Good to all!

Gudrun's profile photo   05/20/2010 3:04 p.m.

Hello everyone! I am 24 years old and a month ago that I have been diagnosed with diabetes.The good thing is that I discovered it doing a routine analysis, since towards half a year I was thinning and the doctor asked me thinking that perhaps I was missing or something like that ... and what is my surprise that when I gave me theAnalysis I see that I have 215 of fasting sugar.The first thing I thought (typical), it was, hey but if I do not usually eat many sweets xDD, the truth scheme that it was about that, but after a few days, when I took the results to my doctor, I wanted to make me theCetona and Di positive test, so he told me that he would have to go to the hospital and have to enter a few days.I was diagnosed with the diabetes and they controlled me with a diet, at the beginning they told me that they could not see the insulin to see how I evolved, but the next day I was already prescribed XD.I started with 8, and they have been going down to 4. I use the lantus to solve once a day at the moment.The truth is that the first days was quite grated but now I try to take it in the best possible way.It is a stick the truth, but you also try to find the positive parts and not think so much about the negatives.I hope I haven't bored you much xD and a huge hug to all.
P.D: They made me a test where they told me that the amount of insulin that my pancreas and the type of diabetes would come out.
In principle, I have been told that I almost certainly have type I diabetes, although the results have not yet arrived.

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/20/2010 3:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Gudrun.
To get bored, nothing, that we all know that the beginning is hard.But I see you a good attitude.
If you learn to control yourself, to handle insulin and food, and all this automates, within nothing you will be doing normal life, without giving up anything.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/20/2010 3:13 p.m.

Good Alea! Thanks for the spirits, the truth is that the first days, the toughest days I was very consolidated by reading this forum and all the support between you.The truth is that at the moment I get along, I have surprised myself and everything, this has also helped me to mature and value the things that matter.It scares me a little that I have to do it throughout my life but I also believe that one gets used to everything and also that I will lead a healthier life.A strong hug!;)

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/20/2010 3:19 p.m.

Well, nothing, you know that here we are a big family, so you will never be alone.

Much encouragement and go ahead.

DiabetesForo
05/20/2010 3:31 p.m.

Thank you very much Alea, it's a pleasure!;)

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/20/2010 4:46 p.m.

Welcome Gudrun,
I tb took a very positive attitude, from the first day, and that has long done
Muxussssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/20/2010 5:39 p.m.

Thank you so much!The truth scheme of moment I have it quite controlled, a little more than a month ago, which is little and I cannot assure how I will take it in a time, but I hope well.I only had two hypoglycemia for the moment, and in terms of the punctures of the fingers, maximum and reached 172, although I believe that the pancreas is still producing insulin and also perhaps it is also by the famous "honeymoon".Let's see how we are in a few days.;)
All the best.;)

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/26/2010 12:35 p.m.

Hi Gudrun,
I am afraid that I change, I have been little, not two months, and yes, we are honeymoon, so far I have had 2 hypos, but I have controlled them very well, sugar to the song, but I am afraid of thehypos, especially at night, that I do and I don't know
Today I went to the association of Diabetic
To another little time,
MUXUSSSSS

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/26/2010 4:10 p.m.

WENAS ANABEG,
Well, if the truth is that that also scares me a lot, the night hypos, the first days I woke up to sixty -little, and when I saw the results quite low I lowered my dose of insulin, now I usually wake up seventy -eighth eightymore or less.
Greetings; =)

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/26/2010 7:03 p.m.

In a very high percentage of patients (almost all), nocturnal hypoglycemia makes us awaken ... so you don't have to worry excessively.

There are cases of patients with enough evolution time that the body does not react or recognize the decreases but they are very specific cases

DiabetesForo
05/27/2010 6:11 a.m.

Good Owashh! Well you calm me quite a lot, I am still very novatilla with that xD.Before I go to sleep I take a cookie just in case hehehe.What happens is that the two hypos that gave me, noticed when I was already quite low, to 44 and it gives me a little thing in case one day I get more.
Greetings

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/27/2010 6:50 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
Thank you Owash, to my TB you calm down a lot, it is normal to notice, but as there are people who do not notice anything, I hope I do not touch my night, and alone, that my husband works from nights a few weeks
Gudrun, the same thing happened to me, I looked down, but with what they told me here in the forum, Lantus and Phenomenal forum, I get up with the pampering that you, and well
In the right I take two yogurts with 2 cookies, he told me to do this the educator, and well, fear does not take the yogurts, hahahaha
Well, see you later
MUXUSSSSSSSSS

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/27/2010 11:16 a.m.

Yes, I started with 8 units and as I saw that the values ​​I had were low, I went down to 4, and from there for the moment I did not touch it, although I still get down.Everyone has told me that above all I would take right but the educator told me not to do it ... although I know that if I do not do it, I would get much more so that I did not do much case and I always take something.
Greetings;)

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/27/2010 6:20 p.m.

To finish reassuring you ... Glucagon is a hormone that raises glycemia in the body immediately ... what it does is enhance the release of glycogen stored in the liver (glycogen is a kind of glucose warehouse of the body)... when the body detects an excessive drop in blood glucose triggers alarms and mobilizes glucagon to release glycogen and increase blood glucose.

This is an automatic mechanism but that can be forced externally with a glucagon injection ...

This happens in most cases of hypoglycemia ... except high alcohol indices that distracts the liver from its function ....

You do well in not suppressing the resopon ... provided that the glycemia are correct we must adapt the treatment.

DiabetesForo
05/28/2010 2:31 p.m.

Thank you very much Owash !: D.
Yes, the truth is that I feel phenomenal to me.Two lunches to make you right, but it is hard for me to have lunch in itself as for lunch twice xD

Greetings

Gudrun's profile photo
Gudrun
05/28/2010 4:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.