Intraocular lens

Twingo's profile photo   04/14/2010 10:59 a.m.

Good afternoon, I am new for these parts, I have registered now and apart from giving you all for your posts, I wanted to present my case in case anyone could advise me.
This morning I have accompanied my father to a review of cataract operation that was done and in view of how happy I have decided to inform myself. The doctor has not put any problem that I also do it to me, (I amMiope, with about 4 diopters) although I have told her that the ophthamologist that makes me the background every year I advised me to be diabetic, my diabetes is of type one and I have been with it for 10 years, although I started being of type twoAnd I changed will do four years at type 1, Actual Age 39 for 40.

Thank you so much

Twingo's profile photo
Twingo
04/14/2010 10:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Twingo.

The myopia operation is different from that of cataracts and I don't know it, but I think they don't put intraocular lens.Do not pay much attention to me, because I am not put on the subject.
Operating or not, I suppose it will have a lot to do with the state of your sight, whether or not you have retinopathy or a visual problem caused by diabetes.
My opinion is that, if you have no problems in that sense, you could operate, but it's just that, an opinion.
I think the best thing is that you consult some trusted ophthalmologist and that you inform you well of the pros and cons of the operation.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/14/2010 12:07 p.m.

Hi Alea:

Thank you for answering, indeed, the operation of placing an intraocular lens is different from that of myopia, but the goal is to correct it with that lens, what I do not want due to the experience of my brothers is the myopia operation because it is irreversible and thenFrom a few years seeing well they were worse and they have turned to the glasses.
The issue is why the ophthamologist advised me and this doctor has not put the slightest problem, what I have done today has been to make an appointment to make the background of every year and incidentally consult it again.

Thanks for your contributions

Twingo's profile photo
Twingo
04/14/2010 12:26 p.m.

The implantation of intraocular lens for the correction of myopia, is reserved for high myopias, from 10-12 diopters.With 4 diopters, what is indicated is LASIK, which is very perfected and does not usually give problems, with proper prior tests, of course.
Personally I believe, that undergoing a cataract intervention without having cataracts is nonsense.We already know that the successes is very high, but in surgery, risk 0 does not exist.I am not surprised that an ophthalmology has advised you, because the bullfighter Rafael "El Gallo" that there are people pa tó "already told us many years ago"

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
08/03/2017 8:01 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.