{'en': 'Hello', 'es': 'Hola'} Image

Hello

Name's profile photo   09/12/2024 12:43 a.m.

Hello, I was diagnosed at the end of May this year (31 years old), and since then I read you.

I feel very alone in this, many days I have to endure people telling me that it is not so much and that maybe I heal, and there are times that I feel that I can not, like today.

I would like to be able to talk to people who are in my situation, or simply someone who understands that I worry and put me serious if I am with bad values.As it is not a broken arm, people do not know what we carry inside.

I am exhausted to read and try to find things to see what the future not so distant, why I only have slow insulin, when I am going to get worse, if my values ​​are normal or I can improve them even if they are in a "normal diabetic" range... The endocrine/nurse gives me fair information as if I were a baby and it is exhausting to really try to know how things work.

Thanks in advance.

Name's profile photo
Name
09/12/2024 12:43 a.m.

DM1 mayo 2024 (31 años)
Toujeo 5uds

Hello and welcome!

I was dialyzed in July with 44 years and as you say, I have the feeling that everyone around me has importance, it is not that I want to go as a victim or seek to treat me different or the recognition of others, but ifThat is like most of us thought that everything is because of me for not being careful.Even the other day that mistakes me with insulin and I could have ended up perfectly, nobody around me worries, perhaps to see me calmly and cramming me with sugar.On the other hand, I also believe that it is many times our own subconscious, that it wants to indicate what others think without knowing it, we always put ourselves in the worst case, I also see that there is a lotassume that it has happened to you to abuse sweet and that if you stop eating it and do sports it will be solved ... Many dares, anything we are to help you.
At times like these, although the forum is a great help, made in less some type of WhatsApp or Telegram group, it would go well as support.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
09/12/2024 8:39 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Welcome to the forum @Name, although it hurts me under these circumstances.What you describe is something that many of us have lived to a greater or lesser extent.Diabetes can be lonely, especially when people around you do not completely understand what it implies.It is not just a matter of "taking care of yourself" or expecting "to heal."It is a condition that affects every aspect of our lives, and it is normal to feel overwhelmed.

From what you mention, it is understandable that you have many questions.The lack of clear and personalized information can be frustrating, and sometimes health professionals do not explain everything in detail.I encourage you to keep insisting on your consultations and ask what you need to feel safer.

Regarding your levels, remember that even if they are in the "normal range for diabetics", you can always look for improvements, but each person is a world.Here in the forum there are many people who have gone through similar situations, and surely you will find support and answers.

You are not alone, and talking to others who are in the same way can help you feel more understood.If at any time you feel that you need to vent or talk, do not hesitate to do it here.We are here to accompany you on this trip!

Here in the forum, many have gone through similar situations and we are here to support you.If you have any specific questions or need more tips, do not hesitate to ask.We are here to help you!

I also recommend that you give them a look at the book "Living with diabetes: the power of the online community", you can find it in Amazon, it is a great help, especially when you start with diabetes and allow you to keep the forum in progress, since part of the income is destined to finance the hosting, technical support and other expenses of the forum.:)

A big hug, and a lot of strength.💪

fer's profile photo
fer
09/12/2024 8:41 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Dani_gt a while ago we launched the Discord server of the forum, could it be an alternative to WhatsApp or Telegram?

Link Servidor-discord-de-diabetes-foro

fer's profile photo
fer
09/12/2024 8:49 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
@dani_gt We started the discord server of the forum, could it be an alternative to WhatsApp or Telegram?

Link

If I join him, but the truth is that I have always seen the "friendly" discord and perhaps not so easy to use like other channels, it is only my opinion or maybe I am not so used to using it.I will try it, the truth is that I joined me and I did not hurry ... I am a disaster.
Thank you

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
09/12/2024 8:59 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

hahahaha @dani_gt please, don't apologize for this!

The request of a WhatsApp/Telegram or said in another way, a participatory chat had been arriving at the forum, in fact, groups were created several times, the problem is that they do not last and that the information that is shared does not reach otherspeople, so only those who participate, while in the forum many other people can learn with total anonymity.

At the time we open discord to facilitate those interested, because it is a chat, but also in open, although you will have already seen that the interaction is less than in the forum.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/12/2024 9:06 a.m.

name said:
Hello, I was diagnosed at the end of May this year (31 years), and since then I read you.

I feel very alone in this, many days I have to endure people telling me that it is not so much and that maybe I heal, and there are times that I feel that I can not, like today.

I would like to be able to talk to people who are in my situation, or simply someone who understands that I worry and put me serious if I am with bad values.As it is not a broken arm, people do not know what we carry inside.

I am exhausted to read and try to find things to see what the future not so distant, why I only have slow insulin, when I am going to get worse, if my values ​​are normal or I can improve them even if they are in a "normal diabetic" range... The endocrine/nurse gives me fair information as if I were a baby and it is exhausting to really try to know how things work.

