Operate myopia and diabetes

Figaro_enf's profile photo   08/04/2010 12:10 p.m.

Hello, I wanted to know if someone has operated to remove myopia or know someone who has done it being diabetic.I am considering doing it, but I am undecided because on the one hand the ophthalmologist who usually sees me told me that my eyes would dry out, but I don't see it a problem because there are artificial tears and I would only have just operated.On the other hand in the clinic where I have asked (Bavaria) they have told me that they usually operate diabetics and have no problems (or so they clear).I have no ocular complication but I am wrapped in fabric to take off my glasses, the retinas are complicated or God knows ...

Oscar, 33 years.DMI from 11 in Tto.With Lantus 28 and Lispro on demand.Last HBA1C 6.5

Figaro_enf's profile photo
Figaro_enf
08/04/2010 12:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Fígaro.
The operation of myopia does not touch the interior of the eye at all, much less the retina that is what worries you.It is a simple operation that consists of a simple cut that corrects the curvature of the eye, whose deformation causes myopia.All surgery implies a risk, but, for what you say, I think you are worried.
All the best.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/04/2010 1:22 p.m.

Although late, I have met the forum today, but I tell you my operation, to do it in 2005. I was 55 years old, almost 9 myopria diopters and 5 astigmatism, and using glasses since the age of 12.I was fed up with them, and I went to a particular clinic that had recommended me.I was with the fear of diabetes, and for more inri, when I did my clinical studies they also took me out of cataracts.I remember that my average sugar at those dates was between 200 and 250, and with everything they operated without putting any hit and knowing that I was diabetic, they put me intraocular lenses and I removed the cataracts.The operation in each eye about 30 minutes, with a difference of one week.Discomfort, discomfort, only the day of the operation, of dryness nothing, because they also gave me a columus, and not noticed anything, the discomfort was like when Arenilla enters you in the eye and it ends.After each operation I saw blurred by the operated eye, but at 3 or 4 hours, in a margin of about 2 or 3 minutes, almost suddenly, I saw perfectly the telext of the TV, the newspapers and magazines etc.

Since then I was free from the glasses, and two days ago, ophthalmologic recognition passes, and my vision remains the same, just a little tiredness of a view, which they regulated me with the lenses, because at that time the presbyopy was not yet oparable.

So if you have not yet operated, I personally advise you, because I was very wonderful, and if you have not done them, go to do it if you are willing, but always indicating your diabetes and your last readings.

nogal_21's profile photo
nogal_21
11/11/2010 3 p.m.

Hello!
I operated from myopia in October 2005.
I spent that little painful night (they did it with lasery, yes, it bothers a little) and the next day in the morning I saw perfectly !!!
Of course, the sun dazzles much more than before.
For the rest everything is perfect today, I still have 100% vision in each eye.(I had 4 on the left and 5.5 in the right).

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/12/2010 4:33 a.m.

hello
I wanted to comment on the month I am going to operate with myopia with intraocular lenses since teangers dieds and they have told me that I cannot.I think it doesn't have to affect diabetes but it gives me a little thing.
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
11/13/2012 11:44 a.m.

I think the operation is quite fast, do not worry much about that

Having little evolution time (9 years, I think) I don't think you have many healing problems, unless you have very bad control of diabetes forever.

DiabetesForo
11/13/2012 12:46 p.m.

I am operated in glaucoma (eye tension) and cataracts (they took advantage and took myopia).First they operated in glaucoma in one eye and after glaucoma and cataracts at the same time in the other.and after cataracts in the 1st eye. In the first and second operation I was low, but it was because of the glaucoma I hadThey sent the same day for home and on Monday I went to work they operated on a Thursday or on a Friday.
That said operation has its irrigation.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
11/13/2012 3:18 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

They have already given me the appointment, that Meaditooo Jeejej on December 14 operate from one eye and 21.
I have to do something with sugar or something? Simply control it very well noo?
all the best.

campanilla
11/16/2012 3:47 a.m.

I had not seen the thread: Oops:
My husband (Nick Juan Luis), has operated from Miopia 1 month and a half ago.He is type 1 diabetic since 2000 and everything has gone great.His lens have replaced him with a lens.The operation itself lasted approximately 8-10 minutes, between preparations and others a half hour.By the way, he operated at the Bavaria Clinic for DR.Bilbao, magnificent surgeon and great treatment, human and professional.And all the previous ones were made at the Castellana clinic by Dr. Alen, magnificent ophthalmologist.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/16/2012 4:29 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I also operate in the Bavaria clinic and I am operating Dr. Felix Gonzalez on the pageThe one who operates greet me super polite and super friendly so gave me enough onfianity but the truth that gives me a little scary hehe I do not like that that I touch my eyes hehe but he got almost since I was born with the glasses and I think thatIt's time to take them off and improve my vision
A health

campanilla
11/16/2012 5:19 a.m.

hello
I am asking you a question that shows you a silly Poko hehe I am very forofa of the Russian mountains and I would like to know if when I put on the intraocular lens I could reassemble.
Greetings thanks in advance!

campanilla
11/19/2012 5:32 a.m.

