live abroad

rasputin's profile photo   08/07/2010 6:34 p.m.

Greetings to all,

I am new in the forum and I would like to greet everyone and thank the people who put their advice
To help all people who have had to live with this disease ...
I am 28 years old, 7 since "debut", my last hemo is 5.5%, my controls are usually low, and soil
have hypoglycemia with relative frequency .... The latter is what worries me most, since
After month I am going to live in the United Kingdom, I would like to know if someone in the forum has done this
And as was his experience, if it was easy to get insulin, strips, see an endocrine ...
I hope someone can help me.

Thank you very much to everyone.

rasputin's profile photo
rasputin
08/07/2010 6:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, welcome

Rasputin and are you going to England? ... better to Russia, right?: Mrgreen:

The first recommendation is to contact the Spanish embassy and explain how health works there.
I imagine you will have to get your health card, I think it's valid for 2 years:

These 2 websites are what I usually recommend:

In your case, there are more information here (not too specific)

In general you should not have problems, being a western country access to everything we need does not have to generate problems, as long as you are steep by foresight.
The people I have met that they have gone to GBR usually have problems ... Beyond that food is fish and chips and tea :))

As for hypoglycemia, it is something that normally depends on oneself ... you know, sugar, juices, glucosport + glucometer and strips always carry them on.
And perhaps, if you have a tendency to large hypos, you could consider carrying an identifying plaque in English ... at least the first months.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/08/2010 5:03 a.m.

Hi Owash,

Thank you very much for your answer, and for the links, I have been very useful.
The truth is that I have left Spain many times but always on weekend trips,
Not as long as I have planned now, and that makes me begin to worry.
In England I have been 5 times, but I have never spent more than a week of travel there
Food for me is not so bad, it is not clear to the Spanish.
I imagine that getting strips and insulin will not be so different from what our system is ...
Everything will be to live and meet him.

All the best

rasputin's profile photo
rasputin
08/08/2010 6:27 p.m.

If you've already been there, then there are no major problems ... you just have to ensure how health works there, I imagine that if you are going to work, you will have covered medical insurance ... but we better explain it to you in theembassy.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/09/2010 12:22 p.m.

Hello good night, I have a question, if someone can help me. I am married to a Spanish and we have a bébé that also has the Spanish nationality, and I have the permanent sum of 5 years, we plan to go to live in England, pour my myI have asked for the visa and they gave it to me for 6 months.He asks me: can I go to live there with them? And are they going to give me a permission to stay if my European family?Thank you

imane's profile photo
imane
10/07/2013 8:09 p.m.

Hello good morning, I wanted to get a doubt if someone can help me.I am from Argentina and I am starting plans to live in Brazil, and I want to know what it is with the issue of getting inputs, etc., every month.I don't know where to find out or to talk to.If someone is here and can help me, I will be grateful.

lucia956's profile photo
lucia956
02/11/2014 3:33 p.m.

Good to all!My name is already published that a pleasure.I am very grateful that they have created a forum of this style because for these, and many other cases becomes quite useful
My question today is: I'm going to live in Chile in a few months and I don't know how to do insulin.For me, and I think that for anyone with this disease, a real concern.I would like to know how I can get insulin there, how much they let me pass at the airport and things like that.

I understand that I must go first where a doctor who makes me a report and a recipe to buy it, but I will have no problems in the pharmacy when buying it?for all that of not having a foreign cedula etc.

I hope you can help me, thank you!good day!

Andrea Cardozo's profile photo
Andrea Cardozo
03/05/2017 6:03 p.m.

Hi Lucia
I am from Brazil and my husband is diabetic.Here what happens that the public health is bad, as I think it already knows.But you can have strips and insulin gives the most basic without paying.But you have to have the legalization and bring medical documents and relative and aim an appointment the "Saude post" of your residence.
If you have more doubts you can write to me for mail.Luciana1977@gmail.com

luciana1977's profile photo
luciana1977
06/17/2018 1:25 a.m.

Good morning to all!I want to know if anyone has moved from one country to another, and as it did with insulin, reactive strips and others, some medical treatment ... whatever.I am considered to go from Argentina and I want to know if I can get insulin and strips in another country.Please, if you can contact me on WhatsApp at +5493412241834 since this issue is essential to take a decision.Thank you all for your help.

gruiz21's profile photo
gruiz21
04/06/2021 7:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.