Obstructed catheter

mornita's profile photo   02/23/2010 5:40 p.m.

Hello!Yesterday afternoon we changed the catheter to my son, at dinner time I was 165 that is much higher than usual but well ... He had dinner and at half an hour I was 180 and two arrows uploading, after five minutes223 And going up, I put the insulin for the ancient catheter (I always leave the new and the old one for a few hours "cohabiting") low and as it was night we decided to give the "new" a chance, fatal, all night aroundThe 200. When changing the catheter, the canula was obstructed by a white pighty, what I do not understand is because the pump does not detect that obstruction, because the alarm of no infusion has not jumped?Has something similar happened to you?

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/23/2010 5:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, if it has happened to us and does not give not alarm of non -infusion, I think it is because some insulin happens, it is still one of the problems that I believe would not be so difficult to solve, but there it is.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/24/2010 4 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello:

It happens to me that when it is very obstructed, for example that it is bent or crooked, the bomb warns me that it cannot introduce the Bolus.
When a small amount passes, he doesn't let me either.If I have ever noticed that with a small 2 or 3 units bolus I did not give me error, but hours later with a larger bolus 8 or 9 I warned me that I was clogged.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/24/2010 4:34 a.m.

Of course, with a lot of quantity if you jump the alarm, but as my son is little we put him as you say 1 or 2 units at dinner, or 1 unit as much to correct.
What can that obstruction be due to?It is the first time that happens to us, the slightly folded catheter depends on which area is more common (by the way it does not detect anything grrrr)

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/24/2010 9:48 a.m.

Hello,
It has also happened to us once, with a droplet of blood and it is true, it does not warn at all and I believe, as Velia says, that something should happen, if not the high would be greater.
It must be that in insertion a more porous or in our case has been used, with some capillary.I say.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/24/2010 12:18 p.m.

Hello

I have a week and a half with I see it and the catheter has been struck down 3 times with the consequent climb.In none of the cases any alarm has jumped and that I have put with more than 300 and Cetona.They told me that it could be because I was carrying the childcare.The fact is that now they have changed me to 9 mm and when I have changed it today when I took it, I was a bit acoded.Yesterday and today I have been a little high but I had related it with the pre-regla period although I now have my doubts.Do you know why I could be so acoded .... ????It is that I am worried about the subject, the boy who carries the theme of the bombs has seen me how I put it on and supposedly I do nothing wrong ... can it be postural ????And why does it match the pants waist ?????The same thing happens to me ?????Anyway I hope not to be the only one although I worry that in such a short time they are giving me tams problems.By the way, you know someone how the cateters that are inclined and if that could be the solution ?????
I feel so many questions but as the theme of the bomb is for gestational motive I am worried that now I cannot put it for the happy cateters ........

virginia's profile photo
virginia
05/11/2010 11:22 a.m.

I carry the 6mm from the beginning, 5 years now and it never happened to me.Where do you put it on?Try to change your place, try not to at the height of the pants waista, in case you oppress you and if you do not solve the oblique.

DiabetesForo
05/11/2010 12:51 p.m.

Yes, it happened to me the same as Lola, I also realized when I went to administer a large bolus, and it was indeed because I obstruct my waist of the pants, now I wear low -walled pants, and I have not had any againproblem.

paula's profile photo
paula
05/11/2010 5:17 p.m.

Hello good,
Well, I have a somewhat more precarious question: oops: What is the cateter acode?

sweety's profile photo
sweety
05/13/2010 5:35 p.m.

Hi Sweete:

That the catheter is struck down is that it be doubled, it happened to me a lot but I think it is because I have put it quite low and when I sit and stay just at the height of the pants waista because in the end it has oppressed meAnd in the end it is ended up folding ......

virginia's profile photo
virginia
05/14/2010 5:43 a.m.

But the catheter or the canula?
Sorry, is that the catheter always caught my pants because I wear the shirt inside.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
05/14/2010 5:34 p.m.

I think it refers to the part that is inserted in our body.I believe, I can be wrong, that the cannula bends at the time of insertion, which once inserted can no longer bend, at least to me the only time I folded was to insert it and sometimes the belt has oppressed meFrom pants and the most that has happened to me is that it bothers me a little but it has not folded.

DiabetesForo
05/15/2010 8:23 a.m.

I also believe that the canulilla bends alone, sometimes, when you introduce it, although I always have this discussion with my boyfriend and he believes that it can also be folded with the movement or if you press with the pants belt, depending on how it is doneFrom such soft material you can easily bend.

lola's profile photo
lola
05/16/2010 9:21 a.m.

