Before or after?

Ana Poppe's profile photo   12/16/2009 8:24 a.m.

Hello,

I know it is better to change catheter on the day before at night in case something happens with the catheter or the pump and sleeping you do not realize.My question is ... Can I change the catheter before or after meals?I know that it may sound silly but it is that with the little experience that I have the truth is that all are dilemmas :)) And if it doesn't matter before you can give me an idea of ​​when you come better to each of you?Thank you.

Greetings.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
12/16/2009 8:24 a.m.

Anapp

Hello Ana, what you raise ... we make the change later.Thus we avoid a great hyperglycemia in case the catheter does not work and we find the corresponding HCs, S corresponding ...
On the other hand it is better to take advantage of when it is low or in Normaglycemia for change.We have noticed that when we are with hyper and we change the catheter, it takes longer to get normal.
Saldudos.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2009 9:37 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia, today I changed it after eating because I did it before or at 5 pm.I like your argument and from today I will opt for that option, change it to eat or when my glycemias are as normal, all this did not know it: d.
Thanks for the prompt response.

Ana Poppe
12/16/2009 9:46 a.m.

Anapp

Well, I always change it before dinner, after the shower because the skin softens with the shower and hurts less.I usually do it after running so I'm always short of blood glucose.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/16/2009 10:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The problem, Prado would occur if the new catheter does not work.If you eat, I don't know how many rations you will have dinner, but Angela is approximately 6, and the theme does not chuta, imagine where we put ourselves ... does not free us from the Hi or the most pintao, which unfortunately we have already checked .....If the catheter does not work in an intermediate section you can have a hyper but I don't think more than two hundred and peak ... I don't know ...

Another thing we usually do, when the old catheter is working well before the change, we leave it until we verify that the old man works correctly.So if you have to run and the new one is not useful, you can connect to the old man again, baro the cannula with 0.3-0.4 units and put the correction with this .... yes, do not forget later to remove it, which once was AngelaA couple of days with the 2: Shock ::-/:-/, hahahaha.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/17/2009 4:07 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

These "tricks" are valuable, thanks Velia and Prado;)

Ana Poppe
12/19/2009 3:34 a.m.

Anapp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.