Breakfast and hyperglycemia

tica's profile photo   08/11/2010 3:50 a.m.

Hello,

I can't control the postprandial glycemia of breakfast.I usually get around 100. I get 5u from Humalog, I wait 15 minutes and breakfast a glass of milk (semi -remained) and an integral toast with sugar jam (very little quantity) and at the time I am 250. Then low to a glycemianormal.Before breakfast Maria cookies and even more.What Soleis Dsayunar?I know it's just an hour with high sugar, but how are every day ...

tica's profile photo
tica
08/11/2010 3:50 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, one of two or you have the jam, or you lack fast, try one day to breakfast without jam, that although it does not have added sugars, it does not mean that it does not have them;)

All the best

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/11/2010 4:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am not missing, because at two hours I am fine: P I have also tried to take away the jam and na de na ... It must be because of the glymic index of food, you know if the whole milk has less Ig than thesemi -denied?

tica's profile photo
tica
08/11/2010 5:03 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, if you are fine at two hours, what is the problem?It seems to me that measuring at the time is not advisable ... even non -diabetics have increases when eating ..... the important thing is that at two hours it is normalized.

DiabetesForo
08/11/2010 5:11 a.m.

Tica, I don't remember whether you have a bomb or not.If yes, try up the basal of half an hour to an hour before breakfast and up to an hour or an hour and a half later, with it you will not need to wait for breakfast (we never wait, except that it lifts it with hyperglycemia)and you will avoid being that high time ...
If you do not have a bomb, or what Prado says, or wait for some more time once the insulin is placed to cover the breakfast with the quick ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
08/11/2010 8:01 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I agree with Prado, getting glycemia when eating does not make sense except that there are symptoms of hypoglycemia ... The duration of ultrarapid insulin is between 2 and 3 hours ... So to know if we have adjusted well the insulinWith food we have to wait those 2-3 hours.

On the other hand, insulin needs, in general, are usually higher in the morning than in the afternoon ... still eating the same.

DiabetesForo
08/11/2010 11:41 a.m.

Hello!
I carry a continuous bomb and meter, but I would not have known that I did that peak after breakfast that only happens to me at breakfast (it does not happen to me at food or dinner).It does not appear to me that it makes no sense to try to avoid that climb that happens to me every day (I am not talking about an isolated day).

I will try the basal a little before getting up and a little later (I suppose what I get from the basal I have to remove it from the Bolus, no?)
The other option is not to have breakfast and lunch for the middle of the morning, but a toast feels so good in the morning: P

tica's profile photo
tica
08/11/2010 12:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I think I remember that glucose metabolization takes about two hours.After digesting it and moving to the blood, it cannot be used by the body, but must be transformed and stored in the liver.When he receives the order (so to speak) he transforms it again and pours it again to the blood, this time already usable.Therefore, up to two hours after eating glycemia is not relevant.
You all have more experience than me and more knowledge.I hope this data is useful to you, but contract them.
A hug.

DiabetesForo
08/11/2010 1:50 p.m.

As they say out there, you should try to leave the jam simply to try.

It would not be the first time that I had problems with things that "said they have no sugars."

berkgamp's profile photo
berkgamp
08/12/2010 7:38 a.m.

It is not that I have a lot of experience but tell you that I have breakfast 2 cookies Maria as soon as I get up (07.00h) and at 10 I look at me and I am at 110 - 130.
I usually eat a sandwich of 80 grams or 60 g of cereals (I am 1.80 and weight 72kg)
I don't know how much Farinacias you have to eat but you can try some cereals to see how.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/12/2010 11:03 a.m.

Tica, you are already telling us how you go with the changes.I think the same as you, why have those figures if you can have the flatter blood glucose?Also with the meter and the bomb you have enough means to handle that situation well.If not for how much apparatus? ... of course I would not dispense with any food, in principle, surely with moving the basal you will get it, and yes, what you increase the basal take it away from the Bolus until you see how it is doing.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
08/12/2010 1:14 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

The same thing happens to me many times.The peak of after the breakfast of 200 is very recurring, although the truth does not happen to me every day.I always wake up between 80 and 100. The rest of the day, very rarely step of 140/150 in the postpandracials, although it eats pasta or paella ... but 200-210 at the hour or hour and a half after breakfast manySometimes anyone does not take it away ... Breakfast with semi milk and bread with oil and serrano ham, trying to keep the proportion of fats, hydrates and proteins well.Yesterday I achieved a 154 and the day before yesterday, but today I have given again 203, with the same prepondondrial figure, absolutely the same breakfast and the same fast dose as yesterday ... in less than an hour if I do control I will be perfect, as usual.What happens, in addition, is that if I get up quickly with breakfast, many times I do not avoid the peak and I have a hypo a while ... In short, a little complicated the postpondrial breakfast, as @tica says

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/25/2016 11:27 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@Ica I have been watching since I debuted.I climb 250 at the time but around 2.5 hours of having breakfast I am inside my threshold.He has not uploaded me during the holidays because I have had breakfast about 10:00 or later, one day of diary is 6:30 or 7:00 and as today, I do not book to see in free 250 ...
My endo told me that the important thing is to be within an acceptable value at two hours of having started eating.
Do not take off the jam, what I did was add butter the whole wheat bread and I saw that I climbed a little less and lately I bought diabalance bread (it is a bit gummy) and if the peak is softer.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/27/2016 2:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.