Diabetes guide in Spain for diabetic foreigners

lola's profile photo   03/07/2010 4:47 a.m.

Hello everyone:

I am making a guide with practical information for foreigners with diabetes that go to Spain.Here I want to collect from bureaucratic information (thanks to those who have already helped me on this subject), medical and also linguistics (here I mean diabetes related to diabetes [eg: hypo, strips, etc.] and phrases [eg:"I need to eat", "I'm low", etc.]).

The guide is almost finished and I invite you to give me ideas to finish it.If something occurs to you or you have some idea, thanks for sharing it with me.
By the way, I do not receive any economic competition for this, I simply do it to make life easier for some diabetics.

Thank you so much.

lola's profile photo
lola
03/07/2010 4:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Before, Merck had a website where you could download diverse information:

But now you can't download, I don't know why ...

On this website you can download a PDF with a medical history format so that doctors (or whoever) ask the patient: www.fundacionndiabetes.org yes you haveTranslated his short film by Carol has diabetes, to several languages

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/07/2010 6:29 a.m.

But is the guide in Spanish?
If, give us an index, we can think of something that can be missing ... I don't know ... if not, I would think of so many things to put ...
By the way, it seems like a lame initiative ... very good ...
A kiss

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/07/2010 2:05 p.m.

It's great Lola!I wish in the rest of the countries they did the same ... Sweety is right, give us some index or something to know what is missing and so we can help you.Although the issue of bombs is occurring to me right now, do you also include it?

paula's profile photo
paula
03/07/2010 3:55 p.m.

Thank you very much for the Owash Links, as always your very good information.

The Lestá guide focused on both people who go on vacation and people who are going to live in Spain.It is in a foreign language and in it and including things like useful phrases, translations of material (glucosport, strips, catheter, ball, review, etc.) where to get the material, information about the SS, such as moving from mg/dl to mmol/l ...

I did it for a friend with a diabetic son who is going to live in Spain, but I found my endo very good idea to share it with other patients who are going to live in Spain or on vacation.I still have to organize the information a bit so if you have ideas ... welcome.

lola's profile photo
lola
03/08/2010 9:38 a.m.

Something has occurred to me!(The same is nonsense)
An identification in the language of the receiving country.That is, name, address, telephone, in case of emergency warn ... type diats ...

I'll keep thinking ...

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/08/2010 4:19 p.m.

That is a good Sweety, I hadn't thought about it, I'm going to add it.
Thank you so much

lola's profile photo
lola
03/08/2010 6:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.