Hello everyone:

What is "folds" is the catheter that we have punctured, not the equipment of the equipment.At the time of puncturing it you cannot bend because inside it carries the needle with which we puncture it and then we remove so at that time it is impossible for us to double but once we remove the needle can be folded at any time.The educator has told me that if we throw unintentionally once placed, when the catheter returns to his place he may not do so for the same journey of the puncture so that since he does not have sufficient rigidity it could be easily folded.They can also influence the fold lines of the gut and the theme of the pants belt ... so they can also be the reason for me to bend by one of them.The truth is that on Saturday I had to change again and I still put it relatively high so since I do everything is great :))

virginia's profile photo
virginia
05/17/2010 1:46 p.m.

Hello good!!
First of all, thanks for the clarifications.I imagined it would be the cannula.Because the catheter is impossible not to bend.In the end.For now I think I have not had that problem.(We'll touch wood). But it's fine to know !!!
Kisses !!!!

sweety's profile photo
sweety
05/18/2010 5:30 p.m.

Hello everyone!I just landed in the forum.Not in the sugar, twenty years, or in the bomb, eight years already.I observe that many (are there more "many" than "many", right?) You have released the pump very recently.I just released the second because the first one was stripped of so many years of use.Now I carry the Paradigm of Medtronic.Before, 507.
That nobody can think about the possibility of removing the pump even if the catheter is doubled, take off when you bathe or sweat or because you do not find where to "hang it" while sleeping.There we have all passed.More than once you will find the bomb in your hand and eager to stamp it against the wall.Normal.Now we are many and we have means, such as this forum, to exchange opinions.When I started I had no one to ask for their experiences.It was hard for me to adapt but the results tell you that despite everything you have to continue.
And now we go with the problems.
One.-The catheter that bends.
Do not twist when you place it.Sure.As Virginia says, the catheter or cannula has a needle that introduces it totally straight.It folds later.When?The most common is that at any time, by accident or carelessness there is a “pull” of the tube that joins the catheter with the pump.That pull makes the catheter want to leave but the adhesive that holds it prevents it.But it does not prevent a catheter setback from taking place.There it bends.In that sway.I don't know if I have explained well.Solution: When the catheter is placed with its well -placed adhesive patch, leave the duct to the pump a little loose and four or five centimeters from the catheter hold the duct with elastic tape.In this way, when a pull occurs, it will not reach the catheter because the tape as crowd.Sometimes the cause is another.In my case, as I carry in my thigh, when I put my hand in my pocket "hook" without wanting and force it.
Later you will see that sometimes the catheter obstructs.If, as desire, you are fair or fair of fat, there will be not much problem.If at any time you are a bit "full", some accumulation of fat can obstruct it.Someone says it is left up to five days.It is not convenient.Three is fine.More days cause discomfort, irritations, inflammations and sometimes infections.
To the beach it is better not to take the bomb.It is a bass.Before leaving you put an extra puncture and it's over.The beach is supposed to be an excursion of two or three hours nothing more.
With summer and sweat, the adhesive patch is easily detached.Have you heard of the "Nobecuta"?It is an anherosol -shaped adhesive very useful to paste a patch to the skin.Try it.
And here I leave it.I don't want to get very heavy.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo
05/30/2010 1:45 p.m.

Welcome, veteran.
I find the explanation of why the cannulas are folded and how to avoid it.
This forum is a mine.

Well, that your experience will be very welcome.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/30/2010 1:56 p.m.

Thanks veteran for the tips, he continues, he continues to tell us, please.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/31/2010 3:32 a.m.

Thank you very much, veteran:

You always appreciate someone's experience with more tables.With respect to the Nobecután .... Of course I know and I would never have occurred to me so I will go to the pharmacy for him.I have made my first excursion to the beach and very well.I disconnected at an hour in point, I put my basal for that time and an alarm on my mobile for the next hour (so I do not spend time, that I am very clueless ...), meanwhile keep thePump in an insulating bag inside a beach neverita ....... and at the moment it worked perfectly ....... only a negative side ....... as I changed the equipment yesterdayAnd I use a bikini I have the mark of the adhesive circuit in the gut ....... ha ha ha

virginia's profile photo
virginia
05/31/2010 4:26 a.m.

Virginia, to great great remedies.Fashionable and use one of those modern adhesive tattoos to cover the puncture brand.Another remedy would be to use one of those swimsuits with legs and flyers ... but I think you would get the attention even more.In any case, and as Gongora said, "I walk hot and laugh people ..." Happy summer next!

DiabetesForo
05/31/2010 12:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.