My first doubt ....

FHMaria's profile photo   09/11/2010 6:06 p.m.

Hello! My name is Maria, I was diagnosed with type I diabetes in April of this year with 16 years (now I am 17: D), since then I have often entered this forum and thanks because I and my parents have helped us.I have believed that it was time to register and I start this "adventure" in the forum with the following doubt: my mother loves to make jams and my eating them, now the stamso buying without sugar but we would like to know if there is any special sweetener to do them andWhat is a thick jam left ... if anyone knows something and can help me, would you do a great favor?Thank you very much to those who collaborate because you help us a lot.

FHMaria's profile photo
FHMaria
09/11/2010 6:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sweetener you can throw anyone but it is preferable to throw liquid because it will always be distributed better.And the thickness, no idea, but the same with Maizena you get ... I hope it serves you.

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/11/2010 6:11 p.m.

Hi Maria:
It is true that the liquid sweetener goes better for any dessert but you have to throw almost double because when the marmalade bathroom the sweetener the sweetener loses much of its properties to sweeten.
Transparent gelatin sheets (flavor or color) go well for jams.
Keep in mind one thing: not having preservatives, once the jar is opened, the jam becomes very fast (I tell you from the experience of having thrown many boats) so you do not do much or do it in small boats.
I hope I helped you something;)

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/11/2010 7:49 p.m.

The thing is thick I would not know how to tell you, because I have never done jams.
As a sweetener, I really like Stevia powder, because it gives a very natural flavor and I think it is not altered with heat.Anyway, I usually give the desserts with sugar, because we calculate the rations and depending on it puts the necessary insulin.
By the way, you are almost the same age.She turns 17 in December.

Tell us something more about you, what treatment you carry and those things.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/11/2010 7:51 p.m.

Thank you all, the jelly is in any supermarket, we will have to look ...
Alea, the problem is that my endocrine is carrying my treatment with slow acting insulin (Levemir 14U) and then I am not lucky that I can be able to inject more units ...

FHMaria's profile photo
FHMaria
09/12/2010 5:35 a.m.

Maria:
Do you only use Levemir as a treatment?
Don't you combine it with another insulin?
;)

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/12/2010 9:08 a.m.

Using only less than treatment seems unplayed.How do you control the intakes?How much glycemias upload at two hours from food?I would value the possibility of looking for a second opinion, because that treatment is, at least, irregular.

Health

DiabetesForo
09/12/2010 12:28 p.m.

My diagnosis of diabetes was because I was drinking the day and as soon as I hit me (in E.F we played handball) I got a moraton.We went to the GP, I was measured by glucose and I had a barbarity (365 mg/dl, I will always remember it!).The next day they did me analysis to confirm it and that was how they diagnosed it.The header prescribed the levemir to give me the doses before each meal and actrapid to administer it when the glucose exceeds 200. Then the endocrine reduced the punctures to before breakfast and before dinner wearing only lighting.The truth is that if it is regulated, looking at the first measurements after the three main meals were 186 mg/dl, 268 mg/dl and 321 mg/dl.Yesterday the measurements at the same time were 133 mg/dl, 112 mg/dl and 153 mg/dl.So I don't know, say what do you think about the results because I have been a little worried ...
Regarding the intakes ... I make 5 meals and depending on how I have glucose when I go to bed I take a yogurt or a glass of milk.

FHMaria's profile photo
FHMaria
09/12/2010 4:25 p.m.

The truth is that I do not know the Levemir but I have endocrine and also a diabetes educator who guides me.I use Apidra for meals and lantus as slow insulin.Before I also used Novomix, who is mixed, so as not to have to prick twice at breakfast and snack.

The fact is that I was diagnosed with diabetes in December last year and I continue with intensive treatment (five punctures minimum per day), so I do not understand why your treatment is only two punctures a day but each person has their treatment andThe treatments are very personal ...

As for the variation of glucose levels, it also usually happens to me from time to time.Suddenly, from one day to another and eating almost the same, it goes up or lowers me ...

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/12/2010 5:45 p.m.

Maria have not consulted with an endocrine?has only the GP? ????????:-/, I do not seem normal either to be only with Levemir and not be able to eat in a varied way.My advice is that you see an endocrine, it is the one who should see you and advise you the right pattern.

DiabetesForo
09/12/2010 5:54 p.m.

Yes I have gone to the endocrine, and it is the one that has told me to use only the moment until the levels are more or less controlled and then said that we would already see how I continued with the treatment.But let's go like everything like before, I mean that I take pasta, fish, vegetables, meat ... only in certain quantities.

FHMaria's profile photo
FHMaria
09/12/2010 6:10 p.m.

It is that the levels will never be controlled only with Levemir, you need a quick insulin to cover carbohydrates of the meals.I guess you are now on honeymoon, but I should blame you a fast unit for meals.

DiabetesForo
09/12/2010 6:21 p.m.

Welcome Maria.

Get the measurements for a day two hours after each meal to see how far you are going up.If you upload a lot, the treatment is not correct.

And, above all, take this seriously, but don't "worry."Calmly is learning, and you will get perfect control.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
09/13/2010 3:30 a.m.

Hi

You are likely in the honeymoon period.Your pancreas still produces some insulin and that is why you may only happen with Levemir, now.
Your diagnosis figures were not too high (here we are quite a lot that we debut with figures above 500 or 600).
What glycosylated hemoglobin do you have?

I agree on what Nacho has told you, make measurements 2 hours after breakfast, eat and dinner ... you are likely to be in figures over 180-200 or higher, then moving or doing some exercise those figures lower wings that you haveposition.

As for the jam, I prefer with sugar ... think that you put a small amount, we normally spread a toast with a very fine layer so it will be as much 1 or 2 HC units.
Also if your mother makes them with sugar they will also serve you for hypoglycemia.

DiabetesForo
09/13/2010 4:02 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.