Doing breastfeeding from diabetes?

fer's profile photo   12/04/2009 1:16 p.m.

Give breastfeeding from diabetes? ... What do you think of this statement? ... These things sometimes sound more like a campaign to breastfeed than anything else ... I don't know ...

breastfeed protects women from diabetes

Giving to breastfeed could reduce the mother's risk to develop metabolic syndrome, a disorder associated with heart disease and diabetes in women, according to a study of the research division of the Kaiser permanent institution in Oakland (United States).This association was even superior in women who had suffered gestational diabetes during pregnancy.The study results are published in the digital edition of the magazine 'Diabetes'.

Breastfeeding reduces the risk of metabolic syndrome between 39 and 56 percent in women who have not suffered gestational diabetes and between 44 and 86 percent in those who did, depending in both cases of their duration.The researchers examined the duration of breastfeeding including periods between 0-1 months and more than 9 months.

Previous investigations have shown that infants have glucose levels and more favorable blood lipids in the following weeks than those who did not breastfeed.Other studies have reported weaker associations in relation to metabolic syndrome and diabetes in medium -sized and older women.

According to Erica Guinderson, responsible for the study, "discoveries indicate that breastfeeding might have durable favorable effects on women's risk factors on the subsequent development of diabetes or heart disease."Guinderson points out that the benefits do not seem due to differences in weight gain, physical activity or other healthy behaviors.However, in the study, participants who did not develop metabolic syndrome had less fat in the abdomen and higher levels of good cholesterol.

The 704 women who were between 18 and 30 years old were first suffered from metabolic syndrome before pregnancy.Among them there were 120 new cases of the disorder after pregnancy over 20 years of follow -up.Metabolic syndrome is a set of risk factors associated with obesity and metabolism that greatly predicts future diabetes and possibly, coronary arterial disease during medium age and early mortality in women.

Previous studies suggest a stronger bond between metabolic syndrome and diabetes than with coronary heart disease.Another recent investigation by Guinderson published in August 2009 in the magazine 'American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology' discovered that women with gestational diabetes are 2.5 times more likely to develop metabolic syndrome after pregnancy.

The researchers explains that it will be necessary to carry out more studies to discover more are the mechanisms through which breastfeeding could influence the risk of cardiovascular disease or diabetes.In addition, it is also necessary to clarify whether the modifications in the lifestyle, including the duration of breastfeeding, could affect the development of coronary arterial disease and type 2 diabetes, particularly among the greatest risk groups as women with a history ofgestational diabetes.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/04/2009 1:16 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I think I already told it once.I have 3 children.I grew up only one month, because he stayed hungry.The second we have begun to make a bottle at 20 days, for the same reason.
However, Celia, who was more patient, lasted her chest six months no less ... and is the only diabetic: Mrgreen:
I'm afraid it will not.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/04/2009 1:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.