I am new

marialo's profile photo   08/29/2010 11:01 a.m.

Hello, I am also new in this, and I want to introduce myself, I am the mother of a celiac girl who has debuted a few months ago with a type 1 diabetes, I am a little desperate because it is very difficult to find gluten -free things and also without sugar, notI know if someone will be in my same situation and can guide me a little.

marialo's profile photo
marialo
08/29/2010 11:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Marialo.

Diabetes 1 and celiacca are autoimmune, so they are associated with some frequency.
The food, I think you should not complicate more than the account.He watches a lot about celiacca, with gluten -free foods, but in terms of diabetes everything is easier.
Do not look for products for diabetics.Not only are they not necessary, but too many times they are counterproductive.A type 1 diabetic can eat everything, as long as the carbohydrate account is well carried out and the appropriate insulin is put.Fast sugars should be left for special occasions or for hypoglycemia, but they must not be completely excluded.
Once you control the diet by portions, you just have to worry about the gluten issue.I spend a very good website that will help you with food in terms of diabetes, and with everything related to it.

Raise all your doubts and we will try to throw a little hand.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/29/2010 11:58 a.m.

Hello Marialo

Welcome

The most important thing of all, both for diabetes and for celiacism, is that you learn to read nutritional information well ... everything that does not carry the nutritional label does not part.

As for diabetes, the link that Alea has put you is the ideal.

As for the gluten -free diet ... it is highly recommended that you approach some association of celiacs:

They can guide you very well on sites where to buy food for celiacs.

Mercadona has a lot of food for celiacs (I think that a high leader has a child with this disease) and should be the most tight products and prices (within how expensive they are)

DiabetesForo
08/29/2010 3:04 p.m.

Thank you very much, for your help, I will put me in the link that you have put me, the Celiaquia we have controlled it because she is celiac since the two years, my mother is too and I have the gene also positive, the problem is what the problem is whatof diabetes that most gluten -free products are with sugar, but well we will try to learn everything we can so that it does not notice the change in food.Greetings.

marialo's profile photo
marialo
08/30/2010 5:02 p.m.

Mariola, even if they have sugar they will also raise glycemia ...

A quick rule:
Everything that runs, nothing or flies no rises glycemia
Everything that is born from Earth+milk rises glycemia

that is, in your case, all cereals will raise glycemia, with and without sugar ... are carbohydrates

DiabetesForo
08/30/2010 5:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.