Hi, I'm new here

rocio's profile photo   12/20/2009 6:23 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am new for the forum with diabetes I have not been controlled for 9 months or I think I think the last time I went to the educator I was fine but I also told me that I will prick before and thenOf all the meals is the most normal? I now only click before dinner and after dinner two different insulins, you know how many different insulins ay? Greetings and thanks

rocio's profile photo
rocio
12/20/2009 6:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Rocío.

At the beginning it is difficult to find an adequate pattern, because you will surely be what we call "honeymoon" and your pancreas still launches the occasional chute of the insulin that remains of reservation.

There are several types of insulin, although the most frequent thing is to use an ultrasty as basal (Lantus, Levemir ...) and an ultra -grape for meals (Humalog, Novorapid, Apidra ...)

Do not worry that they will adjust the doses as you need.In addition, you will see how your body works and how to modify the guidelines as you need.

Tell us more things, what insulin do you use, how your controls go ..., and do not cut yourself, raise all your doubts, that we are here to help us.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/20/2009 8:37 a.m.

Hi Rocio:

Welcome to the forum, here you will find people who know a lot about this and are always willing to help.

I hope you are comfortable among us.

Merry christmas

All the best,

Cloud: p

Nube's profile photo
Nube
12/20/2009 2:11 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Hello, then I use the lantus and the novorapid law by the forum that the lantus produces cancer? Or can it produce it? And you know how long the pancreas can be even producing something of insulin? Or do each body?M LOW MUX BEFORE DURANT THE MÑN MUXO MUXO AND TO THE NOXE TO EVERCan you eat? Because the grapes t rise, no? Hehehe sq are my first Christmas like that and always took the grapes: D: D Merry Christmas and thanks again :)

rocio's profile photo
rocio
12/20/2009 4:37 p.m.

Hi Rocio,

I am also new here ... Welcome!
Well, I am not scientifically, and I cannot show you that insulin produces cancer, but I have been insulin for 20 years and (let's cross my fingers) I don't have a cancer.I have used many insulins throughout this time and no, in my case they have not produced cancer.
The "honeymoon" lasted me almost a year, I think it depends on each person.If more or less now you know when you get off and when you get more up, I recommend you try to move or do a little exercise to lower it.Come on if you know that it goes up before dinner, try an hour before being more active, taking a walk, etc ... Check it to see how you are doing, because each person works different things.It also depends on how much it goes up, you have to experience a little.
First of all, much encouragement and not despair.

All the best

Lola

lola's profile photo
lola
12/21/2009 3:53 a.m.

Welcome Rocío !!!
The most common treatment is to have a basal insulin that covers 24 hours a day and an ultra -grade insulin that covers the intakes ... but you will not have to click before and after each meal, woman, except you have to correct some hyperglycemia.... However, when you are a little more familiar with the subject, you may think of the insulin pump, which for me, of course, is the best means of control the diabetes today ... if you are interested in theTheme, take on a bomas thread viewation.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/21/2009 4:37 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Rocio
A few months ago, news said that the lantus produced cancer but it has not been confirmed ... the study that was done was not a doctor-scientific but that it was limited to studying what had died or ill a lot of people in several countries in several countriesof Europe .... The conclusion, today, is that except evidence against it is presented in the future, the lantus does not cause cancer.

Assuming that you are type 1, the pancreas reserves will be greater or lower depending on whether the diagnosis of diabetes has been very at the beginning or very at the end ... normally with glycosylated hemoglobins greater than 12-13% the reserves are very low.

Yes, seafood alone does not raise blood glucose ...
12 grapes is an example of fruit ration that we can take those with diabetes.
Basically, the trick is knowing how to combine the carbohydrates you eat with the insulin you get.

DiabetesForo
12/24/2009 2:46 a.m.

Hi Owash then you can eat the grapes or equal DPende d each person to me the truth that does not like many but I always eaten them at the end of the year as to insulin every time I go to the endocrine m change the dose now I am now2 of Novorapid and 18 of Lantus for the noxe alone, when they were diabetics I think it was 14%or that of that 8 months and now and dropped to 7%, I don't know the endocrine m djo q was enough but we are goingWhat does not even controlled the insulin that I have to put even even I imagine that that is changing continuously or not?A health

rocio's profile photo
rocio
12/26/2009 5:42 p.m.

You can eat the grapes quietly (12?Quito de las Pepitas and the skin almost neither as grape :))

Fast insulin must vary every day depending on what you eat ... Little by little you will be caught by the trick.

DiabetesForo
12/27/2009 5:24 a.m.

It is therefore how I will see how hehehe if I always eat only the 12 grapes in the rooms I usually start the 12 grapes that do not give time hehehe, and that varies the insulin t says the doctor who varies the varies youOr can you approach it? Sq the doctor did not say anything of that vary the insulin in function of what is going to eat, the same is because I am starting I still do not give my thing to increase it so that I can happen to me.What are you diabetic?Greetings and thanks

rocio's profile photo
rocio
12/27/2009 9:01 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.