Insulin level

margavega's profile photo   02/01/2010 10:54 a.m.

In my analysis I have an insulin level of 3.49.The reference values ​​are between 6-27.I have no diabetes.I also have low sugar.I can have between 60-70 and before eating or snacking 58. Can anyone tell me if it is very under that level of insulin and if you know what it may be due? Thank you.

margavega's profile photo
margavega
02/01/2010 10:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Are you talking about insulin or peptide levels C?

A measurement is not the same as another .... the insulin that naturally produces the body has a "life" of less than 6 minutes, while the C peptide has a life of more than 20 and can also be measured not soly inBlood but also in 24 -hour urine.

In any case, to interpret the levels of insulin or peptide C, you have to see them together with the glycemia appropriate or of a glucose overload or glycemia after a meal and see if the insulin level is correct for that amount ofGlucose (insulin resistance is usually measured in this way).

Theorically a low level of insulin (as is your case) is associated with diabetes but your glycemia are normal, and even low.

Could you have something to do with a hyperproteic diet and very low carbohydrates (ATKINS)?

In any case, consult a good endocrine and get you out of doubt.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/02/2010 1:20 p.m.

! What level

A kiss

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
02/02/2010 1:42 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Thank you very much for your answer.It is the insulin level.I don't follow any diet.I have always thought that having the low insulin was high glucose and on the contrary I do not understand that it has low insulin and glucose.I went to an endocrine before insulin analysis and told him the low blood sugar levels and ignored me.He told me that hypoglycemia had lower levels.Thank you again.

margavega
02/04/2010 2:29 p.m.

I said a good endocrine :))

No, seriously, it is normal that you have nothing ... but to get quieter a second medical opinion (and explain why you have those low levels of insulin and those low glycemia values).

58 of blood glucose is considered hypoglycemia (I at least consider it like that) would you not be pregnant by chance?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/05/2010 1:32 a.m.

I am not pregnant.Thank you very much for your help I will go to another endocrine.I also have no obesity.On the contrary.I have also tired and hungry for a long time.And I feel as a need to eat sweet.

margavega
02/05/2010 6:23 a.m.

Hello everyone.It is that this forum and theme is a few years ago, Margavega.I don't know if you have been able to clarify the reason to have insulin.I am waiting for consultation.And the case is similar, fasting glucose 90, after eating at 93- A fastWhy does that happen?No matter how much I have looked at anything clarifies ... Thank you..This are the ranges with which the laboratory of insulin measures 3.00.-25.00

ezama's profile photo
ezama
11/29/2016 4:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.