Beware of stem cells

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/05/2010 8:32 a.m.

I spend a link to an OCU article that has seemed interesting to me:

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/05/2010 8:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't know why I thought that Bernat Soria was going to be mentioned ... what disappointment ...

In Seville I think they have the subject of stem cells in diabetic cell regeneration quite advanced ... I know 1 case with spectacular results.

The procedures under false and ambiguous promises of improvements are usually sold, the following is taken from a website that is dedicated to selling these procedures:
treatment results
The statistics of the follow -up of treated patients completed in July 2009 show that more than 50% have experienced improvement after stem cell therapy.
Approximately 1/3 of insulin -dependent patients improved after treatment while about 2 /3 of dependent non -insulin patients have improved., also better levels of blood glucose on an empty stomach, decrease in leg pain, reduction of blood pressure and the disappearance of hypoglycemia episodes.
ten of 23 patients reported a reduction of 25% to 50% of the use of insulin and/or oral antidiabetics and a remarkable health improvement.Its HBA1C level remained the same or improved (decreased).
Ten of 23 patients reported a strong improvement, with a reduction of more than 50% of the use of insulin and/or oral antidiabetics.It was not reported on cases of severe hypoglycemia.Some patients reported a closed ulcer in the leg.Its HBA1C level remained the same or improved (decreased).They informed about a great and marked improvement in health and an almost total absence of pain

I mean:
2/3 of insulin patients did not improve: shock:
They do not detail if glycosylated levels improved or remained .... is staying at 9%?usual figure in type 2 ...

Anyway: Evil:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/05/2010 4:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.