Food off regular

paula's profile photo   02/19/2010 10:15 a.m.

Please, I would like someone with more experience with the bomb than I (I carry it less than a month ago) advised me how23.00h, instead of at 9:00 p.m. (which would be my usual time).I had thought to take a ration of CH at 21.00, but I don't know if I should also put a bolus.I would like the answer to arrive before tonight (FEB 2010).Thank you very much in advance.:)

paula's profile photo
paula
02/19/2010 10:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Paula:
Everything depends, I already have the basal well adjusted and therefore I can eat or not eat, I do not lower my glucose so I have no fixed schedules.But if I were going down and I see that I do not arrive at 23 hours without eating anything, I would eat something, some cookie, a fruit .... something that keeps glymia.
And if on the contrary it was high would correct with any unit so that when it came to dinner it was as close to 100 possible.
That's what I would do ....: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/19/2010 10:27 a.m.

In principle, if you had well adjusted the basal you would not have to eat anything, except that you have a greater basal to cubate the dinner, which is what I do with Angela (increase the basal 1/2 hour before breakfast, food and dinner, so that the food does not rise abruptly) .... As you have the continuous meter you are looking at the glucose, in which case, you would take something or put a lower temporal basal basal (depending on whether the descent is not very abrupt) or up the glucose, in which case you would run with some insulin to get with a good figure to dinner.
Come, enjoy, you'll see that everything is going well ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2010 11:14 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks to both for your rapid answer.I have paid attention to you and I have put a temporary basal for 50% because I am observing a downward trend.I will tell you.Greetings.;)

paula's profile photo
paula
02/19/2010 2:58 p.m.

Hi Prado, thanks for your advice yesterday, but in the end I listened to Velia, because I still do not have it very stable and I am afraid of the descent: ((, I hope to have it like that. But well that does not take away thatI keep asking questions to guide me.
Well Velia, I thank you again, I have already answered you in the other forum :)).Kisses

paula's profile photo
paula
02/20/2010 11:49 a.m.

Mother, what mess of threads :)) :)) :)) :)) .... Well, the important thing is that you would have a good time, and if the glycemias did not detach much, better, than better ...
Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/21/2010 5:56 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Of course, Paula, here we all contribute based on our experience and you must decide what you do, but Velia knows a lot so surely you learn a lot :) and do not hesitate to ask any questions ....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/22/2010 3:43 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.