{'en': 'Diabetic Christmas', 'es': 'Navidades diabéticas'} Image

Diabetic Christmas

zxa09's profile photo   12/15/2009 11:17 a.m.

First diabetic Christmas, to be exact, of this forties that he writes, accustomed so far to enjoy the Christmas sweet with Mable, but without objections.

It turns out that I follow a criminal diet, extremely strict and without any concession to earthly joys.

I am in mind my father's example, he diabetic type 2 (I type 1 and proud to be) of those who say "but if I only have a little sugar, what I am going to take for me if nothing happens", and now fortunatelyalive (miracles of the human body) but with two acute infarcts behind them and a quality of life Chunga.

So, far from following the paternal example, I have put a prayer with my traitorous body and I do not allow any complete, half, small, nor ninth excess.

Christmas now arrives and good people harass me (with their best intention, I say it without irony) to exceed me a little.

What do we do the diabetics that we live in clean insulinazo in these beautiful dates of peace, love, friendship and azuquiqui in the veins?

What do you do, those who have experience, diabetic and solera culture?

What is going on?

What is being responsible, full and not going on?

I am clear that eating a kilo of chocolate nougat is not even good for citizens who are not sugary.I don't talk about that.I mean goodwill advice, tricks, ideas or suggestions.

Nor do I need recipes.But thanks if you have thought about it.

And I am serious when I ask you, is it possible for an individual like me (and like many other millions), engulfed on December 24, for example, a chocolate donut (since I debuted I have not stopped dreaming of them) and thenNothing irremediable happens?

And I add as information: I am addicted by optional prescription to slow insulin and metformin.

And besides, as I am so edge with my body (now that he fucks, I no longer plan to feed him), my glycemia have been 3 months without ever climbing 100 (so he will learn, to see if for the next disease the lesson has learned andIt cuts a little).

Go ahead my respect, sincere, to all diabetics, whether they are, that pass, do not pass or, directly.

Greetings,

zxa09's profile photo
zxa09
12/15/2009 11:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi ZXA09:
Do you only click Slow Insulina?Don't you use an ultra -grape for meals?because then you have it Chungo;).
With the usual scheme today, slower slower in each meal you can eat everything, in moderation and allow the whims you want, always with a clear head.Like everything, I do not forbid anything, to those who tell me that I cannot eat sweet I always tell you the same thing, that I am not allergic to sugar, only that I have to learn to put the appropriate doses of insulin to the portions that as asAnd how do you learn?Well, testing, proof and error, measuring glucose and correcting when I run away.
I am a healthy person, with cholesterol and the low, thin voltage, so I don't have to do any diet ....: Mrgreen:.This is what I have done for 9 years that I debuted and I am not doing so badly.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/15/2009 noon

I agree with Prado.
Based on trial-error, each one learns how many insulin units needs for hydrates.Thus, you can afford that chocolate donut and whatever you want.Of course, you need ultra -grape insulin for the intakes, if not, Chungo.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/15/2009 12:04 p.m.

Hi Miguel Angel, I like the subject, "pass" or "not pass"?Well, I put it in quotes because it should be said rather, what is going on?
During my type 2 era, which included a Christmas, I didn't happen anything at all, but nothing at all ... except that those Christmas I had good Zamparme two (2) Trocitos of nougat of Jijona (the soft, and with sugar), with sugar),One on 24, and the other on 31. Of course, with much ... well no, fear no, I simply decided that if I was not going to be able to do that "excess" a couple of days a year, perhaps we would have to rethink many things.Anyway, I didn't die.
Then came to discover that it was type 1, the passage to insulinas, the tests on my body, the pump, the continuous meter ... and now let's say that, although with measurement and measure (never better), "I pass" enough.
I understand, since you do not have the fast insulin prescribed and also you have not yet had time to learn about your body, your case would be closer to those first Christmas of mine than to my current Christmas.However, and I'm going to the point:
-First, be very patient and pleasant with all those people who, as you say, with their best intentions, encourage you to make excesses.But no case ... come on, like when the bank wishes you happy new year.
-Second, plant it as you have to learn how your body behaves, that is, that this type 1 diabetes is much to learn, and that it is known, you have to learn what happens when we make intake of fast hydrates with quantity of fatsNo?.So, you make the intake as dessert (small nougat piece of the best you find) and measure yourself at the time and at two hours.Write down the results and check the differences with respect to whether you had eaten an apple ... something you have already learned.And this same test can be repeated several times (not many), either stopping half of the bread, taking a walk in the afternoon ... or whatever you can think of.
What tells you is to happen?No (without addition to the "no")

