With good control should I venture?

Luigi's profile photo   12/27/2009 1:49 p.m.

Hello everyone, I have been considering it for a while despite the fact that I have good control (5,3) with Lantus and Apidra, yes, I consider that for this I have to observe the trend and anticipate, I need many controls, from 10 to 12Diaries, fraction of the Apidra doses depends on what eats or ceases up to 3 times to avoid possible hypos or hyper, which I do not always get hehe, and I believe in the end that because of my way of carrying diabetes everything would be moreSimple with a bomb, but I would not have that of having it all day with me, I do a lotCarpenteria) makes it practically use the whole body to work, where I would put it so that I did not bother me or not hit it, also to sleep and when having relationships ...., I do not in summary I have a very physically active life andI am afraid that then the bomb limits me, everything would be to try it suppose ... well to have if someone tells things that clarify the doubts that I understand that you all have before taking the step, ah I forgot! All the pumps useThe same type of insulin? If those offered by the social community (Balearic Islands) I didn't like to buy one and then they finance the insulin right? Greetings and happy holidays!

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
12/27/2009 1:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Luigi,

I lived a few years in Mallorca and thought about getting the bomb but I wasn't lucky, they denied it several times.It's all about fighting her.: Twisted:

The pump does not carry a needle attached to the body (which is what most impresses), carries a small plastic canulilla or some similar material and is flexible, mine measures 9mm to get an idea.This canulilla is introduced into the body through a puncture with a needle that is made every three or four days.Nothing hurts.

My experience after almost three weeks with the bomb is improving a lot, at first, as the majority sure, it was hard for me to get used to it but now I am going well: d.I have always needed "sleeping in my width" and the first nights I gave me a lot of respect to move in bed with the bomb, it is the worst thing I have taken haha ​​but these last nights I almost don't even realize.

All the best.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
12/27/2009 4:15 p.m.

Anapp

Hi Luigi:
The pump must be prescribed by your endocrine, if he considers that with that control you do not need it because you will have it difficult.
To have a hemo like yours, it is normal that enough controls mustDiaries, before carrying it and having the same hemo made me 4 daily controls.
The bomb gives you quality of life, nothing bothers whatever your physical activity but it is not the panacea.If they give you the opportunity to test with her, you can always return to the bowling if it does not convince you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/28/2009 3:31 a.m.

Luigi, you don't need a bomb.
No one will put you in a bomb program, as it is only prescribed in case of failure with multidosis therapy with insulin feathers or inadvertent hypos.Your hem is perfect (even too low in the judgment of any endocrine, 6% lowering it only increases the risk of severe hypoglycemia and does not reduce the risk of complications).If you have a day to day with a correct quality of life, you do not need a bomb.Only if for your work, schedules or any other cause, feathers therapy will be too complicated to carry out, you might think about the bomb.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/28/2009 5:16 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

To get the bomb I would not have problems, I have a good relationship with my endocrine and it was herself who told me that I really did not need but I wanted to try ... you are right that by hemo I would not need it but it is that once surpassedThe adaptation phase to the pump has to be wonderful, in addition, it is the most therapeutic treatment that there is, on the other hand I know myself quite well with this treatment and apart from those days where the logic of glucose abandons us (you already know ..But as it can be if I did and ate the same as yesterday !!!Happy really would be with the Dexcom or something similar, I have also sent an email to Novalab Gondrullo, to tanthe to see what they tell me ... if they tell me something clear

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
12/28/2009 5:56 a.m.

Look where I have given me to look at the mail and I have already answered those of the Dexcom, it has confirmed that the use of the sensor must be uninterrupted since the intermittent use of the same would not extend its life once ignited, wing!On the ground the principle of idea that had formed in my head, which was to use it when it is more difficult to control, I mean when I break the routine, weekends or trips and then take it off and keep it for another occasion because ........320 per month is a lot.

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
12/28/2009 6:51 a.m.

The prescription of the pump depends in many cases on the endocrine, here we have Prado that with a magnificent control with bolis, he has bomb since 2005, I believe ....
As Prado tells you, wearing a bomb is completely reversible, if you do not "adapt" you can return to your previous treatment, after all it is a loan that is made ...
Of course you are going to save those 6-7 Insu punctures that you make up to date, you do not imagine how dual or square bolus works (which is similar to what you are doing manually now) ... and of courseYou can do sports and physical jobs with her, you must look for the place where you "hind up" less.I do not know if your daily activity can be compared to that of a child who does everything (Angela has been since 7 years and has not stopped doing any activity for having a bomb, the most significant are those sites that are with mats, pools ofBalls, slides, etc., where they get up for hours to go up and down, and to sleep, my daughter and my husband sleep like lirones, even for me it is an inconvenience to have the bomb around the bed :)) ... withRegarding intimate relationships, it is as simple as disconnecting it from the body ...
As I do not carry it, I cannot tell you about the psychological sensation of being connected to a machine to the holy day, but come on, my daughter forgot at the 2 hours of carrying her, it is like a part of her body, the sameI say by Juan Luis .... With regard to disconnection, pain should not be felt because in so many years of use I have not felt a complaint for that reason, as Ana Poppe tells you, it is not a needle but a cannula6 or 9 mm.of flexible teflon what is inserted subcutaneously ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/29/2009 6:45 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I forgot, with good control, I ventured ...
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/29/2009 6:46 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi Luigi!We live in Mallorca, I don't know if you would have to come here to put on the bomb, are you in Ibiza, right?If your endocrine has offered it to you, I would not hesitate, try it, you are always in time to go back.You can ask for the Medtronic bomb, here they do not think you have any problem, and so you can pay the continuous meter of Medtronic.
Ah! As for the uninterrupted use of the meter, my son carries the minilik) told me that the more use was "died" the transmitter and therefore before letting 1000 Euracos release, they told me that I lasted between year/year and yearMedium, which depended on the use and care you had of it, you used only three weeks at least lasts a little more than if you use it continuously.I don't know if Velia and Juan Luis told them the same.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/06/2010 2:44 p.m.

They told us that 1 year at full performance and if you use it in a non -continuous way it would last longer.
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/08/2010 5:32 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi Luichi, I have already already swimming it among other sports, but a contact sport such as practicing is not recommended for the blows, I was praying tae kwon_do, before putting on the bomb I commented to the endo told me thatIf I had no fighting, I preferred the bomb and I am very happy, the tae kwon_do practices it at home or where I want but I do not combine or suffer from blows, I also consult it with a Korean 9 they give that I have the pleasure of meeting and told methat I knew how I approach and how to defend me: D
Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/15/2010 2:13 p.m.

I were you ventured.The pump not only helps for better control, but is much more practical than feathers.Once you get used to the notes, only when I whistle ... As for the place to place it is to try places, surely you find one that does not bother you for your work activity.In addition there are different sausages which would allow you to find the right place.A friend placed the pump in the swampy with a long catheter.I find him very uncomfortable there but she is doing very well.
You will tell us whether or not you adventure.

Greetings

lola's profile photo
lola
01/17/2010 10:46 a.m.

Hi Lola, what occasions do the bomb whip?I have been almost more than a month and has never been: shock: it's curiosity ...

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
01/17/2010 2:09 p.m.

Anapp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.