New help with bomb !!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/28/2010 3:42 p.m.

Hello: S today was my first change of cateters and that when I already had the catheter and I put the reservoir quickly and asked me to rewind me (I did not remember that that has to be done before putting the reservoir inside ....Something happens to rewind with the reservoir inside?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/28/2010 3:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Better start again, and do it step by step, calmly, following the instructions.
The rush are never good, and except if you are a beginner.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/28/2010 4:12 p.m.

Never, never, you can overwhelm be the bombing of the pump, 1st important rule you have to learn, and why?Because if you do you do not know how much insulin it enters the body and you also have to fill the cannula and you can give you a downturn of a thousand cush ... my advice: the same of Alea when you change the catheter do it calmly andNo hurry.From experiences are learned

paula's profile photo
paula
08/29/2010 7:43 a.m.

Hello everyone, this is very sensillo and examo, (caution) 1st, change the entire equipment, 2nd prepare the geringa the cap and the catheter, 3º backward the embolo, 4th introduce the geringa already prepared, adjust the catheter with themagnifying glass, 5th purge (it is given a few blows to let the bubbles release) so that you see the insulin out and check that it does not have bubbles.
I think it is well explicated, if someone has doubt or rectification, to please hang it.
Health ;)

DiabetesForo
09/16/2010 12:25 p.m.

Well kiko xD I in my case 1 I do a control to see what I had 2 I wash my hands well, 3rd I prepare the sterile field, I separate a part as clean and another as "dirty" in the clean I put only two gauze with alcoholand the catheter without the wrapping and in the other the Quick Set, the reservoir, the Boli of Novo Rapid, the tape and the alcohol in case.Lubric the syringe, and full the reservoir, I eliminate the bubbles giving it slight blows with the insulin empty, then I cleaned the area to click with alcohol (inside I did out), I hope it dries a little, I punctuate the quick set setAnd I disconnect the catheter to purge and eliminate bubbles through the catheter.Then I take and put myself with the configure reservoir pump, remove the old reservoir, rewind, and when I tell me I put the new reservoir, then I lame and full the tube I connect the catheter and I filled the cannula 0.5.And finally I have a control to see how much it has risen after the change.The truth is a bit painful to fill the reservoirs and spend 25 minutes giving it and eliminating bubbles & gt; :( the laboratories should think about doing the reservoirs already prepared, or at least one method to eliminate the blushing bubbles -.- In short... A little kiss sorry to have rolled up: P

DiabetesForo
09/28/2010 8:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.