{'en': 'Diabetes and access to the Civil Guard', 'es': 'Diabetes y acceso a la Guardia Civil'} Image

Diabetes and access to the Civil Guard

spiderman's profile photo   01/18/2010 10:23 a.m.

Hello everyone!

I have a question about access to the Civil Guard, do you know if diabetes excludes such access?

In the medical table of exclusions it does not indicate "diabetes" anywhere, but specifies some characteristics such as:

- Diseases, physical defects or hereditary, constitutional or acquired anomalies that need some type of specific and/or long -term treatment, or suppose risk or rejection for social relations or coexistence within the body.

- Hyperglycemia greater than 110 mgr per 100.

There are also any more, does this exclude directly?

Thank you very much and I expect an answer since on the information phone of the Civil Guard they do not know.

Greetings,

spiderman's profile photo
spiderman
01/18/2010 10:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello

Today diabetes is the cause of exclusion in all state security forces and forces, as well as all municipal police.However, it is not a cause for retirement of the service.That is, once inside they cannot say goodbye.

- Endocrinomethabolic diseases, which produce morphological or functional alterations .... here they include diabetes, insurance (pancreas alteration)
- Hyperglycemia greater than 110 mg/dl ..... They are equivalent to a diagnosis of diabetes (despite the fact that an fasting test could be falsified, the verification of the C peptide would clearly give us a diagnosis or at least a suspicion)

I extract this from:

It is the appeal to an exclusion to Metro box office, a sentence on the Civil Guard and Diabetes is expressly mentioned, which leads me to think that there have already been resources before.

It is at point 12.

We cannot stop bringing here the STSJM dated November 11, 2000, the contentious-administrative room.This sentence clarifies points around how to assess the condition of diabetes in relation to the capacities and functions to be developed in the Civil Guard;Thus he tells us that what it is about is "to rule, from a medical point of view if the sequels suffered by the petitioner makes it impossible for any type of activity of his civil guard profession";In the same sense, it establishes that diabetes "is not a disease that determines automatic exclusion by mere condition but is required the observation and determination of its reach for it"

I have tried to locate the sentence but I have not been able to.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/18/2010 3:07 p.m.

Thank you very much for Owash information, although I don't understand what about:
"In the same sense, it establishes that diabetes" is not a disease that determines automatic exclusion by the mere condition but is required the observation and determination of its reach for it "

Does this mean that with a positive medical assessment it could be chosen?
When I call the Civil Guard information phone, the person who attended me did not know how to tell me if I could opt, but he told me that there were diabetics inside the body.She told me that in the exclusion medical table, "diabetes" is not referred to, therefore in the case that they did not give a diabeticI was not very reliable for the information they were giving me.
I have seen that for the National Police, if it is a cause for exclusion to suffer diabetes.
Another point that I do not see logical, is that if you are already a civil guard and diagnose diabetes, it is not a reason for expulsion, because in that case I would have to have the same right as those people who are already part of the body, since, with"Equal conditions", they do not allow me to perform those functions while the other person if (this does not mean that they expel those guards)

Personally I think that a well -controlled diabetic could correctly perform the functions of a civil guard or a policeman, and it would seem a great discrimination towards us, not allow us to opt, as long as we overcome the same tests as other people

spiderman's profile photo
spiderman
01/18/2010 6:02 p.m.

I suspect that the resource I point before, goes on the line that you argue.

The medical exclusions picture is ambiguous, does not clearly mention the name of diseases and is therefore subject to any interpretation.
Although being objectives, the definition of diabetes enters into those exclusions.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/19/2010 2:08 a.m.

The funny thing about the subject is that once you are inside you continue doing your functions exactly the same.Army is always going for years for society.

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
02/28/2010 5:59 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.