renal failure by diabetes mellitus type 1

juanma.62's profile photo   03/18/2010 2:09 p.m.

Hello everyone I am very new in this diabetes, so that you understand me I will put a little in the background.
At the root of acute pancreatites, later derived in chronicles I had to submit to quite aggressive surgeons 1st a duodenopancreateratectomy cephalica to the whiple and 1 year later to a total residual pancreatomia, in the root of this last one it is diabetic now three years ago andHalf, I carry it quite well, but in this last revision of 03/15/2010 the endocrine I found a mild renal failure, the daily controls of sugar had them quite well but in the analirica they were quite bad, I sincerely do not understand it,I was with Novomix 30 Flex Pen and from 15 I gave me lantus soloostar 20 you at night and apidra solostar variable according to glucose
I would like to know if someone is in conditions similar to mine and if renal failure is normal.
All the best
Juan Manuel

juanma.62's profile photo
juanma.62
03/18/2010 2:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Juanma

The blood glucose control is more objectively measured with glycosylated hemoglobin (laboratory analysis) and presence/absence of hyper and hypos.Sometimes it does not match our measurements with the glucometer with blood analytics.

Mild renal failure is usually frequent in type 1 ... I know a couple of girls with 4-5 years of evolution to which microalbumin has been detected.

Your case is something complex.
I imagine that they will have advised you a very poor fat diet, because one of the complications of your operations is a slowing of gastric emptying ... which also conditions the choice of the most appropriate insulin.
The mix30 is difficult to control because it has prolonged action peaks and forces to be very aware of meals and glycemias ... although in your case it was not a bad choice, in my opinion.
If I were in your place, I would insist a lot to your doctor to change you to insulin Levemir ... even if you have to click 1 time.

In general, mild nephropathy with an improvement in glycemic control and antihypertensive drugs (if your case) has a good prognosis.

Greetings and welcome

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/18/2010 2:56 p.m.

Good Juanma.First welcome you to the forum.
Although you have already answered one of the ones who know the most for this forum, I just wanted to give you many spirits.
As Owash told you, sometimes the analysis with the controls we do do not coincide.That means that there are some peaks that you are not detecting with your hair controls.How many controls are you?Alomejor you must change the time of controls to other "less common" and detect where those peaks are.
To me the bad control of my diabetes affected me in sight ... but mine was a total lack of control.And yes, indeed, it can affect the kidney.But quiet, that if it is slight sure you can control it.Here we are what we can help you keep the sugar in its place and that does not reach more.A huge kiss and a lot of encouragement.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/18/2010 3:08 p.m.

Thank you for these lines of breath to both Owash and Sweety is encouraging that with the career you have you have it so clear, from my humble point of view, this disease is the worst thing there is, since you do not know aboutthat is consuming you inside.
Thanks for answering
Do you know any case of being without pancreas?
all the best

juanma.62
03/19/2010 6:53 a.m.

No, I personally do not remember knowing anyone who has removed the pancreas ...
I am not sure if the president of the Spanish Diabetics Federation was, I thought I read it in an interview but I have not been able to find it ...

Have you raised the pancreas transplant?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/19/2010 9:28 a.m.

Hello good!My uncle was removed from the pancreas following a motorcycle accident.But my other uncle says, which at that time ended medicine, which was already diabetic before the accident since it had obvious symptoms.We will never know.He has had many complications but anything has never been taken care of.I think that there is quite well to be careful.
All the best

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/22/2010 9:45 a.m.

Hello again and thanks for your advice,
I was never raised by the pancreas transplant, in part I suppose that from the 1st intervention I was very good until, where they cut the pancreas the scar was built and decided to remove everything, because in the long run the cysts would become cancer, toWhat you ask me at the hours I make the measurements, the endocrine sends me to look at it every day before meals, (breakfast, food and dinner) and one day a week 2 hours after each meal.
On the other hand, the low -fat diet has already carried it long before the interventions, when acute pancreatites began to give me
In 1999, but here the surprise when in this revision also detects me that I have high cholesterol, I really do not know what to think because in meals I take care of myself very much to drink fat, the meals most grilled,cooked potatoes, nothing fried .........
You have to start taking life with another philosophy, quieter, try not to overwhelm myself and enjoy what I have .......
A HEART GREETING
Juanma.

juanma.62
04/11/2010 10:08 a.m.

Hello, Juanma!
What glucosylated hemoglobin do you have?That is the one that will indicate more accurately the control you have, what is advised is that it is below 7. If you see that it is not so you will have to improve the control and can reverse the renal damage.
They seem few measurements after meals that the endocrine has recommended, because the reality is that an intensive control of diabetes is not achieved with less than 7 daily measurements.They will serve to know your sensitivity to insulin and food, correct quickly when you are high and adjust doses if you see that high values ​​are repeated at the same time.
What time do you put the Lantus?Do you wake up with good values?It is important that you take a control when you wake up to adjust the Lantus well.

Greetings and courage: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2010 12:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.