Thanks for being there

IMADIS's profile photo   07/07/2010 1:36 p.m.

We are already one more ...
I have read many posts that have left me impressed and speechless, some for how well they have been (the ones that most time) and otherwise.
At the moment I take it, a few days better than others.
The irony of my life is that since I was little I have always been afraid and panic of the punctures, I fled from them, analytics and vaccines my mother had to take me up to me to prick me.And now, at age 35, after spending a few fateful days for ignoring the typical symptoms of the disease, a doctor changes my life when I get the news that I am type 1 diabetic and that I will depend on insulin.The funny thing is that today, two months later what I have best is the punctures and that I do not have smoking monkey.
What has been worse ... I try to count all the rations, weight the bread and the fruit, but even so.Postcondrial, at an hour and a half, I get very high, however, a few hours later I am too low.My dietitian tells me that I am going well, and that I am the one who adjusts.Because of how little I have learned I have the impression that I should upload the fast (Apidra) and lower the basal (Lantus) but I am afraid to vary the dose and that everything gets worse.To get where I am I don't know the times that the doses have changed, and there have been no shape.It costs me a lot to hire the carbohydrates, that is, trying to eat the same amount every day.And it is hard for me to satisfy myself.

Anyway, what was said very much for being there because you make our lives easier to read other cases and other fears, you make me not feel alone in this great world.

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
07/07/2010 1:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello IMADIS, I carry little more than you, I will do 3 months, and there are times that I carry it good that I do not even remember and others, but well, ......

The amounts are not afraid of changing them to me the same as you, so that you get an idea to start with Lantus 27 and Apidra 7-14-10 and now I had to adjust it I am alone in Lantus 12 and Apidra2-2-5, many hypos also gave me, get through the posts of how to adjust the lantus, there you will learn how to do it and without fear ...

The truth is I am still as if I were dreaming, as this will be a dream, but the days go by and not awake, heh, Je, I share how you from the day I entered the hospital with the debut did not smoke again:Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/07/2010 1:53 p.m.

Oh and the posts you have to do them at 2 hours to start eating not at the hour and a half, or so I have understood.

I'm going to see the game, Spain !!!!!: D

DiabetesForo
07/07/2010 2:30 p.m.

Hi, Imadis.
All the beginnings are complicated, but do not worry, that you are going to dominate it immediately.
It is recommended, as Estua says, do postprandial controls at two hours, or two and a half hours of having eaten.
On the other hand, your intuition does not deceive you.If the posts are high, you are missing apidra.And if you are low on an empty stomach, you have something about Lantus.
See little by little and keep the changes for a couple of days or three.
Write down everything (doses, controls, special situations such as disease, stress, etc.) and so you can value better.

For everything else, here we continue.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo
07/07/2010 5:19 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
Imadis welcome, little by little you will control diabetes, I'm going to do 3 months on Sunday of my debut, and little by little I control, thanks to the forum I have learned a lot, here there are people who will help you a lot
Not wanting to vary dose is normal, I was happening to me, fear is losing it little by little, although I still are afraid of hypos, this will cost me
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
07/07/2010 5:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.