Doubts about the pump and summer

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/30/2010 8:58 a.m.

As I told you a little, they have granted the bomb to my daughter and supposedly after Holy Week they put it on, we are pending the appointment with the bomb representative and call us.But now that the moment is approaching and with the summer they enter a thousand doubts about the use of it.We and more concrete my daughter bathes every day in the pool and then apart we go to the beach.In the course we have done on the management of it, I think it is a mess to put it on and remove it and be pending time (one hour) that can be without it and without adjusting the bolus.I am not very linked, apart in April they enter one day to put it on and see how we handle and realize its basal at the beginning.I think we would be calmer without a bomb, I don't know, and put it on and September ????Is that now they put it on and July and August is a bit of mess noooo ????
I am very lidy, what do you think ???I need counselors ..... the breasts of children who have bombs ..... Thank you very muchssssssss

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/30/2010 8:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To us at the hospital they gave us a disconnection guideline for two hours, for four, for 6-8, and for 24 hours or more, and I give you the reason is a bit roll because you have to return again to the NPH (inour case) and if I did not control it before now after so many months ...
For my son it will also be the first summer with a bomb, so I also hope to read the experience of other mothers/fathers.Your message has made me think, I have to put the batteries because my son also carries the continuous glucose meter, we will see how we do, I have considered even spending what the pump bomb costs (I do not say the name is not going to be thatThey throw me 8) in order to avoid all the roll that comes to us and thus let the child bathe all the time he wants.
You might ask the endocrine if you can put lantus and the bolus of the meals with the pump, or if every two hours you can connect the pump the right thing to put a bolus corresponding to the basal of those two hours and then when it is on "Tierra Firme"Connect the pump as always.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/02/2010 5:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.