Hello, I'm new

marta_tipoI's profile photo   08/22/2010 6:53 p.m.

Hello, my name is Marta, I am 20 years old and I am Type I diabetics two years ago, I click the Apidra (Fast) and Lantus (slow) I have been diet for 5 months and managed to lower 11 kg and stay at 55 kg since I diet practically notIt is necessary to click on a fast insulin and slowly 6 since I have it quite well controlled ... and I also exercise two or three times a week.But it cost me a lot to accept my illness, luck of my boyfriend.Sometimes I think how unfortunate I am, if I will have it easy to be a mother?, The impotence that gives me not to be able to eat what I want at any time .. and above all the fear of everything that can happen to the measure of theTime step ..
Anyway I have given myself a gift and I have eaten a whole small cheese cake, and a Sanwich with mayonnaise and mogollon of fats and hydrates but one day is a day ... (I am waiting for the two hours of later to spendFrom dinner to measure myself to see what is the result, I have punctured 11 to see what happens ...) towards many months that I did not do anything and I needed a little sugar now I feel guilty but good.I liked this space a lot since I had not seen many diabetic forums ..
Greetings to all

marta_tipoI's profile photo
marta_tipoI
08/22/2010 6:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Marta.

It's great to have that support in your boyfriend.Anyway, you are doing very well, for what I read.

To be a mother, the only thing that they will demand is that you carry good control, with hemoglobins that do not rise from 6.5 or 7. You can have the children that you would not have to be diabetic.

As for eating from time to time an extra, remove the feeling of guilt.What you need is to learn to handle insulin with those extras, and you can pay tribute from time to time.It is not advisable to do it often (but it is not in non -diabetics either)
If you know how much insulin you need for hydrates, it is easy.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/22/2010 7:56 p.m.

Welcome, Marta.
I have to add little to what Alea has told you.
In this forum there are many super happy diabetic moms and with wonderful and healthy children, so you should not worry, just take care of yourself.
It is good to pay tribute from time to time, you have to take into account the fats and the glycemic index, in addition to the hydrates.I hope that in the Port of dinner you were fine.
A kiss.

DiabetesForo
08/23/2010 4:54 a.m.

Hello girls, thank you very much for your answers, the truth is that they are appreciated when new for this world ... hehe

After dinner yesterday was 70 hehe

Well any will ask you .. Thank you very much for your attention

a kiss

marta_tipoI's profile photo
marta_tipoI
08/23/2010 5:32 p.m.

Hello gorgeous!!!!I have already seen that your glycemia after that supercena was great, ..................... stay here, you'll see that there are people who know a lot about diabetes andThey can help you with your doubts .....

DiabetesForo
08/24/2010 8:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.