Considerable doubt

mherasa's profile photo   12/22/2009 10:56 a.m.

Hello everyone.My name is Marisa and it is the first time I enter this forum in the hope of finding answers.My father has been diabetic for 20 years, he is currently 68 years old, good general health, athlete (almost elite :)), takes care of his diet and takes his medication as indicated.Even so, for two analyzes (September and December), its blood glucose has been increasing by 247 and 350 respectively in two analyzes.It also gives that in this process the medication has been changed each time to the result of each analysis.He previously took the Dianben and was controlling even that he had disappeared, until he was changed to the metformin that was the result of 247 and as a result of this they changed others that he has given him the reading of 350 now in the analyzesof December 14.It was yesterday to consultation for the results and met the little machine to get insulin and has changed the medication to metformin (1 in the morning, 1 for noon) and insulin (20 units) before dinner.It could be that this was caused by the change of medication.Can you do something else to not reach insulin (for the moment)?I know that the emotional states alter the result and gave the chance that in the latter I was very worried about the health of my 2 -year -old son.I do not know that I am looking for a remedy, or that someone tells me what we are to do if looking for another opinion ..... Socorro !!!!!Happy parties to everyone.

mherasa's profile photo
mherasa
12/22/2009 10:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Marisa:
How many times your glucose is measured to your father?Because a single sporadic measurement does not indicate anything or very little.If you have changed the medication I suppose you will need a time to adjust but for that it is essential to measure the glucose several times a day.And you are not afraid of insulin, sooner or later it will end up needing it and surely the quality of life will improve considerably.

A kiss

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/22/2009 11:34 a.m.

Now nothing is measured since yesterday they gave him the machine.I have told her that she goes to the pharmacy tomorrow and look at her on an empty stomach and if she is below 220 that talks to the doctor to have put the pills she took 6 months ago.

Thank you

mherasa's profile photo
mherasa
12/22/2009 11:39 a.m.

Well, if you have the glucometer measured at home, they have not given you some guidelines to measure until you adjust the medication ????? .....

DiabetesForo
12/22/2009 11:45 a.m.

He told him to begin to put the insulin (20 units) at night before dinner from January 5 to 10th. That he takes reading of the glucose that comes out after the supply of insulin and that theJanuary 11 go to consultation to look at the results.

The problem is that with the people I speak, they tell me their experiences that have not been satisfactory at all: some say that when insulin begins to apply, you can no longer leave for pills.Others who do not put it at night because it can give it a glycemic coma and die ... well, everything and my mother, sister and I are that we do not live because this is very large.What is true that if on December 14 he came 350 of blood glucose and yesterday 219 comes out (with the shot that took the endocrine to teach him how the Tomas machine is going) is that there is something that is not right butI don't think it's like putting insulin.There is a lot of difference between one value and another in just 8 days.

Thank you

mherasa's profile photo
mherasa
12/22/2009 11:59 a.m.

Hello Marisa

Let's see, blood glucose values ​​vary greatly from one day to another and within the same day.
Glycemia varies depending on what you eat (glycemia rises), the exercise that is done (low) and drugs (usually help control blood glucose).

If the glycemia you put are fasting, they are quite high values.

Dianben and metformin is the same, Dianben is the commercial brand and metformin is the component.

It is possible that it is a time putting insulin and then returns to the pills. I know several similar cases.

It is important to ask the doctors and nurses who attend you, you cannot get out of the consultation with doubts about the head.

DiabetesForo
12/22/2009 1:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.