I need help

elvira's profile photo   05/25/2010 4:30 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I have been diabetic for almost 5 years and I have not yet been able to control my sugar. It is almost impossibleThe respective climbs. When I decide to put on the subject again, I begin to swell like a balloon and to take weight like a crazyVery worried, I do not see a solution, I have thought about entering a hospital and that they control me but I'm afraid to go out and return to the same thing, please help me control this situation because I can no longer.

A question, what is you better to let you or lantus?

Thank you very much and greetings

Elvira

elvira's profile photo
elvira
05/25/2010 4:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Elvira.

The first thing I want to tell you is that there is a solution.What happens is that sometimes trees do not let us see the forest.
You need a good recycling.I don't know if you have a diabetes educator, or how your endocrine takes you.Tell us something about that issue.

On the other hand, you should not worry about the issue of fattening.As soon as you get good control, not only will you not gain weight, but you can lose weight if you need it, but the main thing is to find the right guidelines so that your controls are good and you can master the issue.

Ideally, you go to your endocrine, but, if you want, you can also put here the doses you wear, if you do diet for portions, what controls you have before and after meals, etc., to be able to guide you.
We do not replace the doctor.We can simply help you a bit with everyone's experience.

I also recommend that you make a full profile for at least one week (glycemia control before each meal and two hours after each meal, as well as one at dawn) and that you write down everything: controls, meals, special situations (disease,Intense exercise, Stress ...)

You'll see how we all get on track your diabetes and you will find yourself much better.

Levemir and Lantus are similar.Lantus puts himself every 24 hours and letting down every 12.

Courage and go ahead, that everything is going to do very well, you will see it.
Health and welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/25/2010 4:55 p.m.

Thank you very much, Alea.
Right now I am with 14 of Lantus at night and 4-4-4 of Apidra for meals.

I cannot tell you how my controls are because I am not able to carry a continuity. When I begin to control myThe values ​​have nothing to do with me. I know this seems like a world to me., it is exasperating, and in terms of educator I have never had.

I hope that with my effort and with your help I will be able to overcome this situation ..

All the best

elvira's profile photo
elvira
05/25/2010 5:06 p.m.

I will never understand that type of doctors, but anyway ...

Let's go to what matters, to control you.

The glycemia you have on an empty stomach depends on the Lantus.If before meals you are with low values, you must lower the lantus a bit.If you are high, go up the lantus.The changes must make them and wait two or three days, because the effect is not immediate.
If you are fine at that time, we are going to attack the apidra.
If you are high after meals, go up the apidra.If you are low, go down the apidra.Of course, try to maintain a similar diet every day, so as not to introduce variables that prevent us from adjusting.It is not necessary (or convenient) that the Apidra doses are fixed if you do not eat the same hydrates.And you should also raise or lower the dose if you reach high or low food.

I spend a website that can help you a lot, especially to understand how insulin and intakes work:

Do not forget to write down everything and tell us, to be able to orient you.

Come on, you will achieve it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/25/2010 5:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.