Hello!!!

tica's profile photo   02/19/2010 7:16 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I don't know how to present myself ... I am 25 years old and I am diabetics since I was 3 years old.I have never done great follies with the sugar, although lately I am a little disorganized ... sometimes I forget to put insulin before the food, which I had never happened to me ... so I started feeling bad and when alreadyI look at the sugar I am 300 (and I worry about what can happen to me)

I have been insulin bomb for four years (it is recommended to everyone, although it seems ironic to have the obligation to take it always with great freedom in schedules and it is much easier to correct) and for a few weeks I have been the continuous meter of glucose(Dexcom), and although it works very well I did not get used to seeing sugar ups and downs, and it also produces a little stress.The other day I couldn't take it anymore and I had to turn it off, I hope it is a matter of getting used to it.

In addition to the theme and diabetes, I love sport: running, mountain crossings, ...

Well, don't roll up anymore, greeting everyone !!!

tica's profile photo
tica
02/19/2010 7:16 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Welcome to the Tica forum !!!
That happened to me the first months of life of my little one ... suddenly I remembered that I had not put insulin.Surely have a lot of stress.I solved it by putting alarms on the clock and mobile.To me who forgot was slow.I was so busy that I didn't even realize the time.

We are reading here, once again.Welcome to the forum.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/19/2010 7:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Tica ..... Surely with your experience you can give us a lot ...
I am also very fond of sports, running and the mountain, I am passionate about hiking ... and I am also "bomber" for 5 years and very happy: D

A kiss

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/19/2010 10:07 a.m.

Welcome to the forum, Tica !!! ... what bomb do you use? ... I understand that I see the alarms to let you know about the Bolus ... at least you have a bomb, that helps, if that happensWith Bolus, you would never know if you had put it or not .... come, to see if with a little effort you start focusing again, if it is normal, it is a long time and sometimes tiredness ... uffff.
Well, here you will have who sharing, sure ... for the moment, you already have Prado whose hobbies are similar to yours.
Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2010 11:01 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello,

I carry the Roche bomb, Acu-Chek Spirit, and I could schedule an alarm, so it does not help me to remind me of the Bolus, lastly I get better and I remember.

I have a doubt, to see if someone has happened to someone: I usually lift at 100 or 90, and I put four humalog units, breakfast 3 portions of hydrates and at the time or something I put 250 sugar.If I upload a unit and as the same, I have a hypoglycimia after breakfast, at half an hour or so.

Yesterday I got up with my stomach a bit weird, and breakfast just a tea, so I didn't put anything in insulin, and I realized that the sugar went up a bit (in all morning I went up 40, I went from 120 to160), so I have climbed 0.1 units the basal for four hours.But today again, at hour and a half to 270 sugar.I don't know what to do anymore, just the solution is not breakfast and wait halfway tomorrow to take something

tica's profile photo
tica
02/24/2010 6:17 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Good ethics,
I do not carry a bomb, but I imagine that the effect of HC can be the same if you carry it as if not.I think it would be interesting to know what type of HC Tomas, that is, it is not the same if those three portions are of an orange juice than of a glass of milk or a toast.Of course I am not Acurerdo to give up breakfast, unless you are from which you do not feel like breakfast until later.Another thing that I would try is to put the insulin half an hour before breakfast.Enough to do not have a hiccup time while breakfasts and that the climb is not abrupt.
But well, wait to see that they tell you that there are expert people here who know so much.
A kiss

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/24/2010 9:16 a.m.

Something similar happened to Mormita's son ... I told him to try to increase the basal before breakfast, at least 1 hour before so that when you start breakfast, do not time to the HC, s to hit the rush and at leastfor 1.5 hours .... the climb must be considerable.Try to put on the minor bolus (at least in the same number of you. That you have increased the basal ... and from there you wait a couple of days and see how it has gone ... thus going up orGoing down.
greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/24/2010 11:53 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Welcome Tica,
UF, you have been with this partner for some time.Surely your experience is very worth a lot.I hope to see you here often.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/24/2010 12:12 p.m.

Hi Tica, it happens to me exactly like you, but I still don't know what to do yet, because if I get the basal I arrive a little high at the time, if I upload it I have down, if I wear the Bolus beforeI don't have a lunch, but I have to have 1.50 out there, because if I'm fine 1.10 or so, I have safe down.So, I have to be adjusting the bomb daily ... I hope someone wise of the forum gives us a good solution: mrgreen:

paula's profile photo
paula
02/26/2010 5:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.