Humalog+Levemir mixture

Gema3's profile photo   04/04/2010 3:23 p.m.

Hello everyone:

The question is:
Can Levemir and Humalog insulin mix in the same syringe?
Has anyone done it?

Our endo told us yes, although it seems that the general opinion is that no, however I have seen in some forums in English that can be done.
I have a book entitled "Using Insulin" in which a table appears indicating the combinations and there is no inconvenience, it even describes the technique.
Reducing the number of punctures seems an interesting topic.

All the best

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
04/04/2010 3:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is not that they cannot be put together in a single injection, but that they are separated so that different areas are used for each of those insulins due to a matter of greater efficiency of insulin.Levemir or Lantus is usually sent in areas of demonstrated slow absorption;That is, the ass.And the rapid in areas of greater short -term efficacy, such as arms, abdomen, legs ...

I personally prefer to separate them, but maybe it's because I haven't tried to join them either.Although if you could, I wouldn't really, really.Do not save that puncture does not cause me any trauma.Anyway, we all use the feathers, so joining both insulins in the same injection is impossible ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/06/2010 11:38 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

GONDROLLO:

I want you to know that not everyone uses bowling.I would like to know what you would do, if sensitivity insulin were so high that you had to click 1.5 units.
I also celebrate that you do not have the needles phobia and you don't care more.And what do you tell me if the Pincahzo is early in the morning, for example at 6?
Anyway, what I need is an answer with a little more scientific support.

All the best

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
04/06/2010 1:18 p.m.

Holass

If you mix up with other insulin preparations, the action profile of one or both individual components could change.Mixing Levemir with insulin asparted, an analogous insulin of rapid action, resulted in a reduction of approximately 40% in AUC (0-2h) and CMAX compared to separate injections when
The relationship with the insulin and levem as part of less than 50%.

Extracted from:

The medicine prospect also puts it:
If Levemir is mixed with other insulin preparations, the individual action profile of one or both prepared will change.The mixture of Levemir with an analogous insulin of fast action, such as Insulin Aspart, produces an action profile with a lower and lowest effect effect compared to individual injections.Therefore, Levemir should avoid mixing with fast action insulin.

Extracted from: Link

This is one of the things for which I consider Spain a quasi -world country in diabetes ... why do Novonordisk have in other feathers of half -unit and in Spain it does not market it?

Nobody like to click, it is obvious ... I am very bothers me much more the daily burden of thinking about glycemia, in what or stopped eating than in 10 seconds that lasts 1 puncture.
Although each one bothers each one, it is logical.

It is true that there are not many people who use the roads today ... but as you have, there are: mrgreen: ... I know 2-3 cases, one of them a 17-year-old kid.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/06/2010 2:27 p.m.

Thanks Owash for your answer.

In Spain, the 0.5 units pen is not sold because insulin cartridge is not marketed.Even if you have a pen you can not use it, it is our case.
The cartridge is not sold because the laboratory does not market, obviously the cost of the cartridge is less than that of the preloaded pen, which interests the laboratory more, and I suppose someone from the administration.I think Spain is the only country in our environment in the cartridge is not sold.Moreover, I have called the laboratory and pass olimpically.

We have been the problem of the unit fraction with a Inventillo that allows you to refine up to 0.1 units, with clear syringe.This is important for children, surely many parents with young children understand me.
The feathers are fine for adults who injected a large amount, but for children the thing changes.I refer you to post mine where the accuracy of the feathers is commented.

Sorry for extending to me but this issue is exaspera.

All the best

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
04/06/2010 3:04 p.m.

