hello!!!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/19/2010 3:45 p.m.

Hello everyone, my name is Arantxa and I am 39 years old, I really do not know how to continue, because although I just debuted as a diabetics, I still do not have the diagnosis of the type that is ..... I tell you .......The Saturday, August 7 after finding myself for a long time (but I didn't give importance since I have 3 young children) because that night I urinated a lot, I was working (work in hospital in the night shift), I made myselfA blood glucose and my surprise was brutal ..... 305 ..... I spent the fatal Sunday of the nerves I carried, I did not even dare to eat anything, on Monday to the head doctor ... I got 250 soThe next day the analytics, that Monday that said I painted as type 1, and I stayed stone ... (Tell you that my mother is diabetic since I was born, debuted at age 24, I mean almost 40 years being diabetic)So everything I have seen at home came suddenAs I would manage with my children, ... but well .... All that were only my first thoughts, I think I am a quite strong person, and after the days I was seeing different ..... I was with a quite written diet and I was taking the glycemia at work, which went down every day until they had 105, 2 hours after dinner, 97 at 3 in the morning and 121 at 7 in the morning ...... On Tuesday I returned to the results of the analysis and well, a little downturn since the hemo came out to 10.2, but hey, I was already more aware that something is wrong ....... for now IHe waited halfway after the meals and a half after the dinners, I started yesterday, today in the middle of the morning I was somewhat picked up, but until tomorrow I will not pick up the measurement apparatus, today the letter for the enclose has also reached me, for theThursday, that comes, so it will be he who diagnoses me the type of diabetes .................... As after the storm comes calm, now I am optimisticAnd besides ... that the world does not end! ........ my little stick is that I have not yet told my family, although my friends, but especially my mother scares me, he is going to dislike a lot, and crying is not doing well for the eyes, ... for the spills, so I will wait to say that the endo says.

I am sorry to have put this tocho, but I am from science, and everything that is written, lies and I no longer know how to abbreviate.Greetings for everyone and see you here

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/19/2010 3:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ARI, welcome.

Do not worry too much about what you have seen in your mother.He thinks that a few years ago there was not even the quality of control we have now.Best insulins, reliable glucometers, pumps, etc.
Now any diabetic who has a little discipline and learns to handle his illness, does not have to have complications.And here you have us for all the doubts that arise.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/19/2010 4:33 p.m.

Hi ARI, welcome to the forum.

The truth is that it does look like type 1 ... although it will be the analyzes who confirm it.
I am a little surprised by what they have scheduled ... especially without being able to confirm if you still have insulin reserves or if you are type 2.
But well, the endo suppose it will already be paid definitively.

The dizziness you say may be because glycemia is normalized ... Eat carbohydrates both in food and dinner because eukreas serves to lower meal glycemia (lasts about 2-3 horites).
If the dizziness is repeated, stop taking it and go to the doctor ... a possibility you have is lactic acidosis.

Well, I hope it's nothing more .... You'll tell us how you take it.

DiabetesForo
08/19/2010 5:30 p.m.

Welcome ARI !!

Do not get depressed, because as they have told you now there is a very reliable technology, and good insulin, not as 40 years ago.In addition, look at it on the good side, you will take the energy that you were missing because of not knowing about your diabetes.;)
Chili encourage!

Nita_Wave's profile photo
Nita_Wave
08/19/2010 6:48 p.m.

Thank you all for the welcome ......... This morning I have gone to collect the measurement apparatus, they have given me the lancetas, but it has told me that I have to buy them in the pharmacy, to meMother give them to the same health center, and you? ... it was very early and I did not feel like arguing, I will speak it when I go for strips .......... See you here, I have been reading for several days and I see that you are true experts and I have a lot of doubts ........

DiabetesForo
08/20/2010 6:53 a.m.

Hi ARI, Welcome !!!!!

Nor do the lancets give us either, it is the only thing I have to buy.

DiabetesForo
08/20/2010 7:50 a.m.

Yes, the lancetas must be bought.:/

Nita_Wave's profile photo
Nita_Wave
08/20/2010 9:10 a.m.

Hello aris, do not overwhelm you already save what diabetes is for your mother, she will help you and you will put your batteries on the subject since you work in a hospital ask for help to professionals.:-/
I remind you that the endocrine will give you a meter, encourage.8)
Health.: D

DiabetesForo
08/20/2010 12:24 p.m.

My daughter does give the lancetas.
I don't just understand those differences between communities.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/20/2010 1:04 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaa,
ARI, welcome,
You will see how little by little you understand everything, and your mother will take it well
Here the lancetas, strips and needles are free, we just have to pay insulin
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
08/20/2010 5:28 p.m.

In Valencia Lancetas is the only thing paid.

The price paid per lancet is 0.0156 (laboratory sale price, not sale to the public)
That is, if we used 1 lancet every day = 365*0.0156 = 6 euros a year.

In the Valencian Community there are about 400,000 people diagnosed with diabetes, which would mean an expense of 2277600, if we take into account that many type 2 are made 1-2 controls a week (and now less because they do not give them strips) and the type1 We change the lancet every 3-4 days (as little), perhaps the annual cost of this material would easily be around half a million euros

If there are about 3 million people with diagnosed diabetes in Spain, they leave about 17 million euros/year .... It is quite likely that with 5-6 million euros there will be free lancets for all of Spain.

The differences between the communities are marked by the government of each area, the transfers in health matters are made 100% so that each autonomic government makes its layer a sayo ... and much more in economic minutiae such as lancetas.

DiabetesForo
08/21/2010 5:43 a.m.

Well, at least, I have free lancets.I'm from Cádiz, so I don't know if you will have something to do with the Junta de Andalucía with that ...

Patrickusaf's profile photo
Patrickusaf
08/22/2010 2:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.