They have already given me the appointment, that meditooo jeejej on December 14 operate from one eye and 21.
I have to do something with sugar or something? Simply control it very well noo?
Greetings.

A one of the time they left me fasting from night, so I didn't insulin when I got up and before operating they made me a blood glucose and had 180 + or -, and said the doctor "of course if I don't put insulin.And we have put it serum is normal "but the better you are better controlled.

Hi¡¡¡¡
I am asking you a question that shows you a silly Poko hehe I am very forofa of the Russian mountains and I would like to know if when I put on the intraocular lens I could reassemble.
Greetings thanks in advance!

Last summer, 2011 I was in the Warner I mount in all the attractions that gave me time even in one in which a girl lost her glasses (the good thing is that she told us "sure I lose them" as not the father when heUnder the echo a anger piece ...)
Anyway, ask him and especially how long you have to wait after being newly operated because when I went to the park, more than 1 or 2 years had passed since the last operation.I also mount in shock cars

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
11/19/2012 3:26 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

hehe poor girl hehe.
I normally take the bonoparques and I usually go to the Warner in summer almost every Sunday afternoon. In any way I will not ride me until June or July next year I think it is quite a long time to be able to ride myself asI will ask anyway hehe
Thank you very much greetings

campanilla
11/20/2012 3:47 a.m.

Today I go to the Bavaria clinic to see if it is viable that the right eye operates with Lasik.

I comment because there is little information on the Internet on the subject (in Spanish).

In principle they have told me that people with diabetes do operate, but that of course you have to see each case in particular, complications, evolution of the disease ...

I will tell you.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/01/2015 1 p.m.

They operated myopia in the 2 eyes with Surjia Lasik will do about 12 years and without problems.

DiabetesForo
09/01/2015 7:51 p.m.

I operate 3 years ago in Clinica Dr Ramon Gutierrez, I went to several and did not want to operate because I was diabetic watching the reports and analytics since I started that they are good, but it was an evolution of 25 -year -old diabetes and they said it was a long time, heal better than many non -diabetic, all perfect.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/01/2015 8:58 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have already done all the tests and my cornea meets all the requirements to operate.

Regarding diabetes, I have only been asked when I did the last review in search of diabetic retinopathy, and to see if I have a good control.

I have been told that diabetes never has to be an impediment as long as there are no eye damage caused by it, since in the operation they only touquet the cornea, and behind the eye that is what diabetes punishes does not influence.

They have given me two alternatives: Lasik and Lasek.

Lasik is the one that does everyone, it does not hurt, a very fast recovery and within a few days you see perfectly.

Lasek is less popular, since the postoperative period is much more screwed, you have to wear a slow one week, the first days hurts, and the view is gradually recovering, perhaps it takes a month or two to see 100 %.

I have opted for LASEK since it is recommended if you are going to do activities or professions in which you can wear blows in the eyes.In my case with my profession and my love of contact sports, it is clear.
With this technique the cornea really fucks less since only clicks it a little by changing the form, instead with lasik they explained that it is done in another way in which you then carry a strong blow you can "take off" a chub ofcornea...

And little else, at the end of the month I open, I already have an appointment.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/02/2015 5:14 p.m.

How is the @Arotorias theme, have you already operated?
I also comment that I wanted to operate but I am very afraid that in some places I see that they do not operate diabetics and in others if, that's why I hope the business does not lead to act in bad faith.
I would be with intraocular lentilla because my eye is a bit special.If anyone has done this method, everything is fine?It is that I have seen online that it must cause a lot of dryness .. in D¡fin I hope you can convince me because I am very fed up with the glasses already.

Greetings

yonm's profile photo
yonm
10/24/2015 6:53 p.m.

DM1 junio 2014
lantus 8 unidades

That of dryness depends on each person, I have operated almost a month ago and I never put artificial tear because I do not notice any dryness in the eye.
They have told me that it is normal to use artificial tear up to much 3 or four months after the operation.

That of dryness for a lifetime is usually a story to scare people.

My operation has come out perfect, when using LASEK I am slowly recovering the vision, almost a month after I operate I see much better of how I saw before the operation.I await within another month have 100% visual acuity.

I have operated at the Bavaria Clinic, 895 euros (one eye).By telling the doctor that I have diabetes I don't know if they did an extra test, but come on, they look at you a thousand things before deciding that you are a suitable candidate.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/24/2015 11:33 p.m.

Hello, every person who wants to operate from myopia should read the affected page of refractive surgery is not easy and the risk is not negligible

pickmalion's profile photo
pickmalion
11/08/2015 8:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.