Gemma, I would try without fear.If the endo gives you the approval and Owash tells you that it only affects the profile of insulin, it is a matter of seeing the effect that the mixture and dose adjustments produce if needed.The advantage of reducing punctures can be a lot in a girl, and control does not have to worse, controlling well.
Owash, I already said that my daughter had some Meiga ... :)), the Lantus is put with syringe, leaves her prepared in a glass at night and punctures her at 11 in the morning half asleep ..I did not know that we were Meigas, but something weird happened ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/06/2010 6:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I want you to know that not everyone uses bowling.I would like to know what you would do, if sensitivity insulin were so high that you had to click 1.5 units.

it's true.Not everyone uses pens.They are almost all.And if you have a high sensitivity to insulin (as with many children), it is complicated to manage, certainly.Because as already said, we don't have half -unit feathers here.Although it has been requested since the Fede, but for redeemer and costs, because unfortunately it does not interest.

<Blockquote Gema3 "" = "" Rel = ""And what do you tell me if the Pincahzo is early in the morning, for example at 6?Anyway, what I need is an answer with a little more scientific support.

Talking in general is complicated, but in general, we have improved a lot on this issue of insulins, and I think there are currently different insulins (Lantus-Levemir, or mixtures) to spend the full night without having to puncture, because it is evidentthat repinal at midnight remains quite a lot of life.It is complicated, but in diabetes it is about looking for the equlibrium between such quality of life and a moderately acceptable control of diabetes.If we unbalanced seeking to improve one aspect, we lose the other.Sometimes (and I insist that I am generalizing) we care about certain moments of the day that the figures are leaving, and really only supposes a limited time at the end of the day, and it is not significant for our hemoglobin, so to worry aboutIn excess, for example, for 3 hours higher it may not be the most "profitable" to balance that balance that faces diabetes with the quality of life.

Finally, to say that the scientific nature of the answers to your message is assumed that it will be absent in such a forum.This is not thirst, The Lancet or the CSIC, but a group of people who collect their knowledge based on their experience.And that is what we can provide.If you need more "level", and our answers are not useful, or even some seem to offend you, so that no answer offends you, try even more to limit your question or place the origin of the problem that precedes the question.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/06/2010 7:10 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

GONDROLLO:

If you think that the question about the insulin mixture is not well limited, do the favor of writing it again and so on you take a kind of dimensioning, instead of telling us how good you carry the diabetes.

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
04/07/2010 2:34 p.m.

Gema, I think that each response that has been given to you has been issued with the best of intentions and based on the knowledge or experience of each one.
There are so many ways to ask and respond as foros.However, here the good roll usually prevails.

The one who cannot see a gesture or a wink can lead to hurting susceptibilities, but frankly I believe that your last response transmits an irritation perhaps not caused.

As for the issue at hand, I think that when insulin sensitivity is so high that it needs dose fractions, the best option is the pump.Have you raised it?

Health

DiabetesForo
04/07/2010 3:17 p.m.

Gema, as Alea tells you, we all give the opinion of a good faith, but also, Gondullo, whom we have known for years, in this forum and in another previous one that most come, always give very, very respectable response and always withScientific basis although sometimes it cannot be avoided mixing it with our personal experience.He has never presumed to be perfect and I assure you that his knowledge about diabetes is much higher than those of most foreros.

DiabetesForo
04/08/2010 9:11 a.m.

Hello,
Oh, it seems that this post has become a bit tense, in short, I don't know, maybe Gema3, with a diabetic daughter for relatively recently, must be more worried than other people who have been adult and of course, are adult and of course,The "lightness" of some answers seems a bit exasperating and expect more understanding by people in a similar situation.
Although sending it to another forum is a bit exaggerated, right?
Greetings, Clio

Clio's profile photo
Clio
04/09/2010 12:14 p.m.

A query to say Levemir is the same as Novolog

COLLAZOS11's profile photo
COLLAZOS11
08/13/2016 6:30 p.m.

Hi @collazos11, not at all what I think, Levemir is insulin to stop, a basal insulin (slow), while Novolog is insulin aspart, I do not know if similar to or equal to Novorapid.Novolog and Novorapid are "fast" insulins, which are used to metabolize a meal or quickly correct hyperglycemia.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/13/2016 6:53 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Ok thank you very much for your information.

COLLAZOS11's profile photo
COLLAZOS11
08/13/2016 7:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.