Thanks in advance.

Link Style = "Max-Width:300px;

@Name: Welcome to the forum.
The "comments" that do not come to a story related to diabetes, you will have no choice but to get used to it.They are not said with bad intention, but by ignorance of the disease.
Diabetes is a very complex disease and you have to give you some time to learn how it works.
Look if in your health center they organize a workshop for diabetics or go to a diabetics association

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/12/2024 12:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Name welcome to the forum.

Well yes, at the beginning of the debut doctors and diabetological nursing do not give you too much info.
I did give me a lot of training and salts exhausted, depressed and wanting to send everything to the M.

The endocrine tells you that you are on honeymoon and gives you guidelines, but it does not tell you how it is known when it ends, what to do if one is high after a meal ... I was discovering it in this forum.And that my endocrine then was kind, I attended me well and answered my questions, but of course, there are questions that have not occurred to me until much later.

This is proof and error, and the one who knows the most is the patient suffering from diabetes.
If you put 2 units of fast for a meal and look good in values ​​of 80-130 after having eaten, great!It is your dose every time you eat those hydrates, but of course, get it complicated, then it is when you learn: that if you stay above 160 after eating, you had to have put 3 units and if you go to hypoglycemia, then less or none ifYou are on a honeymoon.

Then each meal and its fats affect us a few days in one way to another even if it is the same meal .... in short .... it is a long -distance learning, but in 3 months it is controlled.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/13/2024 3:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

name said:
Hello, I was diagnosed at the end of May this year (31 years), and since then I read you.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, at first you can feel a lot of fear, is that n normal feeling in the face of uncertainty.But every small step takes you to easier and more natural management.

You don't have to learn everything immediately, learn at your own pace and here you can seek support when you need it.

Encouragement, you'll see how you discover the strength you have inside.

All the best

joelsa's profile photo
joelsa
09/13/2024 4:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

dani_gt said:
hello and welcome!

I was dialyzed in July with 44 years and as you say, I have the feeling that everyone around me has importance, it is not that I want to go as a victim or seek to treat me different or the recognition of others, but ifThat is like most of us thought that everything is because of me for not being careful.Even the other day that mistakes me with insulin and I could have ended up perfectly, nobody around me worries, perhaps to see me calmly and cramming me with sugar.On the other hand, I also believe that it is many times our own subconscious, that it wants to indicate what others think without knowing it, we always put ourselves in the worst case, I also see that there is a lotassume that it has happened to you to abuse sweet and that if you stop eating it and do sports it will be solved ... Many dares, anything we are to help you.
At times like these, although the forum is a great help, made in less some type of WhatsApp or Telegram group, it would go well as support.

Thank you very much for your words and encourage you too 🙏🏼

Name's profile photo
Name
09/14/2024 9:01 p.m.

DM1 mayo 2024 (31 años)
Toujeo 5uds

fer said:
welcome to the forum @name, even if it hurts under these circumstances.What you describe is something that many of us have lived to a greater or lesser extent.Diabetes can be lonely, especially when people around you do not completely understand what it implies.It is not just a matter of "taking care of yourself" or expecting "to heal."It is a condition that affects every aspect of our lives, and it is normal to feel overwhelmed.

From what you mention, it is understandable that you have many questions.The lack of clear and personalized information can be frustrating, and sometimes health professionals do not explain everything in detail.I encourage you to keep insisting on your consultations and ask what you need to feel safer.

Regarding your levels, remember that even if they are in the "normal range for diabetics", you can always look for improvements, but each person is a world.Here in the forum there are many people who have gone through similar situations, and surely you will find support and answers.

You are not alone, and talking to others who are in the same way can help you feel more understood.If at any time you feel that you need to vent or talk, do not hesitate to do it here.We are here to accompany you on this trip!

Here in the forum, many have gone through similar situations and we are here to support you.If you have any specific questions or need more tips, do not hesitate to ask.We are here to help you!

I also recommend that you give them a look at the book "Living with diabetes: the power of the online community", you can find it in Amazon, it is a great help, especially when you start with diabetes and allow you to keep the forum in progress, since part of the income is destined to finance the hosting, technical support and other expenses of the forum.:)

A big hug, and a lot of strength.💪

Thanks Fer, the truth is that I feel better just with reads 🫂

Name's profile photo
Name
09/14/2024 9:05 p.m.

DM1 mayo 2024 (31 años)
Toujeo 5uds

ricki21 said:
name said:
hello, I was diagnosed at the end of May of this year (31 years), and since then I read you.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much

Name's profile photo
Name
09/14/2024 9:10 p.m.

DM1 mayo 2024 (31 años)
Toujeo 5uds

ruthbia said:
@name welcome to the forum.

Well yes, at the beginning of the debut doctors and diabetological nursing do not give you too much info.
I did give me a lot of training and salts exhausted, depressed and wanting to send everything to the M.

