What do you think?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/24/2010 6:16 p.m.

Text extracted from this website:

Link ... 7 & amp; itemid = 0

Brazilian researchers develop a new option that seeks to cure type 1 diabetes.

Brazil scientists carried out an investigation thanks to which a new therapy was developed to treat type 1 diabetes. This new therapeutic method is to destroy the immune system of people with type 1 diabetes (since it is responsible for the attack on thebeta cells of insulin producers).The destruction would be done by means of chemotherapy and once carried out, stem cells could be transplanted.

The marm cells are removed from the marrow, from the patient, at once and then injected into their bloodstream, explained immunologist Julio Voltarelli, head of the innovative scientific group.As they are primitive cells, capable of creating all body tissues, they reconstruct the patient's immune system which would stop attacking insulin producing cells, with which people with type 1 diabetes would stop needing the injections ofThis hormone.

This hypothesis was corroborated in 13 of the 15 patients who participated in the study.Julio Voltarelli, leader of the team of scientists, said they do not have how to mark the cells and accompany their trajectory so, during research, only the effect is indirectly verified.He also assured that he does not believe that the cells-mood regenerate insulin producing cells and his thesis is that they regenerate the individual's immune system, which stops attacking the pancreas and allows him to work.

Voltarelli said that study patients, aged between 12 and 35, and treated in the initial state of the disease, will be accompanied by life to determine the effects and duration of this new therapy that, for the moment, is for the momentFind in an experimental phase.

Until not knowing the specific results, this new therapy cannot be applied, however it constitutes a very important advance in the treatment of type 1 diabetes.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/24/2010 6:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, in the absence of more data, it seems a tremendous nonsense.
Destroying the immune system would lead, in addition to a complex treatment, being exposed to all kinds of infections and diseases.Come on, a kind of AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome)

Killing gunflies does not seem the best option.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/24/2010 6:50 p.m.

is that this phrase is: shock:
also assured that he does not believe that the mandre cells regenerate insulin producing cells and his thesis is that they regenerate the individual's immune system, which stops attacking the pancreas and allows it to work.

This man (calling him scientist seems to happen to me) will have dismantled all that of Langerhans (the islet), I imagine.
In addition, it will have demonstrated (first in the world and worthy of several grammys, nobel, Oscars and Kinder eggs) that the immune system attacks certain regions of the pancreas but not to the thyroid, to the hypothalamus, to the inguinal region or the cell growth ofPorcelain nails ... And you will know with certainty what is the mechanism by which insulin is not produced again ... and it will very clearly differentiate diabetes mody or lada diabetes .....:-/

If your method does not generate insulin -producing cells again and taking into account that I do not have insulin producing cells, can you explain how my pancreas will generate insulin?:-/
I must be very dumb because I don't understand it.

By the way, as I heard, and I checked later, from the mouth of several Spanish stem cell researchers .... pancreatic stem cells were absolute unknown ... even.

DiabetesForo
08/25/2010 7:42 a.m.

He reminds me of a House chapter, I think that exactly that to cure an anti -navidship ... I hope that the investigations are not based on that chapter: P ...

Uff that fear tries to cure diabetes to cannon ones ... a few years ago they told me they were doing studies in pancreas transplants to cure diabetes.I know the pancreas has other functions apart from insulin and that can cause many health problems ... better that they do not touch nothing necessary

tica's profile photo
tica
08/25/2010 9:15 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, hopefully something better will come up not taking ...;)

DiabetesForo
08/26/2010 8:34 a.m.

Yes of course ... we can also try to hang on a 15 -storey building in Spiderman Plan and see if our hemo goes down.Or we can also swell to eat everything we can (sweets, ice cream, chucheías, 1 whole cake) to see if giving us a good hypermegaglycemia explodes the pancreas and begins to segregate the insulin by itself:?A little touched is this assumption "scientific" right?XDD Hopefully something better =)

DiabetesForo
08/30/2010 7:48 p.m.

God what fear!
It seems to me that I do not present myself to that type of study or crazy
My mother, like all the investigations continue along that path ... we carry it clear!

Greetings to all.

emagazar's profile photo
emagazar
08/31/2010 10:38 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.