hyperglycemia after waking

tica's profile photo   06/28/2010 3:58 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I have a question for quite some time and I don't know what else I can try.Normally in the morning I wake up with good glycemias of 80-100.I put four Humalog units and wait 15 minutes to breakfast.During those 15 minutes I can upload blood glucose to 160 or more (without eating anything) and after breakfast I put myself at 280, but at two or three hours I am with normal glycemia (out of 100).If I am increasing the insulin at breakfast, at two hours I have hypoglycemia.If not breakfast (and do not click Humalog), I get almost 180 and then normalized (without having to correct).On weekends I get up later and the same thing happens to me, but at the time I get up (so I suppose the basal is not).The doctor told me to increase the basal one hour before getting up, but since every day I do not get up at the same time it is a disaster because I end up having hypoglycemia.Does something similar happen to someone?

tica's profile photo
tica
06/28/2010 3:58 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well yes, and many, among them.It is an insulin resistance in the morning.And that I know there are only three solutions:
-Astead the insulin setting (it is what I did before using the bomb, even one hour before breakfast)
-Alint the basal (it is what I currently do with the bomb)
-Divide breakfast in two.

Anyway, although it goes up if later, soon, it goes down, it does not give more importance.The important thing is that you do not keep much high .... Although I understand that it fits those 280.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
06/28/2010 5:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

As Juan Luis says, insulin resistance in the morning and the intake of rapid breakfast abuse hydrates is frequent in diabetics, and easily corrected with insulin pump, due to the ease of moving basal.In principle if at 2-3 hours you are in Normoglycemia or you delay intake as you point to you or you can do little.It occurs to me that you take HC, s of slower absorption.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/28/2010 6:01 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks for the tips.I will go up the basal one hour before getting up and I will try not to forget the weekend that I have uploaded it (I do not understand why they do the interfaces of the bombs so bad, ...) the carbohydrates at breakfast attempt that they are of slow absorption: Bread milk and a little olive oil

tica's profile photo
tica
06/28/2010 6:23 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I would not give any importance to that peak that only lasts 180 minutes.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/28/2010 8:07 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Man, ethical, having bomb increase the basal one hour before and during breakfast is the best option.It is nonsense to maintain high figures, when it is demonstrated that stability is the best for the body.I recommend you to make you 2 profiles, we have it, one with different basal for the weekend and another for daily.You just have to appeal to memory to change it on Friday and Sunday.Well, like everything, it's a matter of habit.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/28/2010 11:02 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, you are right how better it goes to all hours ... the better.Also when patterns are repeated it is easier to find the solution.What bomb do you carry?

tica's profile photo
tica
06/28/2010 11:27 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

How are you ethics?Have the changes begin to effect?.You know, wait 2-3 days, and if it is necessary to change again.
We are double firefighters, Angela takes the 522 of Medtronic and Juan Luis la 722. And it seems that for now I will not fall: ((. Which do you use?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/30/2010 4:44 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello,

I have not yet been able to make the change, because I have two nights with hypoglycemia, and I dare not increase the basal until the thing does not normalize.Yesterday I did not sleep until two, I was drinking juice an hour and a half and eating sugar ... in the end I had to lower the basal to 80% and I fell asleep and I got up well.Let's see if tonight I spend well, and tomorrow I try to change the basal early morning.

The bomb I carry is the accu chek

tica's profile photo
tica
06/30/2010 10:51 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.