The endocrine tells you that you are on honeymoon and gives you guidelines, but it does not tell you how it is known when it ends, what to do if one is high after a meal ... I was discovering it in this forum.And that my endocrine then was kind, I attended me well and answered my questions, but of course, there are questions that have not occurred to me until much later.

This is proof and error, and the one who knows the most is the patient suffering from diabetes.
If you put 2 units of fast for a meal and look good in values ​​of 80-130 after having eaten, great!It is your dose every time you eat those hydrates, but of course, get it complicated, then it is when you learn: that if you stay above 160 after eating, you had to have put 3 units and if you go to hypoglycemia, then less or none ifYou are on a honeymoon.

Then each meal and its fats affect us a few days in one way to another even if it is the same meal .... in short .... it is a long -distance learning, but in 3 months it is controlled a lot.

Thank you very much 🫂
Yes, the first day also gave me a lot of info, but as the basis of everything well above, the rest essay and error, especially in sport and alcohol, which simply told me that it is not known whether it goes up or down, andActually I feel clear patterns.But until you realize, total uncertainty.

Regarding the honeymoon, they do not tell me anything healthier or more adequate to carry it, if it is better to lower carboslower possible even if the slow ones are increased, or if it is better to prick 1ud and restrict all carbohydrate (to give a drastic example) ...

Sometimes even if it seems silly I would like to see the app the free of another person, to see if I am doing well 😅 or even a person without the disease.

Name's profile photo
Name
09/14/2024 9:37 p.m.

DM1 mayo 2024 (31 años)
Toujeo 5uds

That is easy.
A "good '" day

A HORRIBILID day:

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/15/2024 9:28 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Name, good afternoon
With that same age they diagnosed me.And I have been living with diabetes for more than 35 years.What can I tell you?That little by little, step by step, you take information.But discriminating about diabetes that does not correspond to "your diabetes".Everyone is a world.Do not despair and try to stay as calm as possible, although I understand your initial concern and anxiety, it is normal, many have lived it like that.
To the extent that time will go, you will take confidence and that will result in better control and above all it will make you feel better.Today there are better insulins and means of control than 30 years ago.
And welcome to this forum, which will surely be very useful for you.It is what I can tell you.Much encouragement and ask how much you can think of, we are here to help each other.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
09/16/2024 1:09 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

@Name you can sign up for a program where they teach you to control diabetes based on strength training and nutrition guidelines.If you have interest, send me a private and I recommend one in which I have participated and it has been very good.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/22/2024 12:09 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

name said:

Thanks in advance.

Welcome and encouragement to all who are landing in this sweet world.

I've been for 31 years old.Well last week.I have 46 and I live in Madrid.If someone wants to stay and share a while .... at the beginning of debuting help.Then with time sometimes you want to disconnect for a while and talk about things other than diabetes.Haha but it helped me.

There are groups in FB also for doubts ...

I would tell you .... It is so much because it is your health and it is not so much because the Demà do not live it and try to help you.

I said ....

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
09/22/2024 3:33 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

name said:

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I am a relative of a diabetic my husband was admitted about 12 years ago why at the moment he had 500 sugar I did not even know that he was diabetic put insulin in the hospital gave a course to learn everything about food and soon I enter with40 Income again and has been all these years without insulin, the endocrine told us that a year could spend a month and sooner or later it would have to put insulin and thus it was why I tell you this each person is different do not overwhelm you little by littleYou will control it the most important thing controls your diet that that can happen to you, my husband is not known although it becomes insulin and about healing is not forever but your life can be totally normal and it does not have to get worse, be calm a little toLittle with food and what specialists tell you you will be better do not obsess so they say why each person is different if you have doubts asks doctors and if it is not clear to you, ask to be calm about the values ​​althoughThey have values ​​between 70 and 180 This can also vary my husband has them higher for their work and their diet is also taller in echo my husband has the sensor so it is quiet is a bit overwhelmed if but most of them happens to them andOver time they get used to and lead their normal life only that they always have to go with insulin and things a greeting you will soon be an expert I hope I have helped you to feel better

coralin's profile photo
coralin
09/22/2024 6:28 p.m.

In 1981, when I was 30 years old, DM 1. I have been diagnosed with 43 years and I am still here, with a good quality of life.On the way I have exercised as a lawyer (5 years before diagnosis and 40 years older), 45 years, until my jublilation in 2021, I have had two daughters and two grandchildren (for now).I have traveled being an insulinding diabetic, around the world (USA, Canada, Russia, Egypt, France, Germany, Slovenia, Poland, Turqía, Jordan, Israel, Tunisia, Tunisia, Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Bulgaria, Romania, Italy, Baltic countries)... And what I have left.
Diabetes is a serious disease that conditions the behavior of who suffers it.It is a matter of adapting following the rules that specialists and common sense indicate, and if you do you can live satisfied as the one who amputates a limb.Lame or manco, you can achieve the desired goals and be happy.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
09/22/2024 9:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.