By the way, my mother was also type 2, I had no idea of ​​diabetes and followed the regime to Rajataba.However, he died with cancer and Alzehimer and perfect glycemia.That's how fucking this life.

Greetings

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
12/15/2009 12:22 p.m.

Hi ZXA09:

For me they will also be diabetic Christmas, I have type 2 and I take metformin, the glycemia go from cinema, the truth is that it does not happen to me, except for a Madrid cooked that I took the other day to accompany my husband in the contest.The Christmas Eve will pass it away from home and I don't know what they will put to dinner, I know very well what I should not take and I will not, from the sweet I have always passed, then there is no problem, which I do not take from my head are the grapes are the grapesOn the 31st, I will have to replace them with fateful olives, I will ensure that they are small and without hahahaha

You have advantage that you use insulin, especially the rapid.

Greetings

Nube's profile photo
Nube
12/15/2009 2:37 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

I expose my point of view for type 2 (which Prado has already explained perfectly the type 1).
Or rather we would say "insulinar undergoes" :))

A characteristic of Christmas dinners and foods (in addition that they are usually in family) is that they are usually planned with time and what is going to have been known.
My proposal is to compare a normal dinner with that Christmas dinner (or New Year's Eve.

Count the carbohydrates that are eaten at a normal meal and plan the same number of carbohydrates in Christmas food.

We start from:
- Everything that nothing, runs or flies does not rise glycemia .... that is proteins ... that is meats, fish, shellfish, egg.
- Everything that is born from Earth (plus milk) Yes, glycemia goes up ... that is, carbohydrates ... that is flour, pasta, rice, fruits, vegetables ... vegetables ...

Normally Christmas dinners are usually based on turkey, shellfish, lamb ... all proteins and almost no hydrates.
So that the hydrates can consume them, in moderation, through nougat, dusts ... and the 12 grapes, equivalent to a medium apple or 300 g of melon.
The advantage is that in the nougat we can see very well the amounts of hydrates per gram (in the box he puts it) ... unless he is homemade.

As I almost always recommend this page: Link ... ion/05.htm

And a fundamental part ... day 25, day 26 and January 1 ... walk a lot, exercise and burn fat and glycemias ...

DiabetesForo
12/15/2009 3:29 p.m.

Owash happens to me that if I exceed the consumption of proteins, especially meat, glymia rises a lot but not immediately if not from 4 or 5 hours of having eaten and I always have to correct.

DiabetesForo
12/16/2009 3:26 a.m.

Hi Prado

Normal, if you eat the whole rib of fostershollywood :)););

Well, more seriously, my theory is this:
If you eat proteins without hydrates (or with very few) you decrease the amount of nutrients that the organism needs ... GiveHence the glycemia rise.

We also have to keep in mind that we almost always eat proteins, we usually do it together with a considerable amount of fats ... so proteins+fats = delay rise glycemia ... and therefore less efficacy of the calculated insulin bolus.Lower efficiency for a time elapsed. I mean.

But come on, this is theory ... I don't know practice: mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
12/16/2009 3:48 a.m.

:)) :)) :)) :)) ... that no, not, that as little hahahaa late glycemia rise ...

DiabetesForo
12/16/2009 4:04 a.m.

