Greetings, my mail manumoterodel57@hotmail.com

manuel's profile photo   08/24/2010 7:18 a.m.

My name is Manuel I am 52 years old and for three months I am diabetic (Mellitus) I have had to change all my life habits, I am a bit depressed but I will overcome it. Thank you for this forum.

manuel's profile photo
manuel
08/24/2010 7:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Helloaaaa,
Manuel, welcome to the forum, a lot of encouragement, at first it becomes a little hard, but you will see how little by little you are better, here there are very nice people, do not hesitate to ask doubts, among all we will advise you
Greetings,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
08/24/2010 7:35 a.m.

Hi Manuel !!!!!!!!!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/24/2010 8:41 a.m.

Hi, Manuel.
I have read you in another section and I can only tell you that your new lifestyle seems hard, but in the long run it is more rewarding, because health always compensates.
In addition, insulin will allow you to give you some whim, so nothing of dances or depression, which we all know how to enjoy.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/24/2010 11:51 a.m.

Thanks for your support, in this forum I feel like in a big family

manuel's profile photo
manuel
08/24/2010 1:55 p.m.

Welcome to the forum, Manuel !!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
08/25/2010 7:05 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Manuel is not bad.He thinks you'll continue doing what you like.I made a little debuted and hehehe looks at the same night that they gave me the high athI live 15 days (what nerves).
The impediments are put by you do not diabetes.
A hug

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/25/2010 9:10 a.m.

Hello, I am also new: it is the first time I get in touch with people who like me have diabetes or a son/daughter who suffers from it.
I want to thank you for all the information you provide with your writings that has served me a lot to learn about insulin bombs and especially for giving me the opportunity to feel accompanied to find you.
I am 42 years old and Type 1 diabetes for five years, which seems to be something strange.I live quite limited for fear of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia and I have gone from being a daring and adventurous person to the opposite.Therefore and because I want to have more freedom I would like my endocrine to accept putting the insulin bomb.I have the appointment with her on October 27 and I am afraid that he refuses to settle it.I live in Holland without medical insurance and my only option is to go to Spain so that through Social Security the endocrine put it.I have 11 -year -old twins and a 22 daughter who live with me and her father and is a lotAccept to put the bomb? Does anyone know if in Madrid Social Security covers the bomb I see from Medtronic and the Minlik?Does anyone know the cost of the Minlik and what it costs to maintain it?Thank you .MARAVISA

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
08/26/2010 6:56 a.m.

Maravisa ... I hope I don't bother what I'm going to say:

I think you must go to the doctor where you live and work.It is one thing to be a season out of home and it is normal for you to attend to you and give you all possible means to overcome a disease.But being living out of Spain (you don't say how many years you have been in Holland) and expect a security doctor (from Spain) to assign you a free insulin bomb ... Well, I see it complicated.It is a very expensive "pot", and of course the diabetics that we carry have not left us for free ... with everything we pay for social security gives us to buy a few bombs a year.And I am not saying that you have to have accounts of what is paid and what you receive in return: the one that needs it most to receive more (and being diabetics I do not think we go badly stopped ..., unfortunately)

In my opinion, my endocrine would not assign you the bomb.In addition, the first month one tires of making visits to the endocrine, nurses, educators and living in Holland you have it complicated ....

tica's profile photo
tica
08/26/2010 10:01 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Maravisa, as Tica says, it is very complicated that they assign you a bomb ...

It is not simply to plug the machine and that's it ...
There is a previous preparation and scheduled follow -up ...
After the issue of consumables ... normally patients must go to the hospital for them, I do not know any case to be sent home, so even less outside of Spain ...
The pumps, in Spain, are not owned by patients but from the hospital and it gives them to the patients they consider appropriate (under criteria already fixed).
They are not unlimited resources, even if they do not say each hospital, the number of bombs it puts per year and the economic and profitability criteria also use them are limited.

The subject of the continuous meter ... in Spain is not financed, except for very specific cases.
Its approximate cost is about 1000 euros the meter and about 300 euros in consumables each month.

