New in the 20 years of evolution (lipohipertrophy)

xiquillo71's profile photo   02/03/2010 4:22 a.m.

Hello to all the foreros:
First of all greet you all and thank you for your collaboration, since this benefits us all.
I have been diabetic for 20 years and I was struck that I have always been a thin 1.73cm and 64 kg weight, but for a couple of years I see myself like a Michelin, which is increasing.Yesterday the educator I attended for the 1st time told me that it was lipohhypertrophy, my question is as follows:
Someone else has been diagnosed and I could "get rid of it," he told me to stop injected into that area and begin to rotate more orderly, but apart from that that other advice can give me.
Well this is the first intervention, the forum, I wait for your answers, and be able to participate also in your if they can help you, ok?Greetings to all.

xiquillo71's profile photo
xiquillo71
02/03/2010 4:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Xiquillo.

I believe that what you call lipohhypertrophy is the same as we know as lipodystrophy (although etymologically the first means great and the second unequal).
If so, it is that the fat is enquista, probably due to repeated injections, and makes insulin not correctly absorbed.
The best solution is what they have given you: let that area rest and rotate the injection places.

Health and Welcome

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/03/2010 7:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.