Diabetics and types of diets

Nita_Wave's profile photo   08/23/2010 11:31 a.m.

About 8-9 months ago, my diet is ovolactavegetariana and I would like to know if any of you carry some of these diets, whether semi-man-vegetarian, vegetarian, ovolactovegetariana, or vegan and how you take it.

Nita_Wave's profile photo
Nita_Wave
08/23/2010 11:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I'm afraid we are here from chuletones :))
that there are people from León and Asturias and have good calves: Mrgreen:

I leave you a couple of links that I had around:

As the 2 articles point out, you have to look at the issue of proteins ... Do not forget that one of nustros target organs for complications is the kidney and it has to do a lot with proteins

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/24/2010 3:18 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaa,
I only know the vegetarian diet, the others do not even sound to me, but since I am from the north I follow the diet of the chuleton, hahahaha
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
08/24/2010 3:46 p.m.

I think there is a foreras that is vegetarian.Let's see if it enters and tells you.
We are omnivorous, such as monkeys or bears, so I can't tell you much either.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/24/2010 4:17 p.m.

Hi Nita_wave,

I have an ovoctostarian diet and very occasionally consume some fish but less and less.With this diet I am doing very well, I taught me a bit to balance my educator in diabetes and my endocrine but is not complicated.

I like the way of living of vegans very much but I see something extremely difficult to do it, I don't know, perhaps because nobody never found that together the two worlds, the vegan world and world diabetes: D

All the best.

AnaPp's profile photo
AnaPp
08/27/2010 5:11 a.m.

If they take away my flesh, it is not worth living: mrgreen :: mrgreen:

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
09/02/2010 7:12 a.m.

Hello,
I respect all vegetarian diets, vegan ... but I have always read that eating a little of everything is good, especially fish better than meat
I could not follow those diets, here in the north we eat a lot

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/02/2010 8:01 p.m.

And are you not worth living to those animals?(This is a topic that does not come to mind ..;))
I also like less and fish.
I respect everything ... you can get all the nutrients, vitamins and others from many foods taken from the earth.They are even healthier than those of animal origin.
Everyone knows what his body needs.;): D

Nita_Wave
09/04/2010 10:23 a.m.

Hello!

An interesting topic, lately I talk a lot about this with a co -worker.

I like meat and fish, but it is true that I try to reduce the amounts and replace them with other ingredients, such as the tofu.There is a very interesting magazine (almenos for me, Jeejjeje) that is called vegetarian cuisine.Talk about these issues and give very rich recipes that we can all include in our usual diet, eat meat or not.And besides, your mind opens and teaches you other life and food styles.

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
09/06/2010 5:57 a.m.

Hello!

An interesting topic, lately I talk a lot about this with a co -worker.

I like meat and fish, but it is true that I try to reduce the amounts and replace them with other ingredients, such as the tofu.There is a very interesting magazine (almenos for me, Jeejjeje) that is called vegetarian cuisine.Talk about these issues and give very rich recipes that we can all include in our usual diet, eat meat or not.And besides, your mind opens and teaches you other life and food styles.

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
09/06/2010 5:57 a.m.

That fish are friends, that they are not food ................... hehehe

At least I tell mine .......... and tapo with a savanna the day that touches fish at home: Mrgreen:

Now seriously, I like everything, but I try to be meat for a couple of days a week, the rest fish.And, of course, fruit and/or vegetables in all meals.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
09/07/2010 5:12 a.m.

A lot that did not enter here ...
I return to action with this thread because two days ago I have the results of my analytics and I must say that everything is going!
When I wrote this post, I had an ovo-lactavegetarian diet (apart from vegetables, cereals, legumes, they eat derived from egg and milk).Now I have a vegan diet (no ingredient of animal origin is consumed, and not only in food, but in general life)
You can perfectly have a diet of that style perfectly, knowing what your body needs and how to supplement it.:)

Nita_Wave
11/03/2011 3:31 p.m.

You can perfectly get a diet of that style perfectly, knowing what your body needs and how to supplement it.: ...

I am funny that expression.How do you know what your body "needs"?Because I'm afraid that is impossible.If you ask him, he does not answer.And you can only see an analytical, which is absolutely partial and it is not indicative of whether you are missing or do not miss certain chemical components that the body needs.
I - as several have expressed in this thread - I am also of the opinion that you have to eat of everything.Of course, little meat, that we already know that it is not good to abuse it.
Although what I do recognized is that the food is so technified and processed today that I always think that it probably has something to do (along with the pollution that surrounds us), with the high cancer index we suffer.But stop eating everything and going to eat only certain foods for my humble opinion, it is not the solution.Well, forgiveness, I get out of the tangent ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/04/2011 7:52 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

It is about knowing how to replace the properties given by the ingredients of animal origin with those of plant origin.
As of everything, except any ingredient of animal origin.
Not because they are omnivorous, carnivores (I know more than one@ that feeds on meat ..) to a greater or lesser extent, it means being contributing to its body vitamins, amino acids, lipids, minerals, etc ... that needs.
Vegans, vegetarians, etc., we don't just eat lettuce.It is a pity that there are individuals who decide to move on to vegetarianism without informing and learn about a good diet, and by these individuals it is generalized ...
Each one is free to feed in the way that creates more convenient ...
Live and let live.

Nita_Wave
11/04/2011 8:18 a.m.

Anita,
You sent me a message thinking that I did the diet that you comment, it is anapp, in a post above it appears, I am glad that your analysis has left perfect, to continue like this
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/04/2011 9:15 a.m.

I am not 100%vegan, but I do try that at least at home my diet approaches a lot.Red meat never (hormones and antibiotics to mogollón), almost never white meat and very little fish.As it says, it is about replacing the properties given by animal proteins and fats with others of plant origin.At first it is complicated, but you are already knowing the macro and micronutrients that each food has.I am doing very well!

Laura Fernández's profile photo
Laura Fernández
06/10/2019 2:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.