You can eat everything

rocio's profile photo   12/31/2009 2:56 p.m.

Hello, I have been with this for a short time (9 months and I am 24 years old) and I still have not extended the idea but good over time.I wanted to ask if you can eat all kinds of fish and meat because, how for example, tnera fillets or salmon m usually stop, I usually eat the same thing I am not a good cook like like that everything to the planx, TB when as ricem gives enough is due to the form of cooking it or why the rice always goes up more?
Happy year to all !!!!!!:)

rocio's profile photo
rocio
12/31/2009 2:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I believe that yes, that you can eat everything, but with limitations and whenever it is a balanced diet, according to the indications that you give your doctor.

The way of cooking and preparing food of course influences.

One thing that I recommend to not happen is to weigh food, because it has done very well.

Encouragement and happy year.

PEPE's profile photo
PEPE
01/01/2010 5:28 a.m.

Hi Rocío, I'm sorry I had not answered before .... Do you know the diet for portions?, In principle it may seem like a roll to calculate the HC, s of each food and such, but it is very practical to know the amount of insulin you have toput on each meal.You must take into account the amount of hydrates, the fat they contain, the glycemic index of each food ... fortunately, the products of the market that are incorporating into the nutritional values, the amount of HC, s per unit ofproduct, so many times it is not necessaryExample of roasted chicken), cause a glycemia rise especially from 3rd.Time of intake, that is, you measure yourself at 2 hours and you are fine, and a little later begins to climb ... (Prado and Owash will explain very well about the proteins, liver and the causes that causethat increased blood glucose).
Little by little you will take the reins of diabetes and see how you have a very normal life ...
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/05/2010 5:55 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello, nothing happens, I do not hurry because I do not hear from the diet by rations sq I m put the insulin that the endocrine does not put the one that I see that I need since I have no idea of ​​which I can need according to whatWhat eats the endocrine either I said that I put the one to see what it needs, it is normal to be that?Little food and m kedaba with ambre dond I can find the amounts of meals and the insulin that I need when they eat each food? Forgive for the discomfort but I am dmasiado green in all this thanks
all the best

rocio's profile photo
rocio
01/06/2010 6:05 p.m.

Hi Rocío:
For me there is one primary thing and it is to have independence in the management of diabetes, because whoever best knows what you need every day is yourself.After 9 months you should be making your own decisions, of course your endocrine or the educator should have given you clear guidelines.To know the insulin you need with each food or food there is no better way than the trial/error, measure the glucose and over time you learn, you know how they affect you.But it would be best for your doctor or nurse to explain the diet for portions.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/07/2010 3:32 a.m.

Hi Rocío, for you to get an idea, 1 glass of 200 ml of milk is 1 ration of carbohydrates.Like 2 Maria cookies, or 20 grams of bread .... Then I will look for a table of hydrates of the most common foods (it may seem difficult at the beginning, but as the quiet is limited is to sew and sing) .... If you know the amount of hydrates you take and the amount of insulin that you put for those hydrates you will already know the amount of insulin you need by ration, it will be very easy for you to know how much insulin you have to put on if you take something more than the scheduled(I don't know if you are understanding me) ...
There are also food free of hydrates .... Let's go well and you have no added diseases (cholesterol, hypertension, etc ...) you don't have to stay hungry either ... anyway, it would be good that youYou will tell your doctor to see what you think.
Oh, and don't stay doubts, ask everything you can think of to see if we can help you.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/07/2010 10:59 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Rocío

Waiting for the diabetes educator to explain the diet for rations that have told you, I spend a website with a lot of information about the diet by portions and diabetes.
For many of us it is a kind of diabetes head book.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/09/2010 3:06 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.