Alternative to the fingers?

Luigi's profile photo   01/20/2010 1:20 p.m.

Hello Foros/As, it turns out that yesterday I gave myself a relaxing bath in my bathtub and when I gave me to look at my fingers I was speechless with the state they are in, they need an urgent vacation ....

Do you know where could I click to give a break to my phalanges?With the same prick or would you need another or any accessory?
thank you so much.

Luigi's profile photo
Luigi
01/20/2010 1:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Get out this link:

Page 23 and following, read it carefully, especially the section of the variability of glycemia between fingers and arms.

I think I remember that Abbott also includes this possibility in its glucometers.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/20/2010 3:09 p.m.

For years I also punctuate the pillow of my hands (I don't know the technical name of that area), both outside and inside.I have proven that the difference in values ​​is almost null and that allows me to give rest to the fingers.

Anyway, if you want to give a real break to your fingers, I recommend the Pelikan Sun prick, which distributes in Spain Nova Lab Ibérica.In the association we have already bought a few and the people who have asked us are delighted.I have been testing it for a month and it is impressive.Perforas the fair, does not cause hemorrhage as mechanical pricks and is absolutely painless.It is especially suitable for children, but anyone who tries it will not be able to use a mechanical one.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/21/2010 4:26 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

The Pelikan Sun system right now they do not sell it, or at least it is what they have told me:

With a view to improving the product, the Pelikan Sun system has stopped to develop a new model.

The new model is not yet available and we have no unit for sale, so we cannot indicate price of the new Pelikan Sun system, nor supply an old pelikan system.

We regret not being able to offer you more information,

Receive a cordial greeting

Greetings to all

seraldi's profile photo
seraldi
01/28/2010 4:20 a.m.

Wow, first news that I have.But if they are going to get a version "2.0" I'm glad, because first of all, I imagine that it will be sensibly smaller in size, its main handicap.

We will be aware to see the new model.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/28/2010 10:07 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

The Pelikan Sun system at the moment they do not sell it, or at least it is what they have told me:

With a view to improving the product, the Pelikan Sun system has stopped to develop a new model.

The new model is not yet available and we have no unit for sale, so we cannot indicate price of the new Pelikan Sun system, nor supply an old pelikan system.

We regret not being able to offer you more information,

Receive a cordial greeting

Greetings to all

I have two pelikan Sun, my daughter used for just over the year and a half, until one day they tell us that it is over, that it is already impossible to find the albums, because it has closed the German factory and that of the United States ..... because as we know this diabetes is a great business ...

We have invested in the little machine, that in the street it cost you € 200 and taking it in the association cost you € 100, then each box of two discs € 8 and if you bought it outside I think there were € 13, I mean that these disbursements areThe least, because what matters to me is that my daughter did not have to suffer the pain on her finger, and it really is a shame, because the only inconvenience of Pelikán was the size, hurt nothing, and whenI say anything is nothing!

What they have done is not well, they have left us lying with a system that was fantastic and now it is no longer useful ... I removed Rome with Santiago, I moved a lot until I found a system that is doing very well to theGirl, she is the One Touch Comfort prick, little, like a ball, and has so fine lancets that do not hurt.The prick you give it to you in Lifescan, but the lancetas purchases in the pharmacy (a 50 launch box cost you € 7 and you have to commission them if they do not have them, but they are brought to you in any pharmacy)

All the best!

luna's profile photo
luna
09/13/2010 9:18 p.m.

Hello, have you tried the geentel?It is very good, I have been wearing it and it is wonderful.All the best

Juan Carlos Molina Valiente's profile photo
Juan Carlos Molina Valiente
01/02/2017 7:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.