S/Glaumeters

Borgia's profile photo   12/18/2009 6:42 a.m.

I would like to know what percentage of accuracy can be expected from measurements made with a glauometer for family use and if the inaccuracy that may exist would be noticed in all shots equally or could vary between them.

Thank you very much and Salu2.

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
12/18/2009 6:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Borgia.

Except breakdowns, glucometers are quite reliable.
I ignore the error range they may have, but I think it does not exceed 10%.

It is convenient to calibrate them periodically and, in case of doubt, compare the results with the medical consultation measurements.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/18/2009 8:27 a.m.

Welcome "Borgia.
Well, I have ruled out a couple of glucometers for having detected considerably different figures with the same drop, the same gluco and the same time (difference of up to 100 mg) ... The 2 have been from Bayer.
The rest seem quite reliable, although you have to be careful to measure well, that the drop between correctly, since there are many who take the sample as correct and yet the amount of blood is insufficient giving different figures from those you have .... I explain, if the blood does not enter properly you can find that the gluco shows you values ​​of up to 50 below the figure you really have ... saving this appreciation, they are usually quite reliable, as a margin of a margin saysError of +/- 10%.... If it helps you the most reliable at home it is the opium xceed, for its sitenma (slow, yes) of suction of the drop of blood ... butThere are others who need less sample .... that is already in pleasure ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/18/2009 9:58 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Alea and Velia for your answers.
Now I have the matter a little clearer.

Cordial greetings from Gran Canaria.

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
12/18/2009 11:08 a.m.

Clarify that not all glucometers measure the same;Yes, they measure a droplet of blood, but they do not analyze exactly the same element ... so there is no reason to compare 2 glucometers ... although in the end, the figures should be similar in all

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/19/2009 5:40 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.