{'en': 'Adolescence', 'es': 'Adolescencia'} Image

Adolescence

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/12/2009 1:21 p.m.

Well, I don't have teenage children either, everything will come ... I love your attitude I hope! I can have the same.
As for permissiveness, because I do not know, I think it also depends on where you live, as you have pointed before, I am Valencian, I am the same age as your car, and I have left a lot, because it is true that in Valencia you leaveFrom a very young age, that the night confuses us 8) yes you are right, drink, smoking, the other F, I have done everything and in spite of that I am a "person of benefit" so much that I even have a child with diabetes and I attend the24 hours a day.
A secret self: I am also a little reactionary, my son will not be so loose that I know what is around ... hahaha!

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/15/2009 1:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Mornita, do you have type 1 diabetes?And a child with the same type of diabetes?Type 1?Do you know more cases like yours?I have type1 diabetes and a 4 -year -old boy who does not have diabetes, is by simple curisity.All the best.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
12/16/2009 8:15 a.m.

Anapp

Alea, that I'm glad of the success obtained, and will undoubtedly be an incentive for Celia and more confidence for you.Congratulations.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/16/2009 10:07 a.m.

Thank you.
The truth is that every small step forward.Autonomy is not won the day that is fulfilled 18, but it is a long process, and goes step by step.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/16/2009 12:30 p.m.

Ana Pope: I am not a diabetic, or anyone from my family, my son is four years old, he is type I diabetic since the three.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/16/2009 3:16 p.m.

Ahh :)) I confused things.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
12/19/2009 3:36 a.m.

Anapp

I believe that it depends on the character of each child, and you have to act your personality and situation without overwhelming it.My mother was very "reactionary" with me, and I became a rebel without cause.Logically, my rebellion was reflected in some we have 10 or more.I don't blame it, I know she just wanted to protect me.In addition, adolescence is a time of confusion and madness, but I also believe that you have to start loosening the loop and that the adolescent take some responsibilities.

lola's profile photo
lola
12/19/2009 6:35 a.m.

Hello,

I am 25 years old, and I am a diabetics since the 3, so I know this of adolescence and diabetes quite well.My parents, with their experience of having raised three other children much older than me, gave me a lot of freedom.Diabetes was never a cobbleiment to do things, with 12 years I went to a two -week basketball campus (it was not for diabetics or anything), with 14 years still high mountain camp, with 16 and at 17 years a month and a half to Ireland.All this I alone, without an "adult" that will supervise my glucose ... and when I got the sugar better it was when I had to control it, because I had to prove that I could alone.
Until I arrived at the University (18 years) I did not start leaving at night because I did not like it, and when I started to leave, because I did not have time to get home, but it was never the last of the group that was going.I think it is very important to give the same freedom, to the extent of the possible, that even adolescent without diabetes.It is already enough ballast to have this disease, to put more obstacles in life ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/25/2010 10:25 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

First Alea, congratulations on the thread, I think it can be interesting for everyone and useful, if it does not give clear answers (because for a topic like adolescence there is nothing clear) will at least serve to share and try to do it in the way we see better.
I would have let him out.I see even absurd not to leave it because the day I can decide for herself, she is unch of all the times she has not been able to do it.But do not leave anything without tie.If the controls have been done ... Well, when you get rid of a while, you look if it is true that you have been done.(The teenage diabetics we lied phenomenal hahahaha) I did it constantly, but of course, keep in mind that my parents passed from the diabets, which was simpler than it really is.But that of thinking ... no, no, my son would never lie to that ... It is blindly trusting a "hormone" that wants them to let him out again.I am very happy that it has gone well, with 16 you have already thought of it as an independent being that can make its own decisions, with or without errors.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/26/2010 3:33 p.m.

It does not seem strange to me that a 16 -year -old girl leaves until the age of some weekend, more if it is her birthday, lives in a town and there are pending people.16 years is already a considerable age, but not the girls of 12 who want to pass through those of 20 when before the 12 were at home playing the dolls ...

ManuLC92's profile photo
ManuLC92
11/26/2010 12:34 p.m.

Great post, Alea.I'm glad (even if it is almost two years ago hahaha) that everything went well.I am not going to get into the controversy because it no longer comes to mind, but I would love to participate here if you have something new to tell, because as I have already told you, I am almost 21 years old and I have the adolescence and diabetes theme aroundThe corner so ... when you like

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/26/2010 7:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.