Hypoglycemia, continuous meter and children ...

mornita's profile photo   03/20/2010 5:24 p.m.

Hello!My son is four years old, I see her from Medtronic with the continuous meter, three months ago, and at this time I have noticed or at least it seems to me that there is less hypoglycemia, very little times she tells me I find me under, usually, usuallyHe comes and tells me: Mom sounds to me the bomb, I go down!But he is so normal, I understand that if he is in 70-80 he is not bad but it can be 50-60 and playing so quiet.I do not know what to think or trust the bomb will sound or before we were "blind" we had a lot of hypos that he did not notice.It may be that having the meter and the bomb now, we refine more and keeping it for a long time between 100-140, that makes it lose the "sensitivity" to the hypos.
Velia, Mani (I do not remember who has children with a meter) good and adults too, I would like to know your experience, because it is a topic that worries me a lot.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
03/20/2010 5:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I explain it by comparing it to go in a car.

If you go to 200 km/h and stop 70 ... It shows a barbarity.
If you go to 100 km/h and stop 70 ... it almost does not notice or show much less

If you also have the lujazo of the continuous meter that allows you to "trust" you a little more ... a possibility is to increase the limit for the sound warning: you check a trend and act accordingly ... Jo, said it seems easy;)

The only thing is to anticipate those periods of more risk with the hypos and controls ... a lot of movement or exercise, introduction of new meals ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/21/2010 4:44 p.m.

It is true what Owash says, Mornita, sometimes hypoglycemia is notanmucho due to the abruptness of the descent ... I have Angela marked the alarm owes in 85, so that he does not usually have hypos when he has the meter, we usually anticipate ourselvesThey ... Anyway like Angela does not take it continuously, I can assure you that when you don't have the minilink perfectly.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/22/2010 3:57 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you for your answers, we also have the limit in 85, the endocrine told us to put it in 90, but it sounds so much the alarm that drives you crazy hahaha!
I guess I'm afraid to depend so much on a "apparatus."

mornita's profile photo
mornita
03/22/2010 4:12 a.m.

Mainite if it serves as comfort we are the same, every two by three the happy "scheduled" low "and the child so campaign.Anyway I have to tell you that Nicolás also not notice us too many times when he did not have the meter, we detected it for the symptoms almost always, I do not know if he does not notice it or that sometimes he is so entertaining that he does not want to "Get confused. "Now with the meter I am sure that before we escaped a lot of hypos and that is why we have decided to buy it and use it every day, now it happens to me as I feel "insecure" if it does not carry the meter, it makes me angry to dependSo much but I see that it is the only alternative until he realizes.So we had to release the paste goose and make a little richer to those of Medtronic because for me it is an abuse what they charge for this device, they take advantage of the fact that most we buy it we do for our children, and mostThey are small, and as is the S.S.Especially here in the Valencian Community to wait until they finance it.
Ah, by the way, you commented that sometimes you had to insert it a little manually giving a "little push", Velia told you that they did not happen to them but sometimes we sometimes also suppose that it will be because being smaller they have less meat.In the end they have told us that the smallest needles are delayed by after summer and the sentry seems to wait so that to wait.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
04/03/2010 1:19 p.m.

It is true you get used to the meter and you no longer know how to be without it, it is expensive yes, but whenever one can and wants, the peace of mind is not paid, I have to take it out of other things but it compensates me.I also see that for now the S.S.But everything will arrive, the meter is a fundamental piece of the "future" bombs.
As for the new sensors, I have read in an American forum that they are currently trying, so it will be time to wait a little.I have not read anything from the Centinel, in fact some use an artisanal system of a micro connected to a computer.My son for now sleeps with us, I hope that when you want to go to their room they already find something, because at night I alone hear the alarm when it is the one that sounds like a siren.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/04/2010 1:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.