I don't know what to do

chiqui's profile photo   01/10/2010 7:19 p.m.

Hi, I'm new in the forum but I've been leaving it for a long time.The fact is that 2 months ago I use a bomb because my hemo was very bad and no matter how insulin that I did not go down.The first days with a bomb was amazing because my controls did not go up 150 but at the same time everything returned to the same, now it did not lower me from 250-300 and to top it off I do not stop gaining weight.I don't know what to do because the more insulin I put on the more I get up and I am discouraged, the bomb has not helped me, I don't know what can be happening to me, if someone can help me I would appreciate it.

chiqui's profile photo
chiqui
01/10/2010 7:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Chiqui:
Tell us a little more about you to see if we can help you, what bomb do you use?What kind of catheter?I have been bomb for almost 5 years and I haven't fattened, do you have many hypoglycemia ????

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/11/2010 3:14 a.m.

Chiqui, welcome !!!!Being in such a situation is desperate, but surely there is some explanation for what happens to you .... Tell us more about your treatment, the bomb and others (come on, what Prado has already told you), and the thing about theVery important catheters, Celia Alea's daughter had a similar problem, and it was changed in the insertion zone and solved the subject quite a lot ...
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/11/2010 3:45 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello Prado and Velia, the first thanks for answering me and second enchanted to meet you.I explain a little more about my life.I am a diabetics for 20 years, I have almost always had the hem tall and I have tried everything.They have tested everything that if hypothyroidism, polyquisical ovary, high cortisone, high androgen hormones, insulin resistance, type I and II diabetes together ....... and doctors have not found anything definitive.They take me in Córdoba and in the last review the hemo had come back for more effort than I put.It is a vicious circle, that the glucose rises, I upload the insulin and the glucose rises.I have the fingers stored so much control.Total that seeing my effort and the little result I proposed to the endo that they put an infuser and he accepted very comfortable because he says that she was the ideal candidate, that thanks to my parents I have always been very formed in diabetes but what are they understand that they understand thathappens.Well, 2 months ago I started with the bomb and the first days great I couldn't even believe it, but after a while I went back to the same thing and I continue.Not like almost nothing to what an en rises and not having to put on so much insulin but nothing is still fattening.This is frustrating because I am 28 years old and I have been wanting to get pregnant and I see what time passes and that I will not be able to get it.I await your answer, greetings

chiqui's profile photo
chiqui
01/11/2010 7:04 a.m.

Hi Chiqui .... It occurs to me that if all the tests you have done are fine, the problem can be assimilated from insulin .... I don't know if you will rotate the injection/insertion zone ... where do you wearThe catheters?As I told you in the previous post, there are times that we have the area very crushed and the insulin does not enter ... you can try to change the area, try the buttocks, if you do not put them there, or in the areaLocated on top of the waist (they also usually go quite well), to see what happens ... and apart from this, I would contact the delegates of the brand of your bomb, in our case we have those of Medtronic,And I assure you that "always" they have served us greatly and have tried to find a solution to the incidents that have occurred to us in these years.
Keep telling ...
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/12/2010 4:14 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi Chiqui:
Have you tried to change insulin?
I tell you because a cousin of mine happened to him something similar and when changing insulin improved.

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
01/12/2010 5:49 p.m.

Hi Gema, telling you that I have already tried all the insulins and nothing with this last one is the one that goes best, thanks anyway for your advice.
Velia, I'm very happy to see that people like you are willing to help who needs it, last night I changed the insertion zone of the canula, following your advice and although I was very afraid because I have never punctured myself in that area, I put it on itIn the lumbar zone, but it is still early to advance events, we will see how it goes throughout the day, I will tell, and now I have to let you be in the work.
Greetings

chiqui's profile photo
chiqui
01/13/2010 4:23 a.m.

Hi, Chiqui.
As Velia told you, my daughter had the same problem.She rotated, but always in the abdominal zone.When we started putting the catheter in the buttock, the thing changed spectacularly.You will tell us how you are doing.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/13/2010 1:23 p.m.

Thank you for your comment, Chiqui ... the truth is that in this forum there are many people with the intention of helping ... is a luck, yes ...
You tell us to see how the change ... does not surprise me that I would be scared, but you have to try ... everything is for a better control ...
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/13/2010 4:56 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello Alea and Velia, because tell you that it seems that the thing is going a little better although I still have some peaks in the morning and I am thinking of climbing the basal of the night to have if it improves, it is more uncomfortable to take the canula in this area butWell I'll get used to it.Another thing that scares me is, for example, when sleeping, dropping on the canula or on the bomb, what do you think about this?

All the best

chiqui's profile photo
chiqui
01/14/2010 7:47 a.m.

Hi Chiqui, you will have to adjust the insulin a little .... I guess you will know, but just in case, if you are going to increase the basal, do it half an hour before you want you to take the effect.Clone regarding what you ask about sleeping on the catheter or the bomb, I do not think there is any problem, both Juan Luis, as Ángela put the catheters in the buttock and feel quietly, and they lie the same, and the same with thePump, do not hurry that nothing happens .... In any case, what you can do is block the keyboard, in order to be sure not to manipulate it when you are asleep ...
Come, it seems that you are on the right track.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/14/2010 9:37 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, I address to tell us more about how you handle yourself with the bomb, I correct myself when I am high, but with some calculations but I buelvo to subtract, I check the simple factor to the insulin that I have inThis moment, I check if the pump has bubbles, finally I change the whole equipment and or put the bolus with the bowl.: Oops:
I hope it helps you.: D
Health.: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
01/15/2010 1:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.