DiabetesForo
08/26/2010 11:27 a.m.

Hi: Thank you very much for attending to my message.I don't know that I want the pump for free to take advantage of social security.I also pay my quotas.I travel to Spain every three months to go to the doctor because it does not arrive to pay private insurance here.I realize the reaction that causes my strange case ... but thanks for your opinion.
I also appreciate the data of the continuous glucose and consumable meter cost.Greetings.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
08/26/2010 3:57 p.m.

Hello: Thank you very much for attending to my message.:?Do not think I want the free bomb to take advantage of social security.I also pay my quotas.I travel to Spain every three months to go to the doctor because it does not arrive to pay private insurance here.I realize the reaction that causes my strange case ... but thanks for your opinion.
I also appreciate the data of the continuous glucose and consumable meter cost.Greetings.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
08/26/2010 4 p.m.

Being diabetic has its advantages because it forces to lead a healthy and orderly life.It is not so bad, but it takes time to assimilate it.In addition, many things are learned along the way.Courage you have done more difficult things.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
08/26/2010 4:03 p.m.

Hello, amazed.
If you pay social security in Spain and you usually come, you should not have problems (at least no more than the others) in which the bomb is granted.Of course, as they have already told you, it takes their time, if they grant it to you, for preparation and, porteriorly, the adaptation to the pump.
If you can have that time, try it.I would do it.

Telling which part of Spain you come and maybe we can guide you on more "benevolent" endocrine in the concession of bombs.

Welcome home.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/26/2010 7:32 p.m.

Hi Alea: Thank you,: D I go to the Community of Madrid, but thinking about what you tell me about the multiple visits after the installation of the pump, maybe I must settle for the feathers, because going and coming, I will complicateLife.Now I am injected from 22 to 25 novorapid units during the day and 10 units of Levemir at night;I try to measure myself as little as possible.I make a diet of about 2500 kilocalories.I try to exercise daily and drink a lot of water.I am not doing badly but almost every day I have some descent and upload that when doing the analysis is compensated one thing for another and they go well, although for me it is difficult because I must be very focused on doing everything right and still sometimes fail.I think the problem is that I have stopped weighing food and I calculate it by eye.I will have to start weighing them again.: Shock:
Greetings and have willpower, which is the most important thing to carry diabetes and so many other things in life ...

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
08/27/2010 3:22 p.m.

Why do you try to measure you as little as possible?It seems to me that with more measures, better control and, therefore, less complications and more security.
Do not discard the bomb, but wait for more favorable circumstances.In any case, one of the requirements is precisely enough controls and dominate the diet by portions.
I do not know if you know this website, but it passes it because it is very good as a guidance:

Health

DiabetesForo
08/27/2010 7:37 p.m.

Do not hesitate to look at you, if I don't do it.I am not an expert but the slow insulin is not very little what do you wear?I get 17 and my hendo tells me that it is the one that makes you stable does not make peaks or down the fast is the one you have to have the most eye

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/28/2010 8:28 p.m.

You are right Quim, with caution I will upload the levemir and lower the Novomix's dossis.Yesterday night I was injected with Levemir and I got up with 165, still too high.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
08/29/2010 2:51 a.m.

Thanks for the page, it is clear and interesting.I am encouraged to improve when carbohydrate, protein and fat rations.How do you do?I measure me as little as possible not to spend so many reactive strips, because as for the moment I am in here and there I do not want to run out of them:-/, but you have all the reason when a frequent measurement helps a lot.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
08/29/2010 3:01 a.m.

On that website you have a section that puts "calculate the hydrates of a recipe", or something similar.It is quite simple.
You just have to know (your endo can help you) how much insulin you need for the ration of hydrates.Imagine you need 0.75 units per ration.Then you multiply the number of portions by 0.75 (or what comes out to you, of course) and that's it.For example, you are going to take 6 rations of hydrates at a meal;Multiplicas 6 x 0.75 = 4.5 insulin units.

Proteins and fats can influence absorption, but they are not counted as to insulin canity.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/29/2010 12:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.