About insulin pump

Lunita20's profile photo   04/22/2010 6:15 p.m.

Hello, good night, I am new here, I had entered other occasions but I never wrote.My problem is that they have proposed to put the insulin bomb, but I am not very convinced.Now I can't throw myself back but I have many doubts and problems.You will see in addition to diabetes I have an anorexia, I weigh 32 kilos.Now I currently have a totally normal weight 47 kilos (I am 1.50) the fear I have is that when I put on the insulin pump I can gain weight.I know that if I get fat, I will stop eating to kill myself and I don't want that ... I would like not to have this fear in my body but I can't help it, although I know it can be good on the one hand, I am very afraid of fattening andfall into the same vicious circle.I do sports 5 times a week and how well sanitas things and very few but very rarely like something and it is minimal what I am afraid and I do not know what to do I have not told anyone I want to cry and on topIn my life everything is getting a little crooked and although I throw forward sometimes I feel that I can not ... I do not know if there is someone who has gone through the same thing but I would love to find someone who understands me and tells me something... thank you very much for reading my heart a huge kiss

Lunita20's profile photo
Lunita20
04/22/2010 6:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, lunita.

First of all is to tell you that we try to help here, we do not judge, so I hope you feel calm and among friends.

The second is that the bomb will not make you fat.In fact, the pump is the method that best allows meals to the needs of each.Not having an injected basal insulin, there is no risk of dances in case of fasting.

That said, I do recommend that you do not stop treating eating disorder.Anorexia is no nonsense and can be very dangerous.

Much encouragement and go ahead, that we are here to help you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/22/2010 6:25 p.m.

Hello lunita20 !!!
I have not gone through the same because I have not been diagnosed with anorexia and I did not carry the bomb but I understand your fears and fears.As little boy I was always a chubby girl, well chubby no, fat and when I arrived at the university I began to lose weight from good to first.My mother had always controlled me a little the subject of sweets and things to avoid gulsing too much and when I started to lose weight I started to stick to all those rich things that had been a bit "forbidden" during my childhood, nocilla, milkCondensate, tons jelly and ... I kept thinning ... I was happy !!!But of course ... that thinning ended up being discovered that it was a DM1 and ... again the list of prohibited foods returned to my life, the same as as a child.The truth is that I had been excessively thin, I had not understood or assimilated my illness, and put the insulin when I remembered, I did not eat sweets but the rations of carbohydrates did not take them into account, ... in short, withoutAnorexia, I weigh 40 ilos (I measure 1,53 cm).I started to take care of myself and took some weight, that I do not dislike;The problem is that now I feel swollen ... I do not enter the clothes, my legs hurt when I touch them, the belly and when I have to bend down I want to shout "take it that I explode."My endo says that it is my obsession, but I explain that it will be obsession but what is not normal is that today weigh 5,600 kg.and 24 hours later 52,300 kg.And neither do I understand the pain, because I was fat and my legs or abdomen did not hurt.Finally, I have changed the Lantus by Levemir that they say that avoids the tendency to gain weight ... I will tell you.
The first thing I would tell you that you would have to do is talk to your endo or your educator, they can help you overcome those fears.The second thing I would tell you is that you think that it is more worthwhile if it remains thin and ended blind (for example I, due to my bad glycemic control I have diabetic retinopathy, a visual acuity of 0.2 in the right eye, ...), With dialysis because the kidney has stopped working you and a lot of more complications that this beloved friend of ours entails or you are interested in being in your weight, that is how you are now and increase your life expectancy and your quality of life;-) I know that it is very easy to say it but that the fears of each are very free ... but encouragement !!!!Do not decay and keep fighting, you will get it, I'm sure.
Kisses !!!

Bianca's profile photo
Bianca
04/22/2010 6:36 p.m.

Many thanks to both for answering me, from the heart.I feel a little depressed things in my life do not go well and I have climbed 2 kilos and I am afraid to climb much more for the bomb.I will tell my endocrine and my educator to see what they tell me ... many say that it does not fatten others that if I no longer think it will be to put it and point.Although lately I have fattened the insulin.I suppose it is because I no longer eliminate the glucose that before if I eliminated .. And that I do sports ... but well we are going to see, Blanca have not looked if it is retention of liquids?It is very possible it is not normal to lose weight 2 kilos and fat them back in a day is surely for retention ... well a kiss at both of you and thanks for answering here you have me for what you need, okay?a kiss

Lunita20's profile photo
Lunita20
04/23/2010 4:51 p.m.

Lunite and that does that mood not decay?
Yes, I have looked at it and that's why I am taking infusions with a gap and green tea but ... I don't see results.Inwardly I am convinced that it is for the Lantus (although there is no reasonable scientific explanation, so now that they have changed to Levemir I will wait a while to see if there are results).
You know that when we have high sugar it is normal to lose weight, we eliminate that excess sugar through the urine with all that it implies.That is why when we begin to stabilize our "sweetness" at more appropriate levels we take a couple of kilos until we are in our right weight but between the diet we carry and you tell me that you exercise ... calm, I am convinced that you are not going toWeight more than strictly necessary and surely you will be beautiful and you will begin to find yourself better and more animated.So ... Start eliminating that cloud of fears that you have in the head and ... you are calm.Dare me eh queen?
Kiss to "Puñaos".

Bianca's profile photo
Bianca
04/23/2010 7:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.