Little alvid and outrage

virginia's profile photo   08/02/2010 9:32 a.m.

Hello everyone:

This time I wanted to share with you "s what happened to me this weekend, in which I had a" little-free forgetting "in which I completely outraged myself.

The fact is that we went with some friend to eat a town at 30 km.Where we lived and when I went to put the bolus .... they crossed out ..... I had taken the dressing completely with the consequent exit of the catheter.At that time I was pale no .... the following since I fell into those Moomers that I had not brought the Humalog ball for what was without insulin and with the food almost at the table ....... and thereMy journey started ......

A friend of ours (who was at food) is a doctor so we took the car, we went to her house what was near the restaurant, thank God, she took the SS recipe book and made me a Humalog recipe.The scare was removed and with a relaxation face he took us to the only pharmacy on guard that was open ..... what is our surprise when the pharmaceutics jumps us:

- I don't have that insulin, orders are until 13.30 and Enciam are going on vacation, that is, I can't do anything, I'm sorry !!!

I believe that I died !!!!!And my medical friend's face was worse.Before I panic, he told me not to worry, that as in the town there is no hospital, the ambulatory had urgencies and that they surely put the dose that I needed and after eating I could go home to change theTeam ..... ha ha ha naive of us ....
We arrive at aurgences and the nurse tells us that they have no insulin, but that it will confirm it.He comes out with an Actrapid road and tells me that it is the only thing he has ..... Since I have never put on that insulin and I don't know how I could react ..... I have no choice but to leave my friend in theRestaurant, who is all eating and my husband and I travel the 30kms.That we had to our house to be able to change the team, click and eat.But not without the consequent digust and the consequent crying for carelessness (it is that I am of easy tear).The most ridiculous of all is that when I arrived at my house I was in 75, I don't know whether to walk so much e nerves ......

Anyway, I know that it is an unforgivable carelessness and that it fulfills it is mine but it seems really outrageous that in a "guard" pharmacy that is supposed to be for emergencies, they leave me lying.And even more outrageous than in an ambulatory, where they have an emergency office because the closest hospital is 10-15 km.They have nothing more than an actrapid road .......

I have certainly learned the lesson ...... It will not occur to me again or leave the house without them.And in the hypothetical case that I would happen again ...... And my house is far away ....... direct to the emergency department of the nearest host.It will not occur to me to waste time trying to solve it in another way.

virginia's profile photo
virginia
08/02/2010 9:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Pozi .... Wait for this anecdote Juanluis and makes it a beautiful story: Mrgreen:

Well, seriously, a can ... Sometimes it is better not to know in the hands of who we are.

Look on this side, at least if you have a hypoglycemia they will not prick you insulin: D

The pharmacy is normal, in a city like Valencia I have known cases of not having insulin in 1 pharmacy

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/02/2010 3:11 p.m.

Can you imagine a life without forgetting, stumbles, mistakes, etc.?A boredom ...!These are the things that when they happen, certainly, they cause you discomfort but that later become anecdotes that serve to laugh when we tell them.(You have to collect stories to tell our grandchildren one day).Something like that happened to us all, Virginia.And from each event of that type we get a new experience for our travel notebook.I, who am a bit "macgyver", I learned for a long time to take a simple syringe from those that were always used when insulin "punctured" can save you at a time like the one you had to live.Échala anywhere: in the bag, in the car, anywhere.Do not forget that the detachment of the catheter is something "normal."You will not always have the utensils for the change of the equipment but insulin if you have, you carry it in the pump.In those cases, you take the pump deposit, load your syringe and click as it was always done.

Happy summer.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/10/2010 3:38 p.m.

What reason you are veteran ..... how are the tables noticed .......
If it is true and I think so, that something positive can be taken out of everything ...... in this case the experience of sharing and knowing what to do next time .......
Although now I always carry the ball, I will do what you say ....... It costs me anything to buy half a dozen syringe and in a moneto since they can get me out of trouble .....

virginia's profile photo
virginia
08/11/2010 3:56 a.m.

Something for the style happened to me, we went to eat at a bar of tapas that we are usually going, and we ask for as always and I take myself to Labavo to put on the insu and cross out ......... which isMy sorpersa that had taken a ball that was no longer insu, total running out for the table where we were sitting and told my partner that I could not eat that I had brought me a ball that was empty and all the tapas were already inThe table, well we told the waiter that if I could put it to take that I had left the insulin hehe

barry's profile photo
barry
08/13/2010 10:17 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.