11/11/2009 1:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, you have reached the right place, because here we all go on the same ship.Some get dizzy and others no;), but we are all learning to handle it.

As for doubts, shoot whenever you want: D

Welcome home

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/11/2009 1:33 p.m.

Thank you for also hosting myself in your home that I already belong to too.
I am a little Xuxona, but at this time I lost10 kilos, you will explain how
pass me at Christmas.

Picky's profile photo
Picky
11/11/2009 1:50 p.m.

Hehe, having ever good, but you can eat a little of what is normally forbidden.You simply have to learn how each organism works and how much extra insulin you need so that these "pecadillos" do not pass invoice in the form of hyperglycemia or lack of control.

Anyway, there are real delicacies that do not rise glycemia, such as seafood, Iberians, etc.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/11/2009 2 p.m.

Insulin extras for "pecadillos" how should I manage it ????????: Mrgreen:

Picky's profile photo
Picky
11/11/2009 2:11 p.m.

Well, the ideal is that it is the endocrine or the educator who put the guidelines and calculate how many doses of insulin you need in relation to the hydrates you take.You must first know how your body responds to insulin and the rest of the variables (food, exercise, special situations, etc.)
Then it is convenient to test and point the results.The trial-error method gives a lot of good result.

Tell us what insulin guidelines you carry and if they have taught you to eat for rations of hydrates, to be able to guide you better.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/11/2009 4:25 p.m.

Hi Picky, welcome to your new home.

One thing that can help you a lot is to wear a newspaper these first months.

I point everything like every day (food and weight), and glycemia in some leaves.From there, I get my conclusions, and I am seeing how much I must inject if I pass with the food or it is short.

I still remember my first meals away from home, a weekend in Barcelona with some friends, my normal dose injects me at night, but at dinner I don't eat as many hydrates as it was normal, and the same thing happened to me at breakfast, I arriveJusto, injected me, and breakfast little.Then we were in the sun in the morning, and at the last minute I was trembling, sweaty and with 43 .... my first hiccups, and I hope it is the last.

Now I have learned to control myself well, and I stay stable in my 90-120 before meals.

Follow that newspaper for a few months, and you will see how it is useful to you.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/12/2009 2:58 a.m.

Picky, welcome !!! ... Tell us a little, as Alea says, about what you take and insulin guidelines, and maybe we can guide you something ...
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/12/2009 4:03 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Picky, welcome .....
Here you can vent because we are going to understand you, we have all gone through the same ...
From my experience I tell you that life does not change so much for having diabetes, to the punctures you get used even if you do not believe it, they become another routine, but it is very important that you accept that you have diabetes and learn how insulin works, it is notas difficult as it seems;).I encourage and tell us everything you want, your doubts, your fears ....
Kisses

DiabetesForo
11/12/2009 4:34 a.m.

Hello, thank you for all your help.
The controls before each meal I have between 70 and 120 I think they are great, I always have them like that I have k pinxar 3 of fast and 10 of Lantus x the noxes. So that I know me a little I marry me in August of LLast year and this year in summer we would be baby and we went to look for it, it was then when I started to find me badly, watch Muxa thirst, my addomeny hurt a lot I made an analytical one and I had it 260.
My doctor has recommended that I don't look for a child yet.
Can you explain to me about the portions?:-/

Picky's profile photo
Picky
11/12/2009 9:47 a.m.

Welcome Picky, you have arrived at the fair site, you know a lot, you'll see that you soon learn.

A kiss,

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
11/12/2009 10:50 a.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Hi Picky, welcome !!
I see that you carry the controls very well, a shame that diabetes has appeared when you started looking for the baby.But now the important thing is that you take care of yourself, and that for a while you have a good hemoglobin, your endo will say ... and when you believe it convenient they will give you "permission" and then go for the baby.
I have been mom 2 and a half years ago and very well ... No problem for diabetes.
Luck!!

anuski's profile photo
anuski
11/16/2009 6:46 a.m.

Hello!!!!!!HAPPY YEAR 2010 !!!I have already spent my first Christmas with diabetes ......
And very well I have not fattened ha, it is an advantage !!!: P
This forum is good for me, I know my illness better and knowing people who are in my same situation ..
Now in February I go to the endocrine to see what happens?
Chic@s muxas thanks !!!for giving me and giving me advice ...............

Picky's profile photo
Picky
01/14/2010 10:48 a.m.

It is always good to feel wrapped somewhere.And here one feels like that.

You will see how the passing of the weeks will make you feel more "normal" and take insulin like who wears glasses.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/19/2010 3:52 a.m.

hello !!!Nacho good comparison ......: D
I think you carry it better than me, yet, I don't measure my meals and and I don't know if I do it well !!
I have my glycemia between 80 and 124 sometimes a little shorter than 70 but I notice it ........
I wanted to ask you what the last hemo is and where do you look?
is that I look for it in my analytics and I can't find it ....
Muxas thanks and greetings ...;)

Picky's profile photo
Picky
01/21/2010 10:21 a.m.

HELLO!!!!I know what is the hemo !!!
At first I had 7.3 and the last one is in 6 ...
What a joy they already told me that I can look for baby ..... now I have to get to it !!!HA HA HA,
They took away the lantus and the novorapid now I have novomix 5o breakfast, and lunch ,,, and dinner and novomix 3 at dinner ....
Do you know if this insulin is doing well ???I had a decrease of 40 .... will it be insulin change ???
Answer ...... Greetings Picky .......

Picky's profile photo
Picky
02/24/2010 3:12 p.m.

I cannot advise you on those insulins, I have only tried Novorapid and Lantus ......

But if you have descents, consult your endocrine or educator, and you may have to lower some dose.But they tell you.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
02/25/2010 3:33 a.m.

Well, I don't like mixtures, they seem like a total backwardness, in addition to very difficult to control, I do not understand why they continue to remove lantus in pregnancies: Evil:

DiabetesForo
02/25/2010 3:37 a.m.

Well, I think they should put the bomb all the pregnant women.

greetings

lola's profile photo
lola
02/25/2010 3:48 a.m.

They proposed the bomb ,,, right now I am not able to carry diabetes and
The insulin pump: Oops: ................
I prefer to prick and control myself ......
I don't understand why they continue to remove the lantus, the truth !!is that I was doing very well
Thanks guys !!!

Picky's profile photo
Picky
02/25/2010 3:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.