Great scare ...... with the pump on

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/26/2010 8:14 a.m.

Today a month ago that my daughter was put on the bomb (Paradig I see from Medtronic) and the truth is delighted with her.Marta had daily hypoglycemia and with the bomb you barely have them, and their controls are quite good, we still are adjusting their basal sections.The fact is that on Monday afternoon I changed the catheter and everything was correctly, drew and in the control of 120. Great. I control him at 3 in the morning and 340, I moved and put aBolus that did nothing to him because an hour later he had 350 and so on the night, putting bowling and nothing, super high.At 7 in the morning I do a acetone control in blood and 2.9 ...... impressive substitute.I started with the ketosis diet and the girl did not tolerate anything at all, vomited everything, so running for the hospital.He was observed all morning until little by little he recovered.When changing the catheter again we saw that the one we removed was crooked, so insulin did not enter.It is the second time that the catheter happens to us ... and the truth is not very convinced of the catheter system because it does not have to twist once it has introduced it.In short, Gordo Sustazo and we are already again as if nothing had happened.Well everything is learned ... but the truth is my daughter is a pequña and had a very bad time (she twisted from gut pain), so we will be in super alert when those sugar controls are firing again ....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/26/2010 8:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Wow, Auro, what a fright.My son also carries the paradigm I see, and we are very happy.According to the area where we put the catheter it is also folded, for example the belly we have totally discarded, and in the lumbar area sometimes it also folds, although it has never come to obstruct as much as you.Anyway, we have a hyperglycemia (250 or more) measurement guidelinepen or if you can change the catheter.
My son has never had ketone bodies, although they give you a protocol, I don't know if I would know how to act.I think I would do the same as you, to the hospital.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/26/2010 11:59 a.m.

Hello,
I've been with the bomb for four years and something similar happened to me the first month of carrying it.I went to dinner at a kebab (it was the first time that it ate) and I went home and was 400, it moved me a little, but I thought it would be the sauce that would wear a lot of sugar.So I corrected myself and went to sleep, at the time I woke up (less bad) sweating a lot and I was 500, I looked at my acetone and also had (I didn't remember how much), I call those of the house of the bomb andThey told me that I insulin with the pen, that I change my catheter and that will notify someone who will watch me because it was hard for me to keep awake.Let's go a very big scare, because it had a very bad time and the problem was that the catheter was broken.
Since then I am not going to sleep if I have the glycemia very high, and to the slightest doubt I changed the needle.
Another day I click on the vein and I also had a good scare, but well they are things that happen ...

tica's profile photo
tica
05/26/2010 12:21 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Auro,

I carry does not reach a month with the same bomb as your daughter and I have also taken a couple of scares with her.What happens is that, as some compis told you, to my tb they warned me and they told me that if I exceeded 250 in a normal situation that put me a bolus with a pen and the truth is that I solve it relatively well although I tbI had a fatal because I had Cetona and I was vomiting and diarrhea .......and do your son as a mornita .....

virginia's profile photo
virginia
05/26/2010 1 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.