Well, I am with meadow ... in this house the roasts (usually cooked in an oven almost exclusively with a little olive oil) from chicken to the lamb produce a post post post ... well, if I have toBeing fair, not ... I no longer catch us in surprise and cut for the healthy ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2009 4:14 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

And speaking of the subject, a gauge of Fede Fed at Christmas Diabetes Type 2.attention...
Anyway, I put something that surely interests both type 2 and those in front of their first Christmas:

First dishes: in some Christmas meals the 1st is usually replaced.Plato for others with low contribution of HC, S, such as hors d'oeuvres or seafood.To maintain the amount of HC, S could add in these cases a portion of bread of about 50-60 gr.or one or two portions of extra dessert, which we show in the picture (the picture is what I have put down with the equivalences of Christmas products).

Second dishes: its HC content, S is low, but it is still recommended not to abuse those foods very rich in fat and moderate the amounts.

Desserts and bread.In the days of celebration, you can replace the HC, s that contains the fruit or bread, with some portion of typical Christmas desserts.

1 piece of medium fruit or each portion of bread (30 gr.) of the usual food/dinner can be replaced by

- 1 nougat portion of 25 gr.(1/8 of a tablet)
- 1 portion of 40 gr.(3 fingers) of nougat based on polyalcohols*
- 1 polvorón or mantecado
- 12 New Year's Eve
- 1 Bombón
- 2 figs or 3 dried plums
- 2 Mazapanes
- 2-3 Roscón de Reyes fingers

* Products elaborated based on Polialcohols or Polioles manage to reduce their HC contribution by 50%.

By the way zxa09, there are some mini donuts, which contribute 1 ration of HC, S (equivalent to 20 grms. Of bread) .... They are not easy to find but I buy them from Angela once again and any passagethat I zampo that the Donuts Recordeos deprive me ...;)

Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2009 7:28 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I have sneaked into, the donut that I put before is the classic, mini .... I put the nutritional values ​​of chocolate:

chocolate donut

Calories calories: 500 kcalories/ 100 gr
Protein proteins: 3.7 gr/ 100 gr
Fat fats: 32 gr/ 100 gr
Carbohydrates carbohydrates: 43 gr/ 100 gr
Glycemic Index Glycemic Index (IG): 75

For every 100 grams 4 portions, I have no idea how much a donut of that can weigh, but it is a matter of doing some other calculation.

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2009 7:41 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Sweet Christmas, Christmas sweets:

DiabetesForo
12/16/2009 9:18 a.m.

Thank you very much Compis, I will print the information you put, little by little I will learn.

Thanks to everyone.!Merry christmas

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
12/16/2009 3:27 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Owash said:
I expose my point of view for type 2 (which Prado has already perfectly explained what type 1).
Or rather we would say "insulinar undergoes" :))

A characteristic of Christmas dinners and foods (in addition that they are usually in family) is that they are usually planned with time and what is going to have been known.
My proposal is to compare a normal dinner with that Christmas dinner (or New Year's Eve.

Count the carbohydrates that are eaten at a normal meal and plan the same number of carbohydrates in Christmas food.

We start from:
- Everything that nothing, runs or flies does not rise glycemia .... that is proteins ... that is meats, fish, shellfish, egg.
- Everything that is born from Earth (plus milk) Yes, glycemia goes up ... that is, carbohydrates ... that is flour, pasta, rice, fruits, vegetables ... vegetables ...

Normally Christmas dinners are usually based on turkey, shellfish, lamb ... all proteins and almost no hydrates.
So that the hydrates can consume them, in moderation, through nougat, dusts ... and the 12 grapes, equivalent to a medium apple or 300 g of melon.
The advantage is that in the nougat we can see very well the amounts of hydrates per gram (in the box he puts it) ... unless he is homemade.

As I almost always recommend this page: Link ... ion/05.htm

And a fundamental part ... day 25, day 26 and day January ... walk a lot, exercise and burn fat and glycemias ...

Where it puts food composition table, where the table is, I do not know if the Kcal and Carbohydrates are per 100 grams or per gram.Although I don't know how many carbohydrates can be eaten as a maximum.I do not find out with the tables these.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/08/2016 11:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.