Fuerteventura .....

Nita_Wave's profile photo   08/23/2010 11:38 a.m.

Hello!
I would like to know if in the north of Fuerteventura or even Puerto del Rosario, if there is any good endocrine.Not yet a year ago I live here and apparently the header is like a little passage.And the services of the ambulatory to which I have to go are a bit limited ... I only tell you that the head doctor is the one who made me a cytology ...
And that if there is someone from the island, to manifest!: P

Nita_Wave's profile photo
Nita_Wave
08/23/2010 11:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Anita.I see that lately you appear in many forums and I didn't know whether to answer you all or do it here alone.Better the second.
We go in parts.Fuerteventura, as you will have proven, is very small.Do not look for many endocrine.The best thing you can do is go to the General Hospital, on the road to the airport.There is a private clinic in Puerto del Rosario, the Fuerteventura Clinical Center, which also hosts in Grande Tarajal, to the south.But it will not be easy to find an endocrine there.
And now, the bomb.As my nickname indicates, I am a veteran firefighter.I have been for more than eight years.A couple of years ago I wanted to "unwill" a season to rest and not hold more than a month.My dependence is almost total.But it's my case, Anita.Yours and that of others are different.We are all different (fortunately).Who can better tell you if the pump can be the appropriate solution for you is your endocrine.Because of sitting that you have an endocrine that knows your illness well and the possible solutions to control it.
If you have many hypos and hyper, the bomb would help you a lot.There is no doubt.But first we should study whether the control you carry is the theoretically, correct.If the food set + exercise + insulin is balanced.Chupao, truth!
What you have to understand is that diabetes is a complex disease that in many cases is very difficult to know in depth and control it well.An old diabetic, a pioneer in the thing of computer science, told me that for years he had been introducing different parameters of his illness and analyzing results and never came to understand why the sudden up and down were produced.That said, diabetes is complex and very personal.
The water and the pump.Fatal.That simple.I imagine (or have I read it somewhere?) That you are a lot with a table above the water.If you are in Fuerteventura you will be in glory, right?The west coast of the island is for you paradise.The pump is an electronic pot that, like all electronic devices, gets very bad with water.And that nobody tells you stories about amphibious bombs.The best of all can endure a small ratic among the waves, but nothing more.And as the pump is connected by an adhesive dressing, because that, which is easy to take off.And it is not a matter of walking and removing the dressing two or three times a day.(It is normal to take the same dressing for three days, approximately.)
The pump and coconut.Insulin bomb means "get hooked to a pot."Or, if you prefer, "have a pot hooked."When you are fully convinced that your life (or at least, your quality of life) depends on the bomb, squeeze your teeth, masculous a few curses, and keep walking ... but if you are not sure, the first change you hits youA pull and keep it on the bedside table.The pump is not the toy of a while.It is forever ... I met a girl who endured only three days.I didn't support her.Doctors know it and that's why they don't "recipe them" easily.
Look, Anita, I propose a game: take an old mobile, love a fine rope of almost a meter in length and the other end of the rope hold you with a tape to the belly, to the thigh, wherever you want.24 hours a day.And then tell us how you live and how you manage ...
And this veteran, as always, has rolled again.A thousand forgives.
A cordial greeting to all.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/25/2010 2:05 p.m.

Very good veteran.
When you say that I appear in many forums, I deduce that you mean that I intervene in a lot of threads of this forum ... :) since diabetics is the only one I enter (for now).
This morning I talked to my header and has not recommended me at all the endo of the General Hospital.What better goes to the other private, that there is a endo (it is seen that it comes from time to time to Fuerteventura) that is good or so says.
Obviously each one is unique and his body works at his pace.I like to have different opinions, in this case with respect to the bombs.I think the bomb and I are not compatible just for a reason .. the water!
Yes, the truth is that in Fuerteventura you are not bad.I am in the north of the island.This is like a mini-hawaii: P
I will try to make the game hook a mobile as if it were a bomb.So long is the path through the pump insulin to your body?And the device itself, do you also take it to the body somehow?
Veteran don't worry about your "Royo", it has helped me a lot!What better for all than a few wise words of a veteran connoisseur?;)
Greetings!!

Nita_Wave's profile photo
Nita_Wave
08/26/2010 9:08 a.m.

Good night Anita.You are right, I did not refer to several forums but several threads of this forum.Computer terminology is entangled from time to time.
I envy you for not being able to be on that beautiful island.I know her, I've been there on two or three occasions.Someone from the family spent three years.I guess you will be in Corralejo.Or maybe in the west, on the beaches of El Roque or El Cotillo.I was aimed at any of those places right now.When you pass through the door of Uncle Bernabé, in Corralero, near the port, take some wrinkle potatoes or some "delicacies" ... and remember me.
Another thing.I suppose your health care will be in charge of Social Security (there Canary Health Service).If you go to a particular endocrine and you propose to put the bomb, in principle, you will not have problems.The problem will arise later, when you claim the SS to provide you consumables for the pump.Keep in mind that approximately every three days, the catheter and insulin reservoir must be changed.Total, ten games a month.Around 300 euros.Calculate the steps well and follow the right order to avoid reaching a dead end.
And the game of trying something similar to the bomb.The pump is the size of a mobile, more or less.Where do you place it?I carry it hooked to the belt by means of a kind of clamp just like many have hung the phone.The vast majority of women (who do not usually wear a belt) hang it from the center of the bra, in the center.In that hole that creates the dress they wear it without noticing much.Logically, girls who have little chest must look for another place.There are those who take it to the thigh with a kind of league.I know a boy who carries him on the back.That's why I told you to do the test.As the bomb tank comes out the duct that takes insulin to the body, the length of this duct depends on where you carry the pump and where you connect the catheter.From my waist to the half thigh where I usually connect there will be a couple of palms.My catheter measures 60 cm.If you place the pump in the bra and connect it on the outside of the thigh, it is very possible that you need an 110 cm tube.Do you get an idea?
Remember that you have to go 24 hours.You can disconnect it to shower and little else.In the bed it is usually fun (and do not misunderstands).I mean that depending on where and how you hang it together with the posture in which you usually sleep and to move a lot or little while sleeping, it can be cumbersome to no more or may not create any problem.Well, you try.
If you want to see what the pump and infusion equipment is like a look at this page

On this page the Medtronic bomb appears, which is possibly the most used, and all its accessories, infusion equipment, etc.

Greetings from Alicante.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/26/2010 6:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.