Note Security Animas Spanish Agency Medication

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/07/2010 4:02 p.m.

Possible involuntary supply of a high amount of insulin, if the patient does not disconnect the body infusion system during the rewinding, loading and priming processes of the pump.

I attach the security note issued by the Spanish agency medicine and health products.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/07/2010 4:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

FUCK!!

What little do I like pumps ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/09/2010 4:43 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

But that is a drawer, a diabetic who has received the formation to put on a bomb knows that he has to disconnect the catheter when the infusion equipment or the reservoir will change.

chiqui's profile photo
chiqui
06/09/2010 5:27 a.m.

Let's go to me the most normal .... Logically you have to disconnect it from the body (in the Medtronic's that warns, I do not know, I suppose that in souls igua) .... If you cebas what you are is throwing insulin,It was if you are disconnected and inside if you have it connected ... and I bait at least 10 units ... It is something that does not seem abnormal ... I suppose someone will have been wrong, it will have primed with the connected pump andIt will have denounced that and have to warn it, but I compare that with the same as if you put 20 units instead of a user error.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/09/2010 5:30 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Look, I'm going to tell you what they told us at a hospital meeting to which we were, they usually do it, almost every year.It is recycling of insulin bombs, and we learn, we share the experiences and advice with the other parents.

Some parents who had accompanied their teenage son there, said that once it happened to them that the reservoir was not completely curled in the bomb, but loose but introduced in his duct and then by inertia the child did Pummm and curled him and squeezed withoutMore, imagining was not rewinding and had it connected to her body, therefore, take insulin pal body!He made the action to propel a syringe when giving the pump hole with the reservoir stop and less bad that the mother were in front when it happened (if I remember correctly) the mother immediately realized that when the reservoir tightened, she had put herTo know how many units, they told us that as crazy they put accounts, when did we change catheter?How much insulin would have entered from change to the incident?How long would the reservoir take without curling?Anyway, an odyssey passed by calculating how much insulin could have entered, the creature spent hours taking hydrates, in short a whole story that put our hair on end.

All this arose because the educators asked the parents that we were there, what would you do if you suddenly realize that the reservoir is not well inserted in the conduit?And then they invited those parents to tell us what had happened to them.

The truth is that I was speechless and thinking what would I have done?Do not sometimes be done by inertia and that is why these mistakes are made.

I tell you this because the child had a Medtronic bomb, we left there and we immediately call to send us the candy for the reservoir, I must recognize that sometimes I forget to put it.Pufff now that I have remembered it and write again impressing me.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/09/2